The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 1 May 2013, 10:30 PM   #91
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Yoda
agreed the rm010 has really pulled through for me in my huge turn of a research
basically the 2 screws on the side of the case vs the 4 is a huge deal for me apparently as it makes the watch a lot more aesthetic
the high sitting on the wrist of the 11 and the chrono pushers PLUS the 4 screws all make me realize while i love it i do not want it

the 030 however is between the two
4 screws
bit higher than 10, lower than 11
offers great functions and a sweeet sweet dial and skeleton

if it is anything like the rm029 in terms of price then that surely will push me over towards the 035 as a grail RM.. it has absolutely everything going for it .. except that my GPC is a black watch as well.. but as an enthusiast i cannot just consider overall looks.. and i have to counter in the materials and engineering involved on top of the beautiful showcasing of the movement..

thus
learning the 030's price should cement the 10 as my Ti RM
or it could put the whole thing into a frenzy and i will have to juggle 3 instead of 2

eager to learn and very very much enjoying this EDUCATION
boursachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2013, 11:03 PM   #92
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Hi Boursachi.

Standard RM030 I think is USD87,000.
Black Out is 95 and Black Rose I think 105.

For the complication on offer I think they are over-priced. Can't go wrong with a 10!

Good luck with your research.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2013, 11:07 PM   #93
conkers
"TRF" Member

I should just add that the 11, whilst high, sits very nicely because of the curvature on the back - it does disguise the height somewhat in my view. I have pretty small wrists and the 11 doesn't overwhelm it at all.

35 a different animal entirely!
Old 1 May 2013, 11:42 PM   #94
Yoda

Watch: PP AP RM
Just a note. Due to the thickness of the watches and the curved design the bezel is highly prone to marks and dings, for this reason alone I would get a full metal rather then a coated bezel as you can polish out easily. The secondary market has a higher resale on the 10's and 11's also. Best of luck.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2013, 01:36 AM   #95
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
Hi Boursachi.
For the complication on offer I think they are over-priced. Can't go wrong with a 10!
thanks a lot! yup the black out 030 i found was ~60k, cool thing is that they are Limited to 25pcs but i totally agree that the movement isn't that spectacular though interesting .. so i am guessing the 030 Ti will fetch close to that as they seem to be pretty rare.
and such was the price for BNIB new warranty RM029 i was quoted on (thus opening the door to the RM035 price bracket)

Quote:
I should just add that the 11, whilst high, sits very nicely because of the curvature on the back - it does disguise the height somewhat in my view. I have pretty small wrists and the 11 doesn't overwhelm it at all.

i definitely agree with this, i think i posted here in the initial posts when i spent some time with a RG 011
it wears so comfortably, but my issue with height/size is that i literally wear my watches everywhere and after being pampered with the Ceramic bezel of the Bumblebee, i have come to realize that not all watches offer that safety haha

the 035 is really really an incredible thing, the more i read about it the more intrigued i am .. just that it's " black " and untimely more in terms of rotation, than on budget (as i am 70% going to move some assets anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Just a note. Due to the thickness of the watches and the curved design the bezel is highly prone to marks and dings, for this reason alone I would get a full metal rather then a coated bezel as you can polish out easily. The secondary market has a higher resale on the 10's and 11's also. Best of luck.
agreed on both counts
and this is a reason why i don't think i can ever buy a steel AP from now on!
the RM010 sits at a fairly decent height
+1 on the market demand for those 2 watches but honestly i think it's very early for me to factor that in right now

still.. rm010 vs rm035 seems to be where i'm at right now!

RM LURKERS FEEL FREE T
Old 2 May 2013, 01:37 AM   #96
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Boursachi.
thanks a lot! yup the black out 030 i found was ~60k, cool thing is that they are Limited to 25pcs but i totally agree that the movement isn't that spectacular though interesting .. so i am guessing the 030 Ti will fetch close to that as they seem to be pretty rare.
and such was the price for BNIB new warranty RM029 i was quoted on (thus opening the door to the RM035 price bracket)

Quote:

i definitely agree with this, i think i posted here in the initial posts when i spent some time with a RG 011
it wears so comfortably, but my issue with height/size is that i literally wear my watches everywhere and after being pampered with the Ceramic bezel of the Bumblebee, i have come to realize that not all watches offer that safety haha

the 035 is really really an incredible thing, the more i read about it the more intrigued i am .. just that it's " black " and untimely more in terms of rotation, than on budget (as i am 70% going to move some assets anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
agreed on both counts
and this is a reason why i don't think i can ever buy a steel AP from now on!
the RM010 sits at a fairly decent height
+1 on the market demand for those 2 watches but honestly i think it's very early for me to factor that in right now

still.. rm010 vs rm035 seems to be where i'm at right now!

RM LURKERS FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN and let's help one another get poorer
Old 2 May 2013, 12:33 PM   #97
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Much more affordable than the Nadal...

kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2013, 09:53 PM   #98
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Mike,
that depends, RM027 nadal NADAL? :D
or RM035 baby nadal? how much did you find that carbon 11 for?

just got in contact with a guy in Asia but he has an RM011 Ti ($62k) with warranty valid until mid 2016, waiting to see if he can help with a 10
Old 2 May 2013, 11:22 PM   #99
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

The carbon 11 was only $85 I think. Vs $105 for the 35. The 27 is crazy expensive.
Old 2 May 2013, 11:38 PM   #100
boursachi
"TRF" Member

oh ok you mean msrp
035s sell for 65 to 70 asking
Old 3 May 2013, 08:27 AM   #101
boursachi
"TRF" Member

today was a big deal for me! for the first time i went to try an RM with real intention and predetermination that i want to own one. i have only tried it once before (RG RM011), and have never ever seen them in the wild.
the AD had an RM011 Carbon, an RM011 Polo Club Saint Tropez, and later on when he saw i knew what i was talking about produced an RG RM030

first up, i did not even ask the extremely pleasant and awesome guy at the AD who was very honest with me to remove the plastic from the Polo Club St Tropez. it is white gold, and i did hold it, LOVED its weight, but as i do not wear gold i thought: a. why waste his time, and b. why approach the forbidden fruit?

the RM011 Carbon is ridiculously light.. i mean it is mind-bending light.. i mean i had to flip and handle and turn and try on both wrists to actually get a feel for it.. just incredible really, BUT - a huge but here - i did not like the texture nor the colour of the case. sure i went in not wanting a black watch, however, this was more than that.
dare i say i was not impressed? maybe i am more about form than function when it comes to my watches when i did not think i am? and especially being pampered and blessed to own two Forged Carbon APs; overall, the feather-feel is something i came to realize how cool, and more importantly a feat of engineering to accomplish, but the texture/colour was something that did not win me over.

it was great to get visual, physical, actual and real-time confirmation (you ALL know exactly what i mean here, online vs real life time with a watch) that the 011 is just not the watch for me. it is beautiful no doubt, but has no place in my rotation. it was the carbon that confirmed this to me, it was the dial and the layout of it. and i will discuss this in my next post about the RM030.
and since this is an AP forum, i will just sum up to say this: for the same price, between a carbon RM011 and the GPC, i honestly HONESTLY believe i would have picked the Grand Prix ..

you know how you 'forget' or grow accustomed to what you have, only to be reminded by trying out another thing?
wait, is this sounding like a pop teenager song? :) you get my drift!

on to the RM030
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130502_183625.jpg (56.2 KB, 520 views)
File Type: jpg 20130502_183629.jpg (52.5 KB, 520 views)
File Type: jpg 20130502_183632.jpg (44.8 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg 20130502_183701.jpg (62.5 KB, 516 views)
File Type: jpg 20130502_183751.jpg (92.9 KB, 517 views)
Old 3 May 2013, 08:48 AM   #102
boursachi
"TRF" Member

when the gentleman at the AD told me he had an RM030 he will go bring for me to try on and see, i was more scared than excited ..
i was comforted that it was not a Titanium version, and that it was a Rose Gold because as stated i do not wear gold.. but what made me feel afraid was how EXCITED i got when i thought just a day ago that i have canceled the 030 off the list
so, if that were true, why did i feel like a teenager who knew he was going to be left in a locked room with a hot woman in a minute?

AY DIOS MIO :)

the case was the wrong 'colour' as i am looking for a 'silver' watch on strap, but the dial, the skeletonized movement, the numbers on the date wheel, and the sheer DEPTH that was beyond the hours/minutes hands .. felt like a helicopter ride and seeing a town from the window
it was just incredible

the added weight of the RG, immediately after the Carbon 011, was a welcomed heft .. but i honestly cannot remember if it was any heavier than the Grand Prix .. so 'heft' is probably the wrong word, "weight" is just not something i went in bearing in mind that i will factor

it was all about the movement with this watch
the RM030 is also a tad wider than the 011, and while not by much, it definitely is clear from the wearer's POV.
as described above by member Conkers, the curvature makes the watch feel comfortable, very very comfortable, and the height is not an issue you have to worry about a lot, especially as AP ROO wearers
the difference is that this is a BULK height
while the ROOs are layered, the case first, and then the bezel is added so it is not one piece and not across the whole diameter and dimensions.

