The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 30 August 2019, 06:37 AM   #1
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
VC 4500V Blue versus 5711

I couldn't help it. I have like 6 blue dials but I tried it on at the boutique and they wanted to sell at MSRP so I said bye bye. I then went in to my AD and the sales associate offered to order one for me at a price I could flip it for (not planning to but its good to have the option) so I said yes. Seems these trade around MSRP and I got a decent discount on it.

Now I have it incoming in the next few months. My previous experience with the larger 47040s wasn't great (felt big and clunky) - this one I might wear on da rubber.

Anyone have a VC and can compare it to their royal oak or nautilus? I might wear it on da blue rubber.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 06:42 AM   #2
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
U can’t sit still can u
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 06:57 AM   #3
pam66
"TRF" Member

just flip it. you will get bored fast. the bracelet is nice but the watch is meeeehhh.
btw, the VC overseas PC WG is nice, beats the 5740 for me.
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 06:58 AM   #4
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
U can’t sit still can u
says the hyperactive ninja
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 07:07 AM   #5
GeraldGentaFan
"TRF" Member

I don’t own the 4500v, but tried it on a few times. A lot sportier and bulky than the 5711 or 15202. More like the 15500.

The 2000v is much more like 5711/15202.
GeraldGentaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 07:37 AM   #6
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I couldn't help it. I have like 6 blue dials but I tried it on at the boutique and they wanted to sell at MSRP so I said bye bye. I then went in to my AD and the sales associate offered to order one for me at a price I could flip it for (not planning to but its good to have the option) so I said yes. Seems these trade around MSRP and I got a decent discount on it.

Now I have it incoming in the next few months. My previous experience with the larger 47040s wasn't great (felt big and clunky) - this one I might wear on da rubber.

Anyone have a VC and can compare it to their royal oak or nautilus? I might wear it on da blue rubber.
No knowledge of the VC market, but why would an AD sell a piece at discount that trades on the used market at MSRP?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 07:51 AM   #7
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I have a 5711 (white) and I just ordered a VC 4500V blue dial. I liked the uniqueness of the bezel and the bracelet. The true blue of the dial. The technology of the micro adjustment and bracelet/strap quick change mechanism is really nice as well.
Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSYN...c#action=share
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 08:02 AM   #8
wulin
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP,AP,Rolex,IWC
The new VC overseas PC rose gold is very nice, especially with full rose gold bracelet.
wulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 11:45 AM   #9
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
I have a 5711 (white) and I just ordered a VC 4500V blue dial. I liked the uniqueness of the bezel and the bracelet. The true blue of the dial. The technology of the micro adjustment and bracelet/strap quick change mechanism is really nice as well.
Check this out:

Good for VC , the watch is as nice as a Nautilus or a Royal Oak. And they go above and beyond with top of the line bracelet that also has an easy and quick removal system with extra straps. The butterfly clasp is very sturdy too with micro adjustments. Is unfortunate that VC doesn’t have the branding like patek , their market is not that great (and that’s being nice) . Patek should be paying attention because if they don’t keep up with the basic improvements eventually it might catch up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 01:01 PM   #10
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5164A
VC Overseas is very understated now and I believe it will bridge the gap with Nautilus in no time. My concern with Patek is complacency. The acute short supply may lead to customers turning to alternatives like VC Overseas. Afterall, a brand like VC is no pushover given their Holy Trinity status
Toffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 11:07 PM   #11
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
VC Overseas is very understated now and I believe it will bridge the gap with Nautilus in no time. My concern with Patek is complacency. The acute short supply may lead to customers turning to alternatives like VC Overseas. Afterall, a brand like VC is no pushover given their Holy Trinity status
Complacency, they hack
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 01:31 AM   #12
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
I wouldn't say understated, the VCO is pretty striking with its MC motifs, but the bracelet clasp and easy strap change is nice as is the deep blue shade which I prefer to the Genta SS steel blues.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 01:32 AM   #13
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post
Check this out:

Yep I am really looking forward to the strap changing. The blue is also very nice.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 01:35 AM   #14
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Yep I am really looking forward to the strap changing. The blue is also very nice.
Must be nice, I was just changing a strap with spring bars and it's always a bit of a hassle. Same with micro adjusting my Daytona with the spring bars in the clasp, when on the new Omega Seamaster you just have to push down on it and adjust it, even easier than the glidelock. The "lesser" firms are making these little improvements here and there.
Old 31 August 2019, 03:00 AM   #15
somebodyy
Banned

I think the 2000V (Ultra-thin) is a much better competitor against the 5711. Its white gold, 40mm and slimmer than both 5711 and 15202. It's bracelet has the same micro-adjustment like the 4500. Problem is that it's boutique only, discontinued and if you find one in the secondary market it's above retail.
somebodyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 05:32 PM   #16
helloworldies
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Vacheron
When I had a 4500v blue I felt the dial was too plain although a lovely colour.

The wide expanse of dial needs something more to break up the monotony, IMHO.

Also I didn't feel the bracelet and movement finishing was quite at Royal Oak or Nautilus level.

Still a fine watch at the right price, it's just being compared to very exalted company!

Excellent water resistance and reasonable lume if these things matter to you.

Also the bezel doesn't show scratches so easily as the others.

The rubber reduced it's bulk too and I liked that look.
helloworldies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 06:01 PM   #17
somebodyy
Banned

If anything, the Nautilus bracelet is the worst of those three. Sometimes the brand name deceives the feeling.
Old 31 August 2019, 06:57 PM   #18
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
says the hyperactive ninja

I hear he doesn't have to do anything fast,
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 07:33 PM   #19
BobDyl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyy View Post
If anything, the Nautilus bracelet is the worst of those three. Sometimes the brand name deceives the feeling.

Much as I love the 5711/12, lack of bracelet microadjustment is frustrating. A perfect fit is IMHO impossible.
BobDyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 08:30 PM   #20
DennTs
"TRF" Member

Watch: flik flak
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdyl View Post
much as i love the 5711/12, lack of bracelet microadjustment is frustrating. A perfect fit is imho impossible.
+1
DennTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 08:47 PM   #21
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennTs View Post
+1
It will come soon, the new ladies Nautilus pieces have great micro adjustment.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 08:49 PM   #22
Aquaman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
It will come soon, the new ladies Nautilus pieces have great micro adjustment.

2.5mm each side I hear
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 09:07 PM   #23
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think the 2000V (Ultra-thin) is a much better competitor against the 5711. Its white gold, 40mm and slimmer than both 5711 and 15202. It's bracelet has the same micro-adjustment like the 4500. Problem is that it's boutique only, discontinued and if you find one in the secondary market it's above retail.
Don't think it is discoed, still on the website and at £50K I doubt they have sold many price is crazy, Jomashop have one for under £40K.
Old 31 August 2019, 09:25 PM   #24
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Don't think it is discoed, still on the website and at £50K I doubt they have sold many price is crazy, Jomashop have one for under £40K.
It is discontinued. The price was high, but it is for a full WG watch. How muh does the 5711r retail for? $53,300. So pretty much the same. As for Joma, they do not have it in stock:
https://www.jomashop.com/vacheron-co...120g-b122.html
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 09:26 PM   #25
somebodyy
Banned

It is discontinued for sure. There are plenty more discontinued models on the website. Actually surprised to see them under retail. It was a long time ago since I looked but still only very few in secondary market.

It's the best model of the 3rd gen IMO but stupid decision putting it in white gold.
Old 31 August 2019, 09:30 PM   #26
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
It is discontinued for sure. There are plenty more discontinued models on the website. Actually surprised to see them under retail. It was a long time ago since I looked but still only very few in secondary market.

It's the best model of the 3rd gen IMO but stupid decision putting it in white gold.
They are not under retail. Watchbox had one a few months back. Never made the website and it was sold over the MSRP.
Old 31 August 2019, 09:33 PM   #27
somebodyy
Banned

As I said the last time I checked before today, they were selling above retail if you had the chance to find one on the secondary market. I saw the review on WatchBox. Anyway I don't really care about the market value.
Old 31 August 2019, 09:40 PM   #28
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like VC and have always preferred it to PP. Thought I have never owned either.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 09:41 PM   #29
TJMike
Banned

Quote:

As far as I am aware, both the QDL and Harmony lines have been discontinued. Overseas brown dials, the Historiques American 1921 40mm, Historiques Ultra-Fine 1955, and the Historiques Chromometre Royal 1907 have also been discontinued.

Anyway, waiting until SIHH to see what VC release before buying my next watch. The current front-runner is the Overseas 41mm silver dial.
Old 31 August 2019, 10:03 PM   #30
chmhill
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Just noticed that TRF doesn't have a discussion group for VC, which is one of the holy trinity..
chmhill is offline   Reply With Quote