The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 May 2023, 05:38 AM   #1
smith45
"TRF" Member

Heathrow/Dubai AD's

Hi all,

Does anyone have any info or had any luck in the T5 WOS AD? Travelling through on Thursday next week, gave them a quick call to see if I can register in advance but advised they only send to existing clients but occasionally have pieces people haven't been able to get there to pickup.

Furthermore I know there's a few locations in Dubai but has anyone had any luck as a non UAE resident on a walk in? Highly unlikely I can imagine given the wealth out there but thought it might be worth a go.

On the list for a DJ41 fluted bezel on Jubilee black dial in the UK but hasn't come through yet.

Thanks all,
smith45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 05:49 AM   #2
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

The Heathrow WoS is very much a relationship based AD. I’ve had great luck acquiring pieces from then but it’s required persistence and a lot of patience. Definitely make an effort to stop in and show genuine interest. And keep in touch with them if you’re able. I’ve found they’re not the best at proactively reaching out but that they’re good people in general who look after their authentic customers. If you can spend a few minutes just observing the nonsense they have to put up with day in and day out, you might come to appreciate the slow pace they operate to build trust and rapport with their clients. Good luck!
WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 06:25 AM   #3
Yeldraw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Been into T5 Rolex a couple of times over the last 6 months. First time the guy was really friendly. Noticed both mine and my wifes watches and we had a chat about my collection and what pieces I had. I have quite a big collection and have a very good relationship my local AD (Goldsmiths) so he said he wouldn't sell me anything as he would be questioned by the group as to why he's selling watches to a customer who already buys from the group somewhere else. Seemed a genuine answer but he could be talking rubbish.

Second time was a different SA and they said they had nothing for sale.

As for Dubai, the AD in the airport again spotted both our watches. After a bit of chit chat they offered me a Two tone Submariner with Black dial. I declined as I'm not into TT watches that much. They had plenty of exhibition only including the Olive green rose gold day date but thats all they were willing to sell me.

Thats my experience but I guess it depends which SA is working and what they can actually sell at that moment in time.

Good luck though.
Yeldraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 06:35 AM   #4
messikens
"TRF" Member

I never understood this... Do you have to have a relationship with WoS? I mean honestly how does one "build a relationship" within an airport...?

In a consultant and I either have no time or don't fly enough to be building a relationship after the security check...

Am I missing something?
messikens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 06:42 AM   #5
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
I never understood this... Do you have to have a relationship with WoS? I mean honestly how does one "build a relationship" within an airport...?

In a consultant and I either have no time or don't fly enough to be building a relationship after the security check...

Am I missing something?

The airport location for WoS is just like any other branch. For some of us, LHR is a more convenient location for visiting, checking out pieces, and making purchases when there’s availability. I’ve traveled to Heathrow just to purchase a piece from the airport boutique and that location saved me the need to travel into central London and spend an extra night in the country. That said, they all use the same centralized registry so use the location that makes the most sense to you.
WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 06:51 AM   #6
smith45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchOut4It View Post
The Heathrow WoS is very much a relationship based AD. I’ve had great luck acquiring pieces from then but it’s required persistence and a lot of patience. Definitely make an effort to stop in and show genuine interest. And keep in touch with them if you’re able. I’ve found they’re not the best at proactively reaching out but that they’re good people in general who look after their authentic customers. If you can spend a few minutes just observing the nonsense they have to put up with day in and day out, you might come to appreciate the slow pace they operate to build trust and rapport with their clients. Good luck!
Good to know thank you! Yes I dread to think the kind of enquiries they get there in and out all day, think I'll pop in anyway and potentially register as it's quite easy for me to get in and out of Heathrow.
Old 26 May 2023, 06:54 AM   #7
smith45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldraw View Post
Been into T5 Rolex a couple of times over the last 6 months. First time the guy was really friendly. Noticed both mine and my wifes watches and we had a chat about my collection and what pieces I had. I have quite a big collection and have a very good relationship my local AD (Goldsmiths) so he said he wouldn't sell me anything as he would be questioned by the group as to why he's selling watches to a customer who already buys from the group somewhere else. Seemed a genuine answer but he could be talking rubbish.

Second time was a different SA and they said they had nothing for sale.

As for Dubai, the AD in the airport again spotted both our watches. After a bit of chit chat they offered me a Two tone Submariner with Black dial. I declined as I'm not into TT watches that much. They had plenty of exhibition only including the Olive green rose gold day date but thats all they were willing to sell me.

Thats my experience but I guess it depends which SA is working and what they can actually sell at that moment in time.

Good luck though.
This is great thanks for the info! Nothing to lose so will definitely pop in and have a conversation. Agree on the TT, been offered this from my AD and had to decline!