still, the 4 screws on the side and this extra height are things that are not fitting to my rotation's needs nor my desire, or tailored desire, for an RM ..

unfortunately there was no RM010 for me to try on, it would have been the PERFECT scenario
but the carbon 011's weight was an eye opener, it made me wonder do i really want such a light watch, even lighter, in the RM035? obviously that is Magnesium Aluminum, and as described above my peeve is with the texture/colour of the carbon; not the weight itself.. and if the RM030 has had me going bonkers with its skeletonized movement, then surely the 035 can offer a yet more sublime experience day in day out?

i definitely learned something
a. the 4 screws and 4 'bridges' on the side are definitely a big deal for me, i wouldn't say as imposing as the ROO 44s vs R00 42s, but to my eyes which i like to think have become 'connoisseur-ed' it definitely leans my appeal greatly
b. the numbers of the dates around the dial is a great touch undone service by pictures and gladly the 010 offers that.
c. sure the power reserve and on/off are great touches on the 030, but they themselves were not what has drawn me to the watch

the RM010 hunt marches on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130502_184216.jpg (187.8 KB, 517 views)
File Type: jpg 20130502_184213.jpg (145.1 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg 20130502_184709.jpg (58.7 KB, 507 views)
Old 3 May 2013, 09:13 AM   #103
h999r
Banned

Watch: -ing Barts.
RM011 carbon look sick !
h999r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2013, 09:23 AM   #104
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Heru, it really was
the lack of weight, the black/red combo, the business (busy-ness) of the dial all make it very, very cool

but have you tried it on in real life?
i would love for anyone to share their thoughts on RM's carbon!
are we, AP folk, blessed/cursed with forged carbon? did it mess with our heads?
Old 3 May 2013, 10:38 AM   #105
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

The RM35 is GORGEOUS but I'm thinking I'd like a RG RM10 or RM05. While the carbon 11 is technically cool, I'd rather have the Nadal but not at that price.
Old 3 May 2013, 03:22 PM   #106
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Still love the rm11, however I think the pieces and their prices as a whole are overvalued/overrated

Not to mention their straps are pieces of sh**

Oh well lol
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2013, 08:19 PM   #107
conkers
"TRF" Member

I tried the Carbon before getting my Marcus - DLC/Titanium half way between Carbon and Gold in terms of weight. Perfect for me. 35 too light for me, hence sold. I didn't try the Titalyt 11 however so not sure of that weight.

Great posts Boursachi, keep the feedback coming! At this price you should be demanding 100% perfection and suitability, and you are!
Old 3 May 2013, 08:58 PM   #108
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Still love the rm11, however I think the pieces and their prices as a whole are overvalued/overrated
Not to mention their straps are pieces of sh**
Oh well lol
Martin i was just stunned at how well put together an AP is considering how RM pride themselves.. it really does have an impact.. and while they deliver, there is still nothing about the 4 watches i have handled that is far more superior finishing wise and in assembly over an AP. i say this because as a GPC brother i want to remind you of somehing which i personally have grown to take for granted.
i am definitely guilty of forgetting this about AP (3yrs a member of the club now) but this has been an eye opener.

are the RMs overpriced? yes
overrated? i dont THINK so but the price doesnt help their case when someone shortlists other alternatives.
and speaking of alternatives there is nothing that ticks the right boxes for me now like an RM010 does especially since i am a gearhead as big as a watchnut

Quote:
I tried the Carbon before getting my Marcus - DLC/Titanium half way between Carbon and Gold in terms of weight. Perfect for me. 35 too light for me, hence sold. I didn't try the Titalyt 11 however so not sure of that weight.

Great posts Boursachi, keep the feedback coming! At this price you should be demanding 100% perfection and suitability, and you are!
first thanks for the encouragement mate i hope people in the same boat can benefit now or in rhe future. unfortunately this sort of review is not to be found on an RM.
second thank you for the input on the RMs the info is truly important and i for one am taking it all into consideration!

i guess i forgot to ask you the most important question conkers:
have you owned the 10? ti or rg or limited?
i am 29 now and as described above crazy about automaking so is it just price driven that i say the 10 is the perfect rm for me? or is there more to it

any experiences are appreciated!
Old 3 May 2013, 09:40 PM   #109
edo
"TRF" Member

