The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 27 June 2016, 10:36 PM   #1
cmcm3
"TRF" Member

Nautilus Strap Conversion Kit

The question has been asked many a time and oft and the answer is always negative, but I'm just sitting here looking at my 5711 and I just can't understand why some budding entrepreneur hasn't created a conversion kit for bracelet-to-strap conversions for the Nautilus. The bracelet, including the end-link is attached by pins to the case. Surely all it would take is the fashioning of an aftermarket end link to fill that gap and with another hole through it to allow a strap to be secured to it, in the same way people make after-market "plot links" for AP's. I'm not suggesting for a second its something I could do, but there are so many people out there that could, I'm surprised someone hasn't given it a bash. They've managed for Audemars, Rolex, etc. it's not like the Nautilus hasn't been around a while...

It's not like your typical Patek owner is strapped for cash so I'd think the producer of a decent kit could charge like the proverbial rhino.

Just a thought...
Old 27 June 2016, 11:00 PM   #2
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
The question has been asked many a time and oft and the answer is always negative, but I'm just sitting here looking at my 5711 and I just can't understand why some budding entrepreneur hasn't created a conversion kit for bracelet-to-strap conversions for the Nautilus. The bracelet, including the end-link is attached by pins to the case. Surely all it would take is the fashioning of an aftermarket end link to fill that gap and with another hole through it to allow a strap to be secured to it, in the same way people make after-market "plot links" for AP's. I'm not suggesting for a second its something I could do, but there are so many people out there that could, I'm surprised someone hasn't given it a bash. They've managed for Audemars, Rolex, etc. it's not like the Nautilus hasn't been around a while...

It's not like your typical Patek owner is strapped for cash so I'd think the producer of a decent kit could charge like the proverbial rhino.

Just a thought...
could be a very simple reason ,
this watch looks on bracelet the best.

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2016, 11:15 PM   #3
cmcm3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
could be a very simple reason ,
this watch looks on bracelet the best.

Agreed, but a little variety now and again doesn't go amiss.
Old 28 June 2016, 01:43 PM   #4
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I wish this would happen...it would be nice to change things up every now and then
mps354 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2016, 02:27 PM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Just too small a market me thinks...
GB-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2016, 03:42 PM   #6
CLuxlover
"TRF" Member

I agree that this watch looks good with a bracelet but I totally get what you mean about sometimes wanting a variety...
CLuxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2016, 04:09 PM   #7
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Rolex and AP as far as I know, ok Rolex it's obvious, are a huge market compared to the Nautilus, so not sure this would be interesting for the makers of such a product, and as was said the Naut on bracelet does look best, so not sure owners would pay a lot just to put a strap on their Naut...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote