The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 20 February 2023, 06:52 AM   #1
Danf1973
"TRF" Member

Just wondering

I am going through a Heart Transplant and have mentioned in one of my previous post, that i have gotten back into watches. My goal is to pursue holologist schooling and so on. All of this will be down the road, hopefully. Meanwhile, I've been taking apart some of the watches around the house, lol. I guess what I'm asking for, if it's okay by the rules, would be asking for some help.
What I'm looking for would any mens or women's watch that would have the type of mechanics found in such a watch like a older Omega. I can pay a little if need be. One other thought would be that once repaired, I could send it back to the original owner for nothing.
Back history, I've built classic muscles cars down to the freeze plugs in a block :) So, if anyone should happen to have anything that needs repaired, please let me know.
Thanks,
Dan
Danf1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2023, 10:01 AM   #2
thetinkercompanies
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,Hublot,Panerai
hey, Dan - first of all wishing you a healthy recovery. I love to hear that you've found a passion for watches during this time. here's some quick thoughts to answer your question

The mechanics found in an older Omega watch can vary depending on the specific model and year it was made. However, many Omega watches from the mid-20th century and earlier were mechanical watches with manually wound movements.

The movements in these watches consist of a complex series of gears, springs, and other components that work together to power the watch. The energy to run the watch is stored in a mainspring, which is wound by turning the crown of the watch. As the mainspring unwinds, it releases energy that powers the movement of the watch's hands.

In addition to manually wound movements, some older Omega watches may have had automatic (self-winding) movements. These use a rotor that spins in response to the motion of the wearer's wrist, which winds the mainspring and powers the watch.

Omega is also known for its chronograph watches, which incorporate additional complications for timing and measuring events. These watches use a separate mechanism to start, stop, and reset the chronograph function, which typically includes a series of pushers on the side of the case.

Overall, the mechanics found in older Omega watches are a testament to the precision and craftsmanship that has made the brand a classic in the world of horology.
thetinkercompanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2023, 07:33 AM   #3
Danf1973
"TRF" Member

Wow, thank you kind Sir.
Danf1973 is offline   Reply With Quote