Richard Mille posts that You dont find that often great write ups boursachi
You dont wear gold for religious reasons? :)
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2013, 08:21 AM   #110
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Richard Mille posts that You dont find that often great write ups boursachi
You dont wear gold for religious reasons? :)
thanks a lot bro! means a lot that some of you are liking the posts.. i hope they come off as eager attempts of sharing our passion and excitement

and yes sir indeed i dont wear gold for religious reasons
to be honest it is becoming harder now with the rosegold shades and the contrast it offers.. same can be said for the heft of white gold!
but that is okay, fortunately i like the RMs in Titanium
... which is surprising because the AP Ti watches cannot win me over to the point that makes me want one
Old 4 May 2013, 11:26 AM   #111
conkers
"TRF" Member

Not owned a 10 Boursachi, but have a soon to be departing 5 which is the second time I have had a 5. Never wear it now I have the 11. I would probably have a 29 over a 10 but I know you like the four screws on the bezel side.
Old 5 May 2013, 06:52 AM   #112
boursachi
"TRF" Member

conkers, pics of the 5 please? is it WG, Ti, or a FM? :)
funny you mention it because this post will be relevant to the 005

well, still no 10s popping up in my search but that is sort of okay as it is REALLY testing me.. it will be interesting when i finally find a good deal, and it gets so serious as i am about to part with the funds, THEN i will know..
i did find an RM023 Ti (and a 033 but with arabic numerals).. i skipped entirely the 23 my initial research although i thought the roman numerals were cool (mind you, this whole hunt was initiated by an AP Millenary 4101 !! and it is my 'safety'), all the 023s i have seen were RG and iirc had diamonds or something?
it is bnib and the price seemed 'fair' before negotiations, however ..

dimensions seem to be exactly like those of an RM005. i uploaded some pics i've had on my pc from prosite to show the differences between the 5 and 10. also did a small side by side between 023 and 010 but the dials are shown not the dimensions. lastly the actual two watches i found are shown, if anyone is interested PM me so i can put you in contact guys! :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10 vs 5.jpg (108.7 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg 10 vs 5 2.jpg (91.2 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg 10 vs 5 3.jpg (173.7 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130504-WA0011.jpg (90.8 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130504-WA0001.jpg (56.1 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20130504-WA0002.jpg (51.6 KB, 437 views)
Old 5 May 2013, 12:29 PM   #113
conkers
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the appalling quality photos. It is white gold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0534.jpg (86.5 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0528.jpg (62.8 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0527.jpg (60.8 KB, 428 views)
Old 5 May 2013, 06:30 PM   #114
boursachi
"TRF" Member

thanks a lot for the pics
rm005 and rm010 are really very very clean dials
Old 5 May 2013, 08:00 PM   #115
conkers
"TRF" Member

The 5 is too small if you are used to the likes of the 11 and big APs.
Old 5 May 2013, 08:53 PM   #116
boursachi
"TRF" Member

i agree Roger.. the closest ive been to an RM was about to pull the trigger on an FM limited with the yellow inner
but went with the AP BB instead due to the FC ans Ceramic.. and size was mostly the reason as well

i will keep u guys posted
and really hope the guys here join in with their thoughts and passion
Old 6 May 2013, 12:39 AM   #117
conkers
"TRF" Member

Have emailed you Ali.
Old 6 May 2013, 07:02 PM   #118
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boursachi View Post
thanks a lot bro! means a lot that some of you are liking the posts.. i hope they come off as eager attempts of sharing our passion and excitement

and yes sir indeed i dont wear gold for religious reasons
to be honest it is becoming harder now with the rosegold shades and the contrast it offers.. same can be said for the heft of white gold!
but that is okay, fortunately i like the RMs in Titanium
... which is surprising because the AP Ti watches cannot win me over to the point that makes me want one
Agree bro.. yellow gold does nothing for me (no metter of brand and model) but rose gold shades are very tempting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boursachi
i did find an RM023 Ti (and a 033 but with arabic numerals).. i skipped entirely the 23 my initial research although i thought the roman numerals were cool (mind you, this whole hunt was initiated by an AP Millenary 4101 !! and it is my 'safety'), all the 023s i have seen were RG and iirc had diamonds or something?
it is bnib and the price seemed 'fair' before negotiations, however ..
RM023 is cool watch, but first RM MUST be tonneau case and arabic numbers :)... as they say that first Ferrari must be red :)...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2013, 01:39 PM   #119
Shade
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
$6k minimum service cost has me waiting a little longer to see how durable these watches are.
Seriously? I'll never buy an RM - sorry. What a hoard of bull dung.

http://rolexforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33241&dateline=128831  6747

Plus PAM 233, 232, 249 & PAM 417.
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2013, 03:56 PM   #120
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Seriously? I'll never buy an RM - sorry. What a hoard of bull dung.
You realize many people say the same thing about Rolex service costs? It's all relative.