The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 5 June 2020, 02:53 PM   #31
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlDM View Post
Who is Ninja? Is he the notorious You Tube watch guru from Australia who is trolling watch forums
He's not the Youtube guy. He's a legendary figure on TRF that was perma banned for colorful language, exotic pictures, and a delightful lewd sense of humor that is misunderstood by many. We still talk alot on instagram @really_fat_ninja
Old 5 June 2020, 02:55 PM   #32
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Hey Jin, great collection. Have to confess, your 5167 r makes me sad I sold mine to help w purchase of 5711R ( which I love but don’t wear much) . Thanks for your great posts. Btw , what happened to our friend, the Ninja??? Is he permanently banned?? Been missing him.
Your pal, james
Thanks for the compliments bro. No need to be jealous since that is a 5167A under yellow light so it tricked you to thinking its rose gold :)

Ninja got rebanned and we still talk on instagram and via text all the time. He's more into RMs these days.

PS: He still has the crooked dial 5711R :)
Old 5 June 2020, 03:03 PM   #33
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Ha!phew feeling better about 5167! Ha! but someday I would like to get another if I can ever find a new AD who wants to sell me some timepieces. :-( . Thanks for info on Ninja- he was a great contribution I thought to RF , maybe somewhat rough around the edges but a good guy. Like your collection Jin - thanks for sharing and your great contribution to the forum , james
Old 5 June 2020, 03:21 PM   #34
KarlDM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
He's not the Youtube guy. He's a legendary figure on TRF that was perma banned for colorful language, exotic pictures, and a delightful lewd sense of humor that is misunderstood by many. We still talk alot on instagram @really_fat_ninja
Thanks gents for the clarification
Old 5 June 2020, 05:14 PM   #35
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Here’s my top 7 - all discontinued except the 5167

3970G black dial - 36mm
3712a - 39mm
2526j black dial - 36mm
3919j - 34mm
5167a - 40mm
1680 red
16520 zenith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding collection!
Old 5 June 2020, 11:08 PM   #36
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Great post OP. Great pics. Am sure you still have lots of great pieces in your stash.

Even greater you are aware of where youre at. Vintage/Classic phase is a good place to be.

Me, am still confused.
Old 6 June 2020, 12:08 AM   #37
Heu
"TRF" Member

Awesome collection!
Old 6 June 2020, 02:10 AM   #38
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlDM View Post
Who is Ninja? Is he the notorious You Tube watch guru from Australia who is trolling watch forums
Quote:
Yes, @Fat_ninja apparently got banned (again), I recently talked to him outside of TRF. Honestly, I fail to see a strong reason for ninja being banned. I never saw him being malicious, mean, biting or vicious in any way on TRF, quite the opposite, he was usually rather lighthearted and playful.

Unfortunately, some people in this world are overly thin-skinned, and fail to realize the underlying issue may be with themselves, not with the generally innocuous and playful comments of others.

Moderators: I think you should re-instate @Fat_ninja. Honestly, the banning has gotten excessive. A little humor and wit from time to time is actually a nice thing that should be encouraged, not punished.

Cheers everybody.
Old 6 June 2020, 03:29 AM   #39
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSpaniard View Post
Yes, @Fat_ninja apparently got banned (again), I recently talked to him outside of TRF. Honestly, I fail to see a strong reason for ninja being banned. I never saw him being malicious, mean, biting or vicious in any way on TRF, quite the opposite, he was usually rather lighthearted and playful.

Unfortunately, some people in this world are overly thin-skinned, and fail to realize the underlying issue may be with themselves, not with the generally innocuous and playful comments of others.

Moderators: I think you should re-instate @Fat_ninja. Honestly, the banning has gotten excessive. A little humor and wit from time to time is actually a nice thing that should be encouraged, not punished.

Cheers everybody.
Agreed. Not long on here, but I miss his good-natured ribbing (more often than not about himself)...
Old 6 June 2020, 03:57 AM   #40
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSpaniard View Post

Cheers everybody.

Big fan of FN - want to meet the guy - good humour.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 6 June 2020, 10:14 AM   #41
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Big fan of FN - want to meet the guy - good humour.

I second and third that . Miss FN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 6 June 2020, 10:29 AM   #42
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Been following Jonathan on IG and here and always liked his banter. Not sure what lines were crossed, but we lost a watch loving guy with a unique sense of humor which sometimes got him into trouble.
Old 6 June 2020, 04:48 PM   #43
bob101
"TRF" Member

Never seen the guy posting anything insulting or malicious, always good humor, don’t know why he got banned? Let’s have a PP forum vote to reinstate his account.

Similar to OP, been thinking about changing things up and moving from naut go to perpetual calendar such as 3970 or 3940. Also considering 5070 and 5170. Would like something bit more classic and complicated.
Old 7 June 2020, 02:37 AM   #44
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Liking this thread as well. I’ve always liked dress watches, and recently added a black dial vc 47101 in yellow gold (37 mm) to my 3940g (36mm), 5170p (39mm), and wg slate grey dial Lange 1 (38mm). Wears very comfortably due to its size. I’m not usually a yellow or rose gold guy, but I find it easier to pull off when it’s on a leather strap and is a smaller case.
Old 7 June 2020, 03:22 AM   #45
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101 View Post
Never seen the guy posting anything insulting or malicious, always good humor, don’t know why he got banned? Let’s have a PP forum vote to reinstate his account.

Similar to OP, been thinking about changing things up and moving from naut go to perpetual calendar such as 3970 or 3940. Also considering 5070 and 5170. Would like something bit more classic and complicated.
I would highly suggest you spend a bit of time trying the 5070/5170/5970 which are 39/40mm versus the 3970 and 3940. There is a noticable size difference. I find the 5070/5170/5970 fully cover my wrist with the lugs which is ok but my preference is maybe 1-2mm of space on each side so there is no doubt the lugs do not overhang.
Old 9 June 2020, 10:26 PM   #46
bob101
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would highly suggest you spend a bit of time trying the 5070/5170/5970 which are 39/40mm versus the 3970 and 3940. There is a noticable size difference. I find the 5070/5170/5970 fully cover my wrist with the lugs which is ok but my preference is maybe 1-2mm of space on each side so there is no doubt the lugs do not overhang.
Yep thanks for the advice, agree. Will hang on till I get the chance to try on and see what’s best
Closed Thread