The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 11 May 2020, 10:15 AM   #1
HeadCoach
"TRF" Member

Chrono24 Legit or Not?

I want to buy my next Rolex from an AD, but the closest one is 3 hours away. How legit is buying a “new” watch from Chrono24? Are the dealers legit? Any pros and cons?

If I do buy it new, will my name still be put on the Rolex Card??

Thoughts??
HeadCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:23 AM   #2
EconTigerOrange
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 MKI
Depends on the seller. It can be useful as a tool to help you find a reputable seller that has the watch you are looking for. I personally wouldn’t buy from an individual on there or from a dealer that I can’t find positive background on through additional searches. I just am not skilled enough to know if it’s genuine or a high quality “replica”. If you find one from a good seller they may have it for sale direct on their own web-site.

More likely than not, it’ll have someone else’s name in the card. Otherwise, the seller would mark it as “open” name warranty card.
EconTigerOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:28 AM   #3
sp006
"TRF" Member

I’d say there are a bunch of reputable dealers on Chrono24. Just make sure to verify first by clicking on the link and checking out the dealer website, reviews, etc. I’d suggest reaching out to them directly instead of through Chrono website. You might be able to negotiate a better deal that way if the sale doesn’t originate from Chrono.

Also, your name will not be on the warranty card when buying from Chrono24...regardless of fact that it’s a brand new watch. Most dealers on the site are secondary dealers and will have acquired their inventory from an AD or another reseller (flipper?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:29 AM   #4
The M3 Guy
"TRF" Member

Hi, my advise would be do what ever you have to and buy new from the dealer 3 hrs away from you.

After having a bad experience years ago I would never even contemplate buying expensive item over the internet unless it was a bricks and mortar store.
The M3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:31 AM   #5
jgan
2024 Pledge Member

Chrono24 is legit. I would also agree it depends on the seller and would stick to the verified dealers. As always if price seems to good to be true it probably is.
jgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:33 AM   #6
HeadCoach
"TRF" Member

The main attraction is it seems like the inventory is very accessible. Yes I would be paying a premium for the watch, but something like a Sub or Batman is easily accessible where going thru an AD could take months to years.

Old 11 May 2020, 10:34 AM   #7
Pronto0322
"TRF" Member

I’ve bought an omega through them. Sale went through like a breeze and watch was perfect. I filter only sellers within the US then I research them.

Pronto0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:36 AM   #8
kumar75203
Banned

For most of the listings, Chrono24 holds your money in escrow until you confirm you've received the watch. I bought a SD43 off there couple years ago without any problems.

I have inquired about a handful of other watches over the years and either got ignored or seller said watch wasn't available. Make sure you do a search for "ready to ship immediately." I think at least half the listings are dealers promising to source the watch once you pay for it.
kumar75203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:38 AM   #9
HeadCoach
"TRF" Member

I guess the attraction is that I can buy any watch I am looking for instead of waiting months thru a AD...I’m looking for a Sub Date or a Batman
Old 11 May 2020, 10:40 AM   #10
Rocco21
Banned

Watch: 126660,126600
I’ve bought prob 10 watches of there.plenty of great sellers.look at their feedback,amount of verified sales and then contact them.
Rocco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 10:48 AM   #11
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
I got my DJ41 from Chrono24 but did my research on the buyer. The seller owns a jewelry store and had great reviews. Also, was located in the US and replied to my emails quickly. I got the DJ41 NIB full set and they got paid when I received and okayed the transaction. Got the watch two days later and it was a smooth deal. Also, I found out he was a member on the forum which help decide to deal with him. Just do your research and you should be fine. Chrono24 does help with any problems and reply to any inquiries.
JoseR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 11:02 AM   #12
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Why not a trusted seller here on TRF. Plenty of references and great service.
Rolex 116710 BLNR
And a few others...
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 11:07 AM   #13
MercedesHand
"TRF" Member

Research, research, research.

Read the reviews of the seller, how long have they had Chrono24 presence. How many watch sold over how long.

I've bought a few watches from sellers there and 98% of the transactions were smooth sailing.

Four things I always do, make sure they either A) Have a real brick & mortar store or B) Have actual person I can talk to. C) Have them tell me they have actual watch with it's particular ID # on Chrono24 ad in THEIR HANDS. D) Always verify shipping and insurance protocols. Lots of 0's at stake. If you're truly paranoid you can have your local Jeweler, AD, or watch source crack the case back. Lot of excellent fakes out there.

Much will be told if they are half hearted about doing this leg work. Or recalcitrant.

One of the con jobs that is frequently employed on hot watches...

1) You see the watch you want. Order/Pay electronically. Funds flow into escrow. Everything is wonderful.

2) You get email/pm from Vendor "Soooo sorry, that hot item is no longer in stock/was sold just moments ago, but miracle of miracles, (even though we had only one Blue Skydweller listed) we suddenly just so happen to have a SECOND one available (for higher price of course) Are you interested?"

3) Punt or buy.

There are many other hustles so do your Due diligence.

Also depending how you pay, let your CC company know and be VERY leery about wire transfers. I think I posted about wire transfers before but even though it seems like this
post is doom and gloom and you shouldnt consider Chrono24, it's not that case at all. Just be cautiously optimistic.

Good luck and try and stay with vendors who care about their reputations.
MercedesHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 11:33 AM   #14
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach View Post
I guess the attraction is that I can buy any watch I am looking for instead of waiting months thru a AD...I’m looking for a Sub Date or a Batman
You could do that lots of places. Why not go with sellers listed at this site who have rock solid reputations...and who don't have to pay the hundreds of dollars in fees to Chrono 24.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 11:47 AM   #15
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Chrono 24 does not sell "new" watches, regardless of what the seller is saying. They are all getting their watches from somewhere else, either secondary market or Gray Market.

If your name is on the card, it's because they wrote it in for you.
Old 11 May 2020, 11:48 AM   #16
HeadCoach
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
You could do that lots of places. Why not go with sellers listed at this site who have rock solid reputations...and who don't have to pay the hundreds of dollars in fees to Chrono 24.
I’m new to this forum...where are the sellers on this site??
Old 11 May 2020, 11:57 AM   #17
MercedesHand
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m new to this forum...where are the sellers on this site??
https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40
MercedesHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 12:12 PM   #18
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
I want to buy my next Rolex from an AD, but the closest one is 3 hours away. How legit is buying a “new” watch from Chrono24? Are the dealers legit? Any pros and cons?

Thoughts??

What’re you looking to buy?

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 12:19 PM   #19
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
That's kind of like asking if the sellers on E-Bay are legit. I'm sure more are good than aren't, but you have to do your own due diligence, no different than buying on TRF. Personally, I like buying here because I feel like I "know" some of the more common users, whether I'm reading reviews or buying from them. Granted, it's still total strangers, but one can kind of get a feel for someone's legitimacy over time.

It's possible to get your name on the card, but it's certainly harder to find and often you're gonna pay a premium for it. In reality, what does it matter whose name is on it, you'll never look at it again.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 12:21 PM   #20
HeadCoach
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
What’re you looking to buy?

Looking to buy a Sub Date 116610LN or a Batman 126710BLNR
Old 11 May 2020, 12:40 PM   #21
mosanman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco21 View Post
I’ve bought prob 10 watches of there.plenty of great sellers.look at their feedback,amount of verified sales and then contact them.
My first time using Chrono24 as I'm looking for a 97200 bracelet.
Is the verified sales the number under the shield with a green tick? The seller I'm looking at has 1378, but I can't seem to find what this number signifies.
mosanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 12:45 PM   #22
ZOOK
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

You should be able to source either one of those watches from one of the trusted sellers here on TRF. Maybe even with your name on the warranty card.

Contact David at davidsw.com or Chase at nashvillewatch.com or Thanh at takuyawatches.com or Aamir at AISwatches.com. All of these guys have rock solid reputations here. If they have the watch, they would ship to you overnight.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 01:27 PM   #23
kumar75203
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosanman View Post
My first time using Chrono24 as I'm looking for a 97200 bracelet.
Is the verified sales the number under the shield with a green tick? The seller I'm looking at has 1378, but I can't seem to find what this number signifies.
# of Watches sold with Buyer Protection/Escrow feature
kumar75203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2020, 02:03 PM   #24
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
C24 is a safe place to purchase because they hold money until buyer is satisfied. What someone has for sale , the completeness of the set condition, etc, is as described by the seller. As a few others have mentioned, research the seller and view plenty of photos of the watch before buying. There are no Rolex AD's allowed to sell online, so you can not purchase a new Rolex on C24 from an AD. The subject of your name on card, well that is possible, but the watch is probably in warranty to someone else even though the card is blank. Trusted sellers on this site have good reputations and my experience with them, and from what I have read, is authentic real Rolex in as described condition. I have worked with Takuya watches several times and he sells as described. Many other Trusted sellers in the forum shop, check them out. But, unless you buy from an AD, can be hard to get the card in your name.
Old 11 May 2020, 03:14 PM   #25
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Bought about 40x from chrono24. Remember it’s a platform. So still research on each seller. Buy the seller. So far satisfied with all my purchases (from Europe, US, Australia and Asia) save for one (a private seller from turkey).
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 01:55 PM   #26
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:

These are so common. Unrare. Just buy from one of the great sellers here and safe yourself the headache and possible loss.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 01:56 PM   #27
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

There are some great trusted sellers on this forum. This is the way to go.

GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 08:56 AM   #28
Nimolous
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thoughts??
Go with the right seller pm if you want i can tell you which are reputable
Nimolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 01:03 AM   #29
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Only 100% safe way is to buy from an AD. Its worth the wait
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 01:51 AM   #30
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar75203 View Post
For most of the listings, Chrono24 holds your money in escrow until you confirm you've received the watch. I bought a SD43 off there couple years ago without any problems.

I have inquired about a handful of other watches over the years and either got ignored or seller said watch wasn't available. Make sure you do a search for "ready to ship immediately." I think at least half the listings are dealers promising to source the watch once you pay for it.
I tried Chrono for another Rolex, Deep sea sea dweller. Both sellers I contacted never bothered to respond. I will not chase somebody to hand them my money. I feel that if you chase them for a response, what happens if you need something after the sale?
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote