The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 13 June 2017, 09:38 AM   #61
Gecko10
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveSales View Post

ETH is currently 390$ per coin. I think you will have to budge a little more than 10 cents on the dollar to buy my remains

That is just my ETH investments. I have money in couple other alt coins that I'm up a decent amount on.

I won't even bother telling you my age because that would just be overkill right there.
Wait and maybe I will go up to .30 on the dollar. But, it will happen within 24 month. Wait for it.
Old 13 June 2017, 09:49 AM   #62
Gecko10
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT 1675
Icon10

Quote:

ETH is currently 390$ per coin. I think you will have to budge a little more than 10 cents on the dollar to buy my remains

That is just my ETH investments. I have money in couple other alt coins that I'm up a decent amount on.

I won't even bother telling you my age because that would just be overkill right there.
Great I love it. It is always excerrellating, but infrequently profitibltable. Ymmv!!!!!
Old 13 June 2017, 09:58 AM   #63
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko10 View Post
Wait and maybe I will go up to .30 on the dollar. But, it will happen within 24 month. Wait for it.
In 24 months you are going to wish you used your 50 years of investing experience to listen to someone 3 times younger than you telling you to buy in.
Old 13 June 2017, 10:34 AM   #64
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Cool story I read, the first thing ever purchased with Bitcoin was 2 Papa Johns Pizza's back in 2010 for 10,000 bitcoins, at the time was worth about $41 altogether, now those same 10k bitcoins would equal around $25million

Some may think what a waste it was but without the first purchase proving it was possible maybe it would have never taken off and get to where it is today

I don't own any coins but have been trading some CFD's and made a few $ on both BTC and ETH, almost enough for that new PAM I've been eying
Old 13 June 2017, 02:52 PM   #65
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko10 View Post
We get your point, but this is like offering $1,800 for a new SubC -- it's a lowball that any sane owner would ignore.

Considering that most TRF members are not institutional-sized investors, they should have no problem selling their digital currencies at market value. I acknowledge that the really big ones may have problems due to the depth of the market.
Old 13 June 2017, 10:10 PM   #66
jhilly8982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Despite what you perceive him to be... he is right. If he is telling his friend circle to join it's because he wants them to make money.
In my decade experience of being a professional trader (and this is generally true of everyone) If they constantly draw attention to how much money they made and "want everyone to do as well as them" it is most likely not true.
Old 14 June 2017, 02:17 AM   #67
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilly8982 View Post
In my decade experience of being a professional trader (and this is generally true of everyone) If they constantly draw attention to how much money they made and "want everyone to do as well as them" it is most likely not true.
Or you know...

You could use your DECADE of experience to do 5 minutes of research. Take a look at the graphs, take a look at the volume, take a look at the market cap, take a look at the purposes of the technology behind it.
Old 14 June 2017, 03:18 AM   #68
jhilly8982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Or you know...

You could use your DECADE of experience to do 5 minutes of research. Take a look at the graphs, take a look at the volume, take a look at the market cap, take a look at the purposes of the technology behind it.
Never said you can't make money on it, actually, my post implies that everyone should do their due diligence when investing. Simply listening to how much money someone is making on something isn't a reason to invest.

If I told you I bought Apple when it split for $92 and it keeps going higher and I am making a ton of money and the gravy train will never slow down and you should get in now cause you will make a ton of money, cause anecdotally, I made money. Does that bring legitimacy to me or the investment? Or would it be a better idea to investigate it yourself?

There are some people in the thread dismissing it because they don't know or have heard bad things and you are dismissing them because they don't want to invest in it.

Doing your own research is one thing, getting in because someone said so is another thing.

The thing with Crpyto is that the people wanting to bring legitimacy to it, almost have an illegitimate effect. I can tell you one thing, the central banks have a very strong reason to keep things how they are and crypto isn't in their master plan.
Old 16 June 2017, 12:52 AM   #69
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/15/bitco...-for-june.html
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 16 June 2017, 02:18 AM   #70
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Pretty happy my ETH is treating me well as well as one of my coins that hit ATH during the crash.

BTC keeps seeing resistance at 3000, 2 weeks ago same thing happen. Might be seeing BTC hit 1800-2000$ before correction. Tuesday was definitely a huge bull trap for a lot of people new to crypto.
Old 17 June 2017, 07:34 AM   #71
WatchAffinity
"TRF" Member

Watch: Affinity
I've been holding a few different cryptos since late 2015 and am very happy :)

The key is patience and believing in what you're buying just like with anything else.

More sellers on here need to start accepting BTC/ETH as payment with the super low fees and no paypal BS or risk of chargebacks plus they can instantly deposit it to their bank account so no risk of value fluctuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 June 2017, 09:27 AM   #72
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
Times change. I'm sure people had the same scepticism when stocks first came out. "Why should I pay hundreds of dollars for a piece of paper, I'll stick to gold" etc. The OP has illustrated that at the moment the investment community for cryptocurrency is mostly arrogant teenagers taking a punt but given time I think these cryptocurrencies will become a perfectly normal investment option for educated investors who use market data, do research, just like stocks are today.
Old 17 June 2017, 09:32 AM   #73
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
Quote:
Exactly. I once made a 5000% return betting on a horse race. Using their attitude, I should call anyone an idiot for not betting on horses
Old 23 June 2017, 12:00 AM   #74
jhilly8982
"TRF" Member

Flash Crash in ETH yesterday. One of the crypto currency discussed here. A multi-million dollar sell order took ETH down from $317 to $224 (30% slippage) in one order, this resulted in stop loss triggers bringing ETH down to near zero. It did bounce back up, but imagine how pissed you would be if you got stopped out and couldn't get back in at a good level.
Old 23 June 2017, 09:29 AM   #75
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

I just dont get the whole mining coins. Seen some videos of computer rooms that use enough power to take care of a small city.
Old 24 June 2017, 02:47 AM   #76
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
I just dont get the whole mining coins. Seen some videos of computer rooms that use enough power to take care of a small city.
I'm actually in the process of building two rigs for mining. What these rigs essentially do is confirm transactions and take a small "processing fee".

They are built to confirm transactions in the block chain.

This video explains it in simple terms for newer people in crypto https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GmOzih6I1zs
Old 24 June 2017, 12:09 PM   #77
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
I'm actually in the process of building two rigs for mining. What these rigs essentially do is confirm transactions and take a small "processing fee".

They are built to confirm transactions in the block chain.

This video explains it in simple terms for newer people in crypto https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GmOzih6I1zs
Lol that video was ridiculous. Computers solve math problems and that creates money? Did I miss something?
Old 24 June 2017, 05:32 PM   #78
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Lol that video was ridiculous. Computers solve math problems and that creates money? Did I miss something?
No you didn't.

Old 26 June 2017, 01:31 PM   #79
smak
Banned

i would not go so far as to suggest mining to this community, but no doubt crypto isn't going anywhere.. the more proven it becomes, wider spread it's adoption, the higher its value will rise.

it's inevitable.

my biased opinion clearly stated, let me pose the following question:

any plans to start accepting bitcoin for membership dues? :)
Old 8 August 2017, 04:32 AM   #80
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Still ballin!
Old 8 August 2017, 05:55 AM   #81
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Latest Forbes issue on this subject is a good read.
Old 8 August 2017, 05:59 AM   #82
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Then you are looking at paper gains, my friend. Realizing gains is what matters.

Quote:
I take a look at my portfolio
Old 8 August 2017, 07:05 AM   #83
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
Then you are looking at paper gains, my friend. Realizing gains is what matters.
Well... Cryptocurrency has actual use to it. For example, for my trip to Colorado last weekend... I used bitcoins to pay for my plane tickets (expedia accepts btc). I also used bitcoins to pay for a new laptop and tv through Newegg.
Old 8 August 2017, 08:08 AM   #84
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
My computer has generated about $250 over the last month or so.

It's in bitcoin of course so it's gone up from what the mined amount was at the time of deposit.

I just leave it running when I'm not at home.

Not a dedicated mining machine, but I just move that bitcoin around into up and coming currencies. So why not.
Old 15 August 2017, 02:52 AM   #85
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Old 15 August 2017, 04:41 AM   #86
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

You're really beating the hell out of this. Who cares...
Old 15 August 2017, 06:11 AM   #87
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
You're really beating the hell out of this. Who cares...
1000%

Old 15 August 2017, 07:02 AM   #88
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
All of this reminds me of a huge scandal which was in France 300 years ago, the king hired a scottish guy who had this brilliant idea of using paper money which was supposed to be indexed to Gold but it wasn't, they were just printing like nowadays, some people made huge fortunes, selling on time, the ones who bought high and didn't sell on time were ruined badly. It was John Law, in 1716, it was a huge scandal, basically it was built on air, like the euro and dollar in reality, their value is just backed by the "reputation" of the countries printing them, and the central banks, great job bringing on Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal on the euro by the way, the best economic motors of the EU , and like all speculation at one point it went BANG, really don't know why but everytime I hear about these currencies, I think of that story, basically it's air, in case too many people want to change them for cash at the same time, it will hurt badly. But hey if your timing is right sure you can make a fortune, just like some people did with Law's system...
Old 15 August 2017, 07:20 AM   #89
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:

The thing with Crpyto is that the people wanting to bring legitimacy to it, almost have an illegitimate effect. I can tell you one thing, the central banks have a very strong reason to keep things how they are and crypto isn't in their master plan.
Bingo, exactly what happened with Law's system, the bankers got together, and with wagons full of his paper money, went in front of his offices, and asked to be paid in gold, which he obviously couldn't, which brought the whole thing down, the Central banks can buy a good amount of crypto, and at once sell, the whole thing will come crumbling down, it is just air but hey what do I know, at the same time in most countries, the retirement system isnbased on the Ponzi scheme, or pyramid or Bernie Madoff, same thing, as long as younhave more people coming in the work place and paying taxes it's all good, when it's not the case anymore it's all over, and every European country and many others took example of this huge scam to invent the retirement of the seniors, isn't that great? Take the biggest scam and make it into law
Old 15 August 2017, 08:17 AM   #90
corn18
Banned

Is there any data on how many things are actually purchased with cryptocurrency? Or is all the hype just about trading cryptocurrency?
Closed Thread