The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 January 2019, 01:32 AM   #211
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
The thing is the website calls the dial “rose gold” I hope it’s as it appears and not shiny rose gold. Wouldn’t be able to get one anyways with such short production.

I did not know that AP call the new dial as rose gold.

I think the 20th anniversary jubilee salmon dial is a true salmon Color then :). Make me appreciate mine more...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14 January 2019, 02:55 AM   #212
Tschyvon
"TRF" Member

Watch: RO41, BLNR, LV,...
Thanks guys for your feedback. It makes sense. If I want to switch at some point won’t lose that much money since bought at MRSP.
I’ll stop by the boutique tomorrow and grab it then.
Tschyvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 03:11 AM   #213
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Just spoke with someone at the Bal Harbour boutique. I inquired about the best way to procure a 15500 blue dial. He implied that the 15400 blue dial is discontinued, and that the pre-existing list of people waiting for one will get first crack at the 15500's once available. List is already "2 years" long, so they aren't even bothering with names or deposits. I'm a brand new customer though, so I'm assuming those with a relationship will get a different treatment. Looks like it will be grey market upcharge route for folks like me....
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:15 AM   #214
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Just spoke with someone at the Bal Harbour boutique. I inquired about the best way to procure a 15500 blue dial. He implied that the 15400 blue dial is discontinued, and that the pre-existing list of people waiting for one will get first crack at the 15500's once available. List is already "2 years" long, so they aren't even bothering with names or deposits. I'm a brand new customer though, so I'm assuming those with a relationship will get a different treatment. Looks like it will be grey market upcharge route for folks like me....
Nah, you could get one if you want. They just want everyone to believe every single piece is exclusive and hard to get. GO there ready to buy and see how a watch will magically pop up from the back for you.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:20 AM   #215
Phaedrus29
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
Nah, you could get one if you want. They just want everyone to believe every single piece is exclusive and hard to get. GO there ready to buy and see how a watch will magically pop up from the back for you.
Pretty sure the NYC boutique would laugh in your face if you showed up with a wad of cash asking to buy a 15400/15500 blue dial on the spot.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:23 AM   #216
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Not for the blue dial, and now not for the white either with it being limited to the 400, black has your best chance but still unlikely.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:23 AM   #217
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus29 View Post
Pretty sure the NYC boutique would laugh in your face if you showed up with a wad of cash asking to buy a 15400/15500 blue dial on the spot.
Depends who you are. Average Joe they will just tell you there is a waitlist with pre-existing clients on it. I don’t think they’d laugh they are professional for the most part.
Old 14 January 2019, 06:24 AM   #218
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they wont laugh in your face if your a serious buyer, but if you start pulling $17800 in crumpled sweaty bills from all your pockets everyone will have a good laugh
Old 14 January 2019, 06:26 AM   #219
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Not for the blue dial, and now not for the white either with it being limited to the 400, black has your best chance but still unlikely.
Just noticed he mentioned blue dial, although a blue did appear for me from the back in LV and I passed about 2 years ago. Is white really limited to 400?
Old 14 January 2019, 06:33 AM   #220
Phaedrus29
"TRF" Member

Market has been crazier recently than in the past. Yes they won't really obnoxiously laugh at you but a little chuckle and "no sir we don't have those!" is very likely. I called and emailed to go on a waitlist a few months back and was quickly told no. My follow up emails with a couple more questions and an inquiry about another model were "politely" ignored.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:46 AM   #221
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Just noticed he mentioned blue dial, although a blue did appear for me from the back in LV and I passed about 2 years ago. Is white really limited to 400?
I meant to the 15400 so probably discoed now, hence everyone will get real tight about this.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:51 AM   #222
Chaokhun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
According to my experience, 15202 is almost impossible if you don't have great relationship with boutique. 15400 blue is difficult but possible if you have good negotiation skill and willing to wait for 6 months - years. "White being limited to 400" mean 15400 white is (or might be discontinue), not mean 400 pieces only. I'm glad I chose white/silver last year.
Chaokhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:56 AM   #223
duc888
"TRF" Member

The white 15400 would only be obtainable if the 400 and 500 go hand in hand. Would this be realistic?
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 06:59 AM   #224
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaokhun View Post
According to my experience, 15202 is almost impossible if you don't have great relationship with boutique. 15400 blue is difficult but possible if you have good negotiation skill and willing to wait for 6 months - years. "White being limited to 400" mean 15400 white is (or might be discontinue), not mean 400 pieces only. I'm glad I chose white/silver last year.
What about the 15450? Why don't people go for this watch, too small (even though the proportions are better than the 15400/15500)?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 07:01 AM   #225
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What about the 15450? Why don't people go for this watch, too small (even though the proportions are better than the 15400/15500)?
The bracelet is more tapered and it changes the proportions a bit. Still great but it’s a factor for some.
Old 14 January 2019, 07:10 AM   #226
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

The guy I spoke with was very polite, but you could tell the guy was a bit uncomfortable answering over the phone even though he must've gotten this kind of question a million times in the past year or so.

I'm okay with the boutique model, I suppose, but it is difficult for customers like me who don't have ready access in person. Really wish Chicago had one. My best bet is probably walking into a boutique on my travels, chatting it up, and hope for the magic piece from the back to appear when I say I'm ready to buy on the spot. I actually had that opportunity with a 15400 blue dial a couple years ago, kicking myself for not taking advantage, even though for now, on a screen, I like the 15500 better.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 07:16 AM   #227
Chaokhun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Have seen a lot of members from this board with 450 and it is nice. For me it is too small (but 400 is also a bit too big as well ) Still eager to know what will AP do with 37mm. Will they continue making 450 or will they add 550 later.
Old 14 January 2019, 07:53 AM   #228
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
My best bet is probably walking into a boutique on my travels, chatting it up, and hope for the magic piece from the back to appear when I say I'm ready to buy on the spot.
That is a very correct assumption. You won't get one calling up random stores or asking for wait lists. Also doesn't Chicago have an AD or two? You can try that route, AP still does have a few ADs out there.
Old 14 January 2019, 10:03 AM   #229
ygoloroh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have seen a lot of members from this board with 450 and it is nice. For me it is too small (but 400 is also a bit too big as well ) Still eager to know what will AP do with 37mm. Will they continue making 450 or will they add 550 later.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the new movement is too large for a 37mm given that the date is already flush against the bezel on the 500.
ygoloroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 12:00 PM   #230
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is a very correct assumption. You won't get one calling up random stores or asking for wait lists. Also doesn't Chicago have an AD or two? You can try that route, AP still does have a few ADs out there.
I believe 2, one downtown and another in highland park
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 01:16 PM   #231
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Not if you are Benjamin clymer or john Mayer. Those guys get every watch 6 months pre release and are sworn to secrecy.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 01:55 PM   #232
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineral View Post
I did not know that AP call the new dial as rose gold.

I think the 20th anniversary jubilee salmon dial is a true salmon Color then :). Make me appreciate mine more...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s a nice 14802ST.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 04:54 AM   #233
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

I called the sales person I have been chatting with off and on the past few months.

I have been on a 15400 blue list for the past 6 months. I called this morning just to hear for myself what happens now with the 15500. Not saying this is the cold hard facts, I was told the 15400 line has been "officially discontinued" and names have been automatically transferred over for the 15500 wait list. Still couldn't get any kind of estimate for the blue dial (which I understand) and was told my second choice (Ruthenium grey) was going to be far more feasible as something I could get shortly after the release.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 06:37 AM   #234
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
based on trends, new models always come out later with more dial colours! I predict the white/silver dial will come out later or in the next SIHH.

White dial was my least favourite anyway and i don't intend on selling my watches for profits, so market value is arbitrary.
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 07:44 AM   #235
Chaokhun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhawli View Post
based on trends, new models always come out later with more dial colours! I predict the white/silver dial will come out later or in the next SIHH.

White dial was my least favourite anyway and i don't intend on selling my watches for profits, so market value is arbitrary.
Totally agree with later release for white dial. For me AP make the most beautiful white dial than any other brands in price range that I can pay. So there is no point that AP will stop white dial permanently. Black dial is also beautiful and I was hesitated but my wife said white/silver was shiny like her jewellery while black was black like most other watches. That left me no option.
Old 15 January 2019, 01:11 PM   #236
lhawli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Totally agree with later release for white dial. For me AP make the most beautiful white dial than any other brands in price range that I can pay. So there is no point that AP will stop white dial permanently. Black dial is also beautiful and I was hesitated but my wife said white/silver was shiny like her jewellery while black was black like most other watches. That left me no option.

Agree but careful with white dial makes the watch (already wears big) wear even bigger. But if that’s not an issue for you then by all means the white is great!

I find the black gives the highest contrast dial of all the colors - with exception to the blue coming close behind but at premiums and long waits. Black & white are most versatile IMO

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rolex GMT Master II [116710BLNR]
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona [116500LN]
lhawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 10:31 PM   #237
Flying Doctor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Likewise AP in Geneva where the wait is minimum 2 years (and probably more)....

FD.
Flying Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 12:21 AM   #238
Tschyvon
"TRF" Member

Watch: RO41, BLNR, LV,...
It may be already an old outfashioned piece, but I was super happy collecting the last 15400 at the boutique today. I think my Rolexes will be pushed away from my wristfor the next weeks/month.
A quick wristshot in my way back from the boutique.
Tschyvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:41 AM   #239
benouah
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
benouah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:43 AM   #240
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

^ Looks great! Congratulations. I got mine back in November and really love it.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the 15500 ... I want to check one out in person. The new movement seems like a plus but the dial changes are a downgrade (at least in pictures).