The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 16 July 2017, 06:34 AM   #31
corn18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
It seems like you had a catalog of problems with wrong bracelet being sent out, to wrong pictures of the exact same bracelet on the a fresh listing of Rolex 16800.

I am not sure Marcus is the bad guy here? he is expressing his deal he had with craft & Tailor which is well with in his rights its a watch forum. Just cause other members have had fantastic deals with well known dealers does not mean it was right.

If this same catalog of events happened to a member like me who hardly uses this particular forum. I would have been blasted as a bad guy!!
This is more about newsboy having a hissy fit and not letting Cameron make it right. I have dealt with buyers like this before. First reaction is to spaz and get PayPal to refund their money. PITA.

Just last week I bought a watch off WUS from a trusted seller. It was sold with full links which would be too big for my 7.5" wrist. It showed up missing two links. I should have spazed out and gotten PayPal to refund my money. The seller just sent the 2 links and all was good. Sometimes honest people make honest mistakes. Give 'em a break and let them fix it.
corn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 06:56 AM   #32
newsboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS White Daytona
I haven't spazzed out at all the bracelet is the same as advertised to the all original 16800.
Cam dropped communication whilst still posting watches for sale.
Communication is key in any business.
Once funds are received I'll update
newsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 07:13 AM   #33
Goin2drt
Banned

Sounds to me C&T handled this way above board and even went the extra mile. Always two sides to every story and I hate using a forum to complain when all the facts are not given.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 07:33 AM   #34
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
I haven't spazzed out at all the bracelet is the same as advertised to the all original 16800.
Cam dropped communication whilst still posting watches for sale.
Communication is key in any business.
Once funds are received I'll update

Marcus sincerely with all due respect... We never once dropped communication... you decided to email and send DM's here on TRF as well as post a thread... We not only responded to your emails within a timely fashion but we also responded to you here on TRF with the DM's and now via the thread you created!

Per the original email that we sent to you the issue was being escalated internally within my team and we were not only waiting to receive the bracelet back but also to issue the correct refund via PayPal. You and I were in direct communication and my team was fielding requests as well as posting here while we were waiting to sort out the return which was being handled directly between you and I...

Are you advising that I should put the brakes on everything else that we are doing and put all oof our other good customers in line when there wasn't anything else that we could be doing to possibly expedite and or close out your return any faster???

What we didn't do right was send you the correct bracelet... and again as noted in shown via the attachments in the beginning part of this thread we have been responsive and provided accurate and up to date emails and communications back to you promptly and directly.

Per our previous messages this morning it would be much easer to communicate via one thread but we can still send you responses here... via email... and via DM as well as the PayPal messaging portal you have also used...

Again we are sorry for this mix up... that is 100% our fault even if not intentional we are at fault here which we have taken responsibility for since the start... but the sword we keep falling on is getting very dull here.

I can't make PayPal move any faster than they are going to move because of the return case that you opened up... I have called multiple times.... sat on on hold for probably a total of now over two hours via phone, and I still cannot get them to release tthe funds any faster back into your account via the return case that you opened up...

If you think that we can do anything additional in the meantime to make this go any faster and or smoother please let me know because I am more than willing to make phone calls , send emails, and respond to your messages via four different methods of communication to make this go faster but I'm running out of options here... I think the best thing to do now is just PayPal refund the money wwhich has already been pulled out of our account and shows as pending via PayPal via the numerous attachments we have provided to you both via email, DM and now a thread here at TRF...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craft&Tailored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 11:11 AM   #35
tamiya
"TRF" Member

Jeez, is all this ton of fuzz just about a $900 used steel bracelet?

Haven't had pleasure of dealing with C&T before, but if I ever need to shop in CA I'll definitely be looking them up.
tamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 11:12 AM   #36
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craft&Tailored View Post
Listing is off we had some photo's that got mixed up and i had already clarified this with Admin OldExpatBeast
Sorry, you clarified what with me?
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 11:14 AM   #37
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Sorry, you clarified what with me?
We had mixed up photos on a 16800 and you had sent us a DM asking for us to advise on the error... we sent you back a DM and asked you to clarify on this this is part of that same issue with a bunch of photos that were messed up
Old 16 July 2017, 11:17 AM   #38
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
We had mixed up photos on a 16800 and you had sent us a DM asking for us to advise on the error... we sent you back a DM and asked you to clarify on this this is part of that same issue with a bunch of photos that were messed up
You mean the wrong dial on the 16800 submariner a couple of weeks ago?
Old 16 July 2017, 11:19 AM   #39
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
You mean the wrong dial on the 16800 submariner a couple of weeks ago?

