The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 March 2008, 09:28 PM   #31
sngricky

Thats really low down and despicable, i hope that he gets what is coming to him.
sngricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2008, 02:05 AM   #32
egzbuen
"TRF" Member

I'm not really sure on what laws are effective in Hongkong but should the seller, in this case, bear ALL the loss?

Up to this time, I am not accusing anyone nor Mr. Yeung. Granting arguendo that Fedex was the one who really lost the watch, but, for now, I just didn't like how Mr. Yeung treated me and the situation considering that I just lost the 16800.

1. He doesn't answer all my calls at the time I wanted to confirm receipt of the watch.
2. He e-mails me ten hours after the alleged empty package was claimed/sent and after not answering all my long distance calls.
3. I try calling him again after he sent me an e-mail ("An empty box, 1lb, was opened with a Fedex guy") but still refuses to answer my calls, long distance at that.
4. He simply e-mails me a one liner again "I need the serial no." without telling me why or what for. I e-mailed again with the serial number but never got any reply.
5. Doesn't even bother updating on the investigation being taken by Fedex Hongkong.

Communication was splendid before I sent the watch but it dramatically took a detour when the incident already happened.

Up to this time, Fedex is still investigating.
egzbuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 01:07 AM   #33
tazzy1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520 "M Series"
no idea why you would send this guy or anyone a 10K item without having cleared funds!
the bottom link is one problem from 2006 he had with a watchnet member
http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...to=91645&rid=0
you have to do your google searches prior!! sorry for your loss
Old 26 March 2008, 01:55 PM   #34
sngricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by egzbuen View Post
I'm not really sure on what laws are effective in Hongkong but should the seller, in this case, bear ALL the loss?

Up to this time, I am not accusing anyone nor Mr. Yeung. Granting arguendo that Fedex was the one who really lost the watch, but, for now, I just didn't like how Mr. Yeung treated me and the situation considering that I just lost the 16800.

1. He doesn't answer all my calls at the time I wanted to confirm receipt of the watch.
2. He e-mails me ten hours after the alleged empty package was claimed/sent and after not answering all my long distance calls.
3. I try calling him again after he sent me an e-mail ("An empty box, 1lb, was opened with a Fedex guy") but still refuses to answer my calls, long distance at that.
4. He simply e-mails me a one liner again "I need the serial no." without telling me why or what for. I e-mailed again with the serial number but never got any reply.
5. Doesn't even bother updating on the investigation being taken by Fedex Hongkong.

Communication was splendid before I sent the watch but it dramatically took a detour when the incident already happened.

Up to this time, Fedex is still investigating.

I think this can be classified as Internet fraud, contact the relevant authorities and inform the person that you are taking relevant action to recover your watch/funds if he still does not respond within a said time.

Gather all emails and communications with any other evidence that you have sent the watch, fedex documents, details of this person, his mailing address etc and contact:

Internet Crim Complaint Center
http://www.ic3.gov/

Hong Kong Police (In English with different departments and their local numbers to call, HK country code is +852)
http://www.police.gov.hk/hkp-home/en...ctus/index.htm

Hope that you get back your watch.

Last edited by sngricky; 26 March 2008 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Added information of HK Police contacts
Old 26 March 2008, 02:03 PM   #35
GMTJOHNNY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2007 DAY DATE 18KT
The Authorities

Since it was over $10k value and international [crime] can Interpol or the FBI be called in? Seems like FBI would be the ones to assist. www.fbi.gov I think.
Good luck with everyting.
GMTJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 04:29 PM   #36
sngricky

FBI is involved with Internet Crime Complaint Center
http://www.ic3.gov/
Old 26 March 2008, 04:41 PM   #37
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
It's normal practice to first receive the money and then mail the watch.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 09:22 PM   #38
mickeydainish
Banned

Watch: Sub Date 16610
Sad to hear... I am reading and learning. Tx for the thread and keep us informed. :-)
mickeydainish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2008, 01:17 PM   #39
egzbuen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzy1 View Post
no idea why you would send this guy or anyone a 10K item without having cleared funds!
the bottom link is one problem from 2006 he had with a watchnet member
http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...to=91645&rid=0
you have to do your google searches prior!! sorry for your loss
Actually I did see that. Searching for references, I got more than 5 positives but came to saw that one.

This was my exact question to him:

"By the way, I checked out WN and most of your feedbacks were positive except for one guy who had a bad experience with you. What happened with that transaction? Was it ever resolved? Whose fault was it?"

This is what he got to say about it:

"that call guy, Tom, he met me and bought a bracelet from me few years ago. He checked the bracelet and was glad to buy it. After he used it for 4 months, he wanted to returned it for full price. Ofcourse not from my side, then he started to bad mouthing me on the Internet. That's fine for me since I have tons of other good references to back me up. As you seen, my good customers sent feedback against him as well."
egzbuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2008, 03:19 PM   #40
hienpham04
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
This tells me one thing. The references on TZ and other watch sites might not be enough to trust someone. I know a lot of seller/buyer use watch sites as references. Sorry about your situation...I hope that you insured the package. I was in a similar situation when sending out a 40K certified diamond to our long-term client. Guess what? The client never answer the phone after the package was delivered to their store. The client told UPS they received the package. Because the package was not lost, we got screwed for 40K. Wish you luck~
hienpham04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2008, 05:47 AM   #41
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
I just looked at WatchNet Good Guys and noticed three brand new postings for this guy Calvin Yeung listing him as a good guy. Here is the thread:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...eadt&frm_id=86

What was the outcome for this loss? If this guy is a thief, someone should cross reference this thread back to WatchNet so that they can see that an active investigation is going on over a transaction on TRF.

Terry Newton

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 11:01 PM   #42
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
1 Kilo package..?
The watch (125 gr.) with the Rolex box (400 gr) and accessories weighs 525 gr. approximately
I assume the rest 475 gr. would be the FedEx Box (235 gr.) and wrappings.
My opinion..?
The FedEx delivery guy is "in bed" with your buyer.
The outcome..?
You lost the watch, declare it stollen with IC3
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
and supply the receipt from IC3 to Rolex with the serial and model number.

Next time do not send an unpaid to a foreign land a watch for "inspection" (?)

ALWAYS USE U.S.P.S

By the way
...I am the only guy that Steve Mulholland will send me a watch without payment first...
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 11:23 PM   #43
DRAWTOOL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M & 16570
Go to HK, take a rope...
DRAWTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 11:37 PM   #44
Micha
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263, 1675
Of course I agree with you guys NOT to send out anything before having received CLEARED funds. However, what if the shoe is on the other foot? You send the $$$ and don't receive the goods? Answer: face to face transaction. If this is impractical, don't do the deal, unless you really know the other person.
Old 1 June 2009, 12:06 AM   #45
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Very sorry about this happening to you.

I do not like FedEx because of their lack of insurance coverage on jewelry.

Could you clarify, you say the watch was "empty" and then mention that it was "damaged"?
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2009, 06:00 AM   #46
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
I just looked at WatchNet Good Guys and noticed three brand new postings for this guy Calvin Yeung listing him as a good guy. Here is the thread:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...eadt&frm_id=86

What was the outcome for this loss? If this guy is a thief, someone should cross reference this thread back to WatchNet so that they can see that an active investigation is going on over a transaction on TRF.

Terry Newton

Terry Newton
I recently bought some parts from Calvin without a problem.

I think he really is a good guy.

My opinion is the problem is with FedEx.

The lesson is get paid and always ship fully covered best via 3rd party like parcel pro.

onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2009, 07:15 AM   #47
LocoNBroko
Banned

Watch: GMTIIcSUBUBFDSDDS
Fedex will be of no help... They will not pay insurance claims for watches.
I had a 16613 disappear from a sealed Fedex box back in about 1994. It was declared as a Rolex watch, with insurance paid for $5000.
I received a $100 check from Fedex.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
LocoNBroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2010, 08:45 PM   #48
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Under no circumstances deal with Calvin Yeung.

I am looking for a 1675 and he has been sending me the most rubbish photos of fakes.

If you ever find positive feedback for him please note that all feedback has come from people with 2-3 or fewer posts so he is very likely posting these himself.

I am posting his email addresses so this thread can be indexed by Google for people searching for his email(s): eyet8us@yahoo.com, yeung.calvin@yahoo.com.

What a clown.

Further evidence, http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...0&rev=&reveal=
Old 26 February 2010, 09:20 PM   #49
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemulholland3 View Post
unbeleivable,never ever ever evr send a watch before you get paid.I hope you dont own a buisness as you wont for long if you keep acting foolish.I dont care if the pope asked me to send him a watch to check it out.I would tell him to go f@#k himself.
hope you learned your lesson.
I may probably not have used the same metaphor , but on the principle and general context I would have to say Steven is 100% right . References are something you want if you buy from a person and you have to sent the money out . However you never send a watch like that without having been paid for . I'm afraid you haven't much to stand on if it comes to the nitty gritty . I saw one member sending you off to HK dragging the police along ? His word against yours . Even a judge would find it odd that you send off a watch without having been paid for .
I hope for the best in your case , then again I hope to win the lottery one day too .
BASSETHOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2010, 01:41 AM   #50
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post

The lesson is get paid and always ship fully covered best via 3rd party like parcel pro.

I wish I could take back my post from one year ago that he is a good guy .... despite not personally having a bad deal with him.

He is certainly a guy to watchout for after hearing about many problem deals and getting banned on multiple forums.

And only now do I understand why he would ask for the serial number of this 'lost' watch from the seller.....
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2010, 02:13 AM   #51
eyet
Banned

This is the 1675...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Under no circumstances deal with Calvin Yeung.

I am looking for a 1675 and he has been sending me the most rubbish photos of fakes.

that I emailed "Puffy". It's 100% original Rolex watch which "is serviced from RSC with new 1675 matte dial/hands/bezel and insert."

Dear Anders, please tell me why it's "the most rubbish photos of fakes."

PS: I didn't know guys are discussing about the "missing 16800" incident here, or I shoud response eariler. The "egzbuen" guy sent me an empty box and hoped he will receive the compensation from me. Now he already defrauded small $ from Fedex.

Best regards,
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0100.jpg (94.6 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0110.jpg (79.1 KB, 203 views)
eyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2010, 03:56 AM   #52
pwrslider
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
ohhhh...this just got interesting!!!
Rolex Explorer II Blk (91)
Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish (07)
Panerai 104 & 177ti ( 04/03)
pwrslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2010, 04:10 AM   #53
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Well we all know where this is going, I am going to look for some higher ground because it is going to get really deep here really fast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TURD ALERT.jpg (69.1 KB, 196 views)
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 04:28 AM   #54
franksremote

Watch: IWC DaVinci 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoNBroko View Post
Fedex will be of no help... They will not pay insurance claims for watches.
I had a 16613 disappear from a sealed Fedex box back in about 1994. It was declared as a Rolex watch, with insurance paid for $5000.
I received a $100 check from Fedex.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
+1 something very similar happened to me in the 90's where the FedEx driver accepted a temporary check (starter checks given when you open a checking account) instead of the Cashier's Check/Money Order/Certified Funds that I marked on the bill of lading for a COD and FedEx just refunded the monies I paid for the additional insurance (via declared value) and told me I was SOL even though it was their driver that made the mistake. They later caught the SOB and forced him to make restitution payments which only a small amount was ever paid...

I still refuse to use FedEx whenever possible as they aren't upfront about what's covered even when you disclose what you're sending and they calculate your fees, but should something happen, it's always an oops, we don't cover that, here's your refund for the "insurance" payment portion.

Unless things have changed, they still don't cover "jewelry".
franksremote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 07:51 AM   #55
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I dont care if the pope asked me to send him a watch to check it out.I would tell him to go f@#k himself.
The POPE! The Pontiff?!?!?!? "Hey you with the silly hat ,,,,,,,,"
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 11:10 AM   #56
scottmlew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksremote View Post
Unless things have changed, they still don't cover "jewelry".
Does anyone have solid info about this? I find it fascinating that multiple Rolex ADs, Blue Nile, etc. all send expensive watches and jewelry if the FedEx insurance was so problematic.

How do our trusted sellers here ship?
scottmlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 01:13 PM   #57
dgdjr
"TRF" Member

I am truly sorry to hear this as something similar has happened to me in the recent past - Only the opposite - I agree to purchase a SD from a gentleman. We agreed on a price and I agreed to deposit half of the funds up front and the remainder after deliver. Needless to say - after I made the deposit - I never received the watch and completely lost contact with the seller.

I believe Calvin lost his privileges on VRF early this year.

Best of luck to you
dgdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2010, 02:15 PM   #58
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post

FedEx is, without question, the worst !
Old 11 April 2010, 02:21 PM   #59
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
The POPE! The Pontiff?!?!?!? "Hey you with the silly hat ,,,,,,,,"
Old 11 April 2010, 02:25 PM   #60
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

May I suggest .............

How about a dual. Turn and shoot at 20 paces. Proceeds from ticket sales and all concession stands go into the TRF general fund for next new years eve party at JJ's in NZ. Pic of last years party.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Watch out gang at JJ's New Years party.jpg (122.7 KB, 116 views)