The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2018, 03:37 PM   #1
ProdigalGil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ II 116334
Belated findings with Barrington WatchWinder...a Benson Copy

Recently looking to upgrade my dual to a quad watch winder as the number of watches grow in my collection.

2yrs back, I did some research and invested in a Barrington Dual watch winder. Pricing was consider mid range and about €400 Euros. I got 10% Christmas discount.

Love the product, silent Japanese motor and very happy with the product. Even had a litter draws to store cuffs, watch straps, spare watch..etc.

My Barrington

Upon reading an article on watch box, someone recommend Benson, which is actually a watch winder company. I found an old article below:

http://watchwinder.com/articles/barr...-made-in-china

They produced the exact same product call the Smart Tech or rather Barrington copied them, added some carbon fibre skin on the inside and made them in China.

Smart Tech Ver 1

Benson charge around €300 Euros fro the dual, so the interior carbon fiber skin on the Barrington comes down to costing €100 more, some 30% mark up.

Felt slightly annoyed about this, but respect the Barrington business model and utilising the UK brand to reproduce a top product without its own design.

I mean, I also have the Barrington single winder which is surprisingly good and had many good reviews:

Withy the Benson price point, this is certainly going to be my next watch winder...Looking at:
Benson’s later model now Smart Tech 2.0 which is very nice silm down and new touch screen version:

Smart Tech Ver 2

but am temped with their black series limited edition model:

https://youtu.be/7TrSfqx4p8g

What are your experience between the 2 brands?

Are you getting similar price point outside UK for example?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ProdigalGil is offline   Reply With Quote