The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2018, 12:53 AM   #31
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
I've been playing drums for 40 years and using things that go "bang" for probably 30. My Dad was an instructor so it was part of growing up for me.

The drums did it for me. Specifically the snare drum I was using. A brass shell Rogers Power Tone model. (I got rid of the last one a few years ago but still have plenty of other snares!)

I don't know of any specific "cure", but I can suggest wearing ear plugs while you sleep to give your ears solid rest of their own. It's odd at first but you get used to it. (If you use an alarm, you might need a louder one, or just use a timer on the lights)

Also, mundane tasks, such as mowing the lawn, or when you are exposed to low-volume extended exposure, should also have you wearing ear protection. If you drive with your windows down, keep the driver's window up (or wear ear protection as I do when I (used to) drive my Land-Rover extended distances). My hearing was quite bad for my age when I was younger, but since taking precautions such as hearing protection more often than most would, I am about "normal" hearing loss for my age now. I just lost a lot up front...

I also have occaaions where I get a sudden increase in the volume of the ringing. This can be caused by the build up of ear wax. I went to the doctor once for what I thought was an ear infection and a very large piece of wax was removed... Get one of those ear cleaning kits from the drug store and use it regularly. That helps (and avoids gross potatoes from coming out of your ears!)

If you find something that works, let me know. "I'm all ears." (ha!)
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 05:42 PM   #32
shashank16997
"TRF" Member

Hi i am not a doctor but i can suggest you few home remedies for tinnitus. Use mustard oil as it contains an antifungal and antibacterial which will helps in treating an ear infection. Mustard oil also helps in increasing your blood circulation and even develop your immune system.
shashank16997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 11:27 PM   #33
Caduceus
"TRF" Member

Watch: A collection
Well, I am a 49 yo physician (anesthesia) and also suffer from annoying tinnitus. As a teen I participated in competition trap/skeet events and stupidly didn't wear ear plugs most of the time.

A few years ago the ringing in my years came on pretty quickly. Being in the business I sought ENT evaluation to rule out uncommon causes of the condition. Here is a weblink to a reputable source:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350156

There are uncommon causes of the condition that should be ruled out by investigation. I have two friends with the condition that turned out to be from a benign tumor that can develop known as an Acoustic Neuroma. Here's a weblink to a reputable source:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...roma_85,P00438

It's likely to be benign and just one of the delights of getting older. Without any intervention I have become so used to it that I only started hearing it when I read your post. Try some of the home remedies listed in the Mayo information. If unsuccessful have a discussion with your primary care physician about pharmacologic possibilities.

Good luck and PM me if you have any other questions.
Seamaster PO 42mm (Orange)
Caduceus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 08:42 AM   #34
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I'm a doctor WITH tinnitus. 24/7. With a few exceptions, tinnitus is a lifetime problem and learning to tune it out is the secret to living with it.
Doctor here..........and I agree with the above.