The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 February 2018, 05:28 AM   #1
SweetHannah
"TRF" Member

Icon5 How to become online Rolex seller

Hello,

We are two friends who manage an online shop. Recently we noticed and increase of customers asking us to buy rolex (until now our watches are more cheap brands). Our supplier cant supply us with rolex.

We have been wondering about what of the options should we follow:
1) Contact rolex and make an agreement with them (unlikely according what I have seen in this forum).
2) Visit an official dealer and make an agreement with them. We buy the rolex to them and resell to our customers.

I already know 1) is unlikely so I wonder if option two is something affordable and legal according their ToS. Of course we would sell as they are new and not second hand.

If anybody has any idea we would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
SweetHannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 07:10 AM   #2
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHannah View Post
Hello,

We are two friends who manage an online shop. Recently we noticed and increase of customers asking us to buy rolex (until now our watches are more cheap brands). Our supplier cant supply us with rolex.

We have been wondering about what of the options should we follow:
1) Contact rolex and make an agreement with them (unlikely according what I have seen in this forum).
2) Visit an official dealer and make an agreement with them. We buy the rolex to them and resell to our customers.

I already know 1) is unlikely so I wonder if option two is something affordable and legal according their ToS. Of course we would sell as they are new and not second hand.

If anybody has any idea we would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 17 February 2018, 07:21 AM   #3
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
You’ll need to build a network of either backdoor authorized dealer contacts or buyers who will go in and buy for you. It will be time consuming, cost a great deal of money and you’ll be facing very stiff competition in this space.

Good luck.
Old 17 February 2018, 07:52 AM   #4
77T
2024 Pledge Member

How to become online Rolex seller

If you already deal on watches, you should know where your local watch shows are held.

You could consider developing a beginning position in lower cost preowned Rolexes sourced at the shows. Then sell them for minimal margin to build a reputation selling Rolex.

Start small and low risk. Few will buy Rolexes from sellers online without a reputation for selling that brand over a decent period of time. But a good price and patience will bring you some volume to build a good reputation.

If you become successful at that first stage, you can step up to selling new ones through the connections you will make over the next few years selling older ones.

Just my

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 07:52 AM   #5
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Best advice; forget about it unless you are sitting on a very very large pile of cash
Old 17 February 2018, 08:37 AM   #6
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Good luck
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 08:42 AM   #7
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Best advice; forget about it unless you are sitting on a very very large pile of cash
This
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 08:59 AM   #8
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Are you serious Clark

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 09:04 AM   #9
ferrissteve11
"TRF" Member

As others have said...unless you have considerable start up capital it will be a VERY much uphill battle. Though from one business owner to another...good luck.
ferrissteve11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 09:26 AM   #10
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
If you want to do it go for it. You can't succeed if you never try. I would start looking for good deals on pre-owned watches that you can sell for a markup before selling BNIB watches at a discount. It will take a while to build your reputation just like it will take a while to build relationships with ADs and will also require lots of capital. Keep in mind you have to buy slower moving PM watches as well. But everyone started somewhere!!!
Old 17 February 2018, 09:29 AM   #11
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Good luck with that model. 1) Rolex won't give an online retailer AD status. Their dealers have been forced to spend millions in showroom/inventory costs so I doubt Rolex will let you guys slide. 2) Any ADs found to be selling to resellers will probably loose their agreement. You're better off dealing in the used watch market.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 09:45 AM   #12
Dunnej
"TRF" Member

Yeah, no. Forget about it. Rolex is very careful about who they associate with.

Your best bet would be buying Rolex models on the grey market and trying to flip them on your site for a profit – but you won't make many friends around here doing that.

From a marketing and branding standpoint, it's as important if not more MORE important to decide what your brand WON'T do as opposed to what it will do. If you're doing well with more accessible/price sensitive