The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 March 2024, 07:27 AM   #1
kornelius97
"TRF" Member

Buying 15300st in 2024 - My first AP. Any inputs?

Have the possibility to get my self a black dial newly serviced at AP AD with brand new bezel and bracelet + normal service. IT comes with box, manuals, receipt from the service and 1year guarantee. no papers.

33k USD.

Considering the current market. Should I wait, will these keep dropping like bricks or is this the new normal?

I am buying for personal use, and don´t think I ever will sell. So price kinda does not matter, but still nobody wants to "waste" money.

Thougths? Would appriciate any inputs.
kornelius97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 09:27 AM   #2
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
It seems like a good reasonable price for newly serviced at AP with brand new bezel and bracelet. If you love the watch and plan to keep it, I would go for it now.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
, Seiko: SRPA21,
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 10:13 AM   #3
agsstructures
2024 Pledge Member

Should be high $20’s for a black dial with no papers. Full set G serial blue dial (actual blue not dial swapped) was recently asking $33k serviced by AP. It sold quick but it’s blue.
agsstructures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 01:32 AM   #4
SN2354
"TRF" Member

Is the old bracelet included? If yes, I say that is a good move! However knowing what I know after years of buying/selling Rolex watches, it will be very hard to move sans papers. If you feel it will be a keeper, then go for it as these watches are very under-appreciated and once people realize how great the 39mm size is (and not a jumbo) they may be harder to get at these prices.
SN2354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2024, 02:06 AM   #5
kornelius97
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN2354 View Post
Is the old bracelet included? If yes, I say that is a good move! However knowing what I know after years of buying/selling Rolex watches, it will be very hard to move sans papers. If you feel it will be a keeper, then go for it as these watches are very under-appreciated and once people realize how great the 39mm size is (and not a jumbo) they may be harder to get at these prices.
Yes, the old is included. It´s the one with the Logos on it :)
If I do paper extract for 500 eur/usd(?), will it be easier?

Yeah, all in all a keeper. But of course, you never know what life has to offer, so knowing that I can move it without losing 30%+ would be nice haha. But nobody can predict the markets of course.
Old 19 March 2024, 04:22 AM   #6
kornelius97
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, old one is included. The one with AP logos on it.
The price also dropped to 32k now.

I do plan on keeping and not selling. But you hey, if the arrows are red and there will be better times I have no rush and would gladly wait to be in a better position. Not buying to make money, but rather minimize loss.
Old 19 March 2024, 11:28 AM   #7
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Take your time, wait for the right one at the right price. But 15300st is one of the best!
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 04:07 AM   #8
SN2354
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornelius97 View Post
Yeah, old one is included. The one with AP logos on it.
The price also dropped to 32k now.

I do plan on keeping and not selling. But you hey, if the arrows are red and there will be better times I have no rush and would gladly wait to be in a better position. Not buying to make money, but rather minimize loss.
I would push it down further if you could, and you can also make some money by selling the old bracelet for a nice chunk of change.

And the archive papers cost something like $540 usd. They just ask you to send photos of the watch, and send a PDF with the archive within a couple of weeks
Old 20 March 2024, 04:07 AM   #9
SN2354
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
Take your time, wait for the right one at the right price. But 15300st is one of the best!
Issue is they are harder and harder to come by.
Old 20 March 2024, 06:04 AM   #10
kornelius97
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would push it down further if you could, and you can also make some money by selling the old bracelet for a nice chunk of change.

And the archive papers cost something like $540 usd. They just ask you to send photos of the watch, and send a PDF with the archive within a couple of weeks
Actually it actually had papers haha. The original warranty card. I just thought there was more to it than this to call it "with papers".

So it seems like a full set. 31k now and have to decide tonight haha. I do feel they might be possible to grab a bit lower later this year.
Old 20 March 2024, 09:41 PM   #11
Caramba
"TRF" Member

The 15300st is an awesome watch, but don’t rush into something. As someone who’s once sold a 15300st, they’re not that easy to shift especially if they are not blue dials.

Personally I think the prices will stabilise around the current levels, but who knows. Much seems to depend on the Chinese economy that’s been driving demand for high end watches.

The fact that the seller keeps giving you short deadlines while reducing the price is suggesting that he’s desperate if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caramba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2024, 10:09 PM   #12
kornelius97
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
The 15300st is an awesome watch, but don’t rush into something. As someone who’s once sold a 15300st, they’re not that easy to shift especially if they are not blue dials.

Personally I think the prices will stabilise around the current levels, but who knows. Much seems to depend on the Chinese economy that’s been driving demand for high end watches.

The fact that the seller keeps giving you short deadlines while reducing the price is suggesting that he’s desperate if nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
appreciate your inputs, thank you!
I think I will hold on to my 126334 for now and upgrade to 15300st at a later time all things considered, I think there will be a better timing either financially (in terms of market price) and/or personally.

It´s my grail, but I kind of jumped the decision now because I considered it a good deal. But personally I am yet to reach the goals I set for myself to "allow" myself this purchase.

again, thank you - and the others for taking the time to weigh in on this.
Old 21 March 2024, 01:17 AM   #13
SN2354
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornelius97 View Post
Actually it actually had papers haha. The original warranty card. I just thought there was more to it than this to call it "with papers".

So it seems like a full set. 31k now and have to decide tonight haha. I do feel they might be possible to grab a bit lower later this year.
I think the warranty "card" came after the 15300, the 15300 actually comes with a massive booklet that can't be missed

I see the seller keeps dropping price, that is good for your negotiation, but depends where his bottom is. Again, you are really gaining because you can sell the bracelet for a very decent chunk of change which lowers the price even more.