fall out from the same issues with wrong photo links being used here on TRF... I sent you a DM directly to clarify this issue :)

Cam-
Old 16 July 2017, 11:34 AM   #40
MorningTundra
"TRF" Member

Seller payed for your return shipping AND your customs VAT? You didn't have to deal with the HMRC hassle to claim the duty back! Very generous IMO. Be patient and wait politely for your refund...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MorningTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 01:40 PM   #41
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Dang looks like CT covered all their bases and they did everything they could to make it right. But the buyer is super impatient and can't see that.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 08:24 PM   #42
bokbok
"TRF" Member

Quote:
fall out from the same issues with wrong photo links being used here on TRF... I sent you a DM directly to clarify this issue :)

Cam-
Another coinsindence that the issue with the photos you sent to admin a couple of weeks back and confirmed by admin in this thread was a few weeks ago.

But the watch Rolex 16800 with the bracelet in question was posted on here on 13th July ?? But the photo mix up was a few weeks back.

How could you confirm with admin that the 16800 thread had incorrect Bracelet weeks prior the 13th. Makes no sense too me regardless it's only a $900 bracelet as some members stated

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk
bokbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2017, 10:15 PM   #43
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Wow. I have read this thread all the way through and can understand the frustration of the OP but I also appreciate the response of C&T. It is difficult to sell and some of my watch friends always go hot at the first sign of an issue. Sometimes it is justified but other times, not so much. It is within the ability of the OP to post a review of a transaction. But it is also within the ability of the person or company to respond. Based on where this thread is now, I would not hesitate to conduct a transaction with C&T if they had an item that I wanted. I think the OP will get his refund and move on. Sometimes things happen, it is how we respond to them that determines our outlook.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 06:17 AM   #44
JizJizJiz
"TRF" Member

Objectively, seems like Cameron did his best to accommodate.

-Zack Ji
2FA on TRF enabled
JizJizJiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 06:25 AM   #45
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
Another coinsindence that the issue with the photos you sent to admin a couple of weeks back and confirmed by admin in this thread was a few weeks ago.

But the watch Rolex 16800 with the bracelet in question was posted on here on 13th July ?? But the photo mix up was a few weeks back.

How could you confirm with admin that the 16800 thread had incorrect Bracelet weeks prior the 13th. Makes no sense too me regardless it's only a $900 bracelet as some members stated

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk
Regardless of the pics being screwed up they responded right away and are trying to fix the customers issue.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 07:53 AM   #46
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsboy
I chose to use the PM system because you chose to ignore emails . Even though you where clearly listing on TRF
The matter is closed you say you've refunded I shall await your refund as of yet nothing
Marcus,

Providing you with a daily update here. PayPal still shows as pending… I am checking this a couple times per day to see if there is any movement so I can advise as soon as we see any available updates on our end. I will be updating the thread and sending you a DM as well just to make sure we update all of your threads of communication...

Let me know if there is anything you think we can be proactively doing in the meantime or if we can assist you with anything additional in the future.

Please see attached screenshot with the timestamp as well for reference.

Cameron-

Last edited by Old Expat Beast; 17 July 2017 at 05:44 PM..
Old 17 July 2017, 05:19 PM   #47
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

This has confirmed my belief to never use PayPal for anything
Old 17 July 2017, 05:44 PM   #48
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Marcus,

Providing you with a daily update here. PayPal still shows as pending… I am checking this a couple times per day to see if there is any movement so I can advise as soon as we see any available updates on our end. I will be updating the thread and sending you a DM as well just to make sure we update all of your threads of communication...

Let me know if there is anything you think we can be proactively doing in the meantime or if we can assist you with anything additional in the future.

Please see attached screenshot with the timestamp as well for reference.

Cameron-
I removed that screenshot as it contains the OP's full name and email address.
Old 18 July 2017, 03:22 AM   #49
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
This has confirmed my belief to never use PayPal for anything
We absolutely hate using PayPal... Paypal will actually hold funds for months on end without any justifiable reasoning delaying incoming and outgoing payments...

Even when full fees are paid meaning when not suing the gift function PayPal offers, PayPal at "random" will hold funds for a long period of time...

6 months ago we had a customer purchase a ceramic Daytona from us via our site... We paid PayPal and the 3% fees and they still deemed it necessary to hold 85% of our funds even with fees paid, linked and confirmed business bank accounts, state and local tax information applied to the account making it a legal business account... Needless to say, we canceled the PayPal transaction and used a bank transfer to complete the transaction with our customer.

also based on our experience receiving money via PayPal is fast... unfortunately sending it back can sometimes be a hassle... especially when a case is opened such as in this case because even if the return was approved as in this case.. PayPal needs to "review" the transaction...

If you do a quick google search Paypal has many class action lawsuits that have ended in favor of the customer as a result of similar cases of what is called "float"

We as a company will not accept Paypal Transactions over $1000 USD for this exact reason...
Old 18 July 2017, 04:56 AM   #50
b.wayne
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513 Maxi Lollipop
Let me first be to disclose that I have done many deals with Cameron locally and consider him a friend.

I echo a lot of what others have said already, but figured I'd add my 2 cents. It's inevitable for mistakes to be made. It's easy to write a great testimonial when things go right, but what truly matters is how one behaves and steps up when things go wrong. If I didn't know Cam or Marcus, and I just simply read this thread...I know who I would NOT do business with.

This type of sales is a two way street. We are all adults here and I believe the expectation is to behave as such. Whether it's $800 or $80,000, their needs to be professionalism from both parties.

The actions and responses speak for themselves. Cameron needs to spend less time putting product in his hair and properly label his inventory, and Marcus needs to buy only New items directly from a Rolex Authorized Reseller.
b.wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2017, 05:00 AM   #51
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wayne View Post
Let me first be to disclose that I have done many deals with Cameron locally and consider him a friend.

I echo a lot of what others have said already, but figured I'd add my 2 cents. It's inevitable for mistakes to be made. It's easy to write a great testimonial when things go right, but what truly matters is how one behaves and steps up when things go wrong. If I didn't know Cam or Marcus, and I just simply read this thread...I know who I would NOT do business with.

This type of sales is a two way street. We are all adults here and I believe the expectation is to behave as such. Whether it's $800 or $80,000, their needs to be professionalism from both parties.

The actions and responses speak for themselves. Cameron needs to spend less time putting product in his hair and properly label his inventory, and Marcus needs to buy only New items directly from a Rolex Authorized Reseller.

I take the maintenance of my hair very seriously b.wayne... but not as serious as the business we run...
Old 18 July 2017, 07:08 AM   #52
WAS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 6610
Can we bring the public discussion to a close now?

First, I think the public discussion on this was very useful and informative. I also think it has pretty much run its course.

The purpose of this particular forum is to inform potential buyers about whether a seller is reputable and can be trusted. I agree that Newsboy had the right to post what he did, but having the right to do something is a bit different than whether it is useful or productive to do it. From Newsboy's perspective, he bought something from a seller he obviously didn't know, did not get what he paid for, and was not satisfied with the timeliness of the responses he got from the seller.

Whether the C&T responded timely and adequately is somewhat subjective. Personally, I think they did and went over and above what most sellers would do in that situation. Others are free to disagree.

For me, the takeaway is that C&T is not perfect, but stand behind their sales, and when I am a buyer, that is what I care most about.
WAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2017, 03:21 PM   #53
Dan_lie
"TRF" Member

After reading this thread, I would be more than comfortable to do business with C&T.

Mistakes happen and as mentioned, they have gone over and above...
Dan_lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 02:56 AM   #54
Craft&Tailored
"TRF" Member

Posting update here. Return to the customer has been processed and completed per the original time frame listed in the original response per the case that was opened by the OP...

screenshot attached with OP info and transaction ID blurred for privacy...

Old 20 July 2017, 07:27 AM   #55
Olgito
"TRF" Member

Such a nice explanation from c&t. Looks like these guys did their best to make it right as they should.
Olgito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2017, 06:48 PM   #56
Dr_Carl
"TRF" Member

Kudos to Cam @ C&T on his professionalism with this. After reading this thread, I too would purchase from C&T!
Dr_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 07:59 AM   #57
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Based on this story I would not hesitate to buy from C&T, they did al the right things to fix the error. But sending a wrong bracelet combined with mixed up pictures in an advertisement ... requires a hard reset in the shops QC.
Old 10 February 2023, 08:13 AM   #58
Horologerie0415
"TRF" Member

Bad C&T experience as well

I just bought a watch from them as what I hoped, was the start of a long relationship... the watch took 5 or 6 days to even ship, so I was traveling for work when it finally came in.

When I got it, I found it was too small and some of the text on the dial looks to be refinished without disclosure. I reached out to their customer service dept and the person said they had a "3 day inspection period"... and refused to accept the watch. it has only been 2 weeks since I received it and I only returned 2 days ago from my trip.

Am I off base here? Why would they be so unwilling to take a watch back if they felt comfortable listing it?
Horologerie0415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 04:11 AM   #59
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Edit; nevermind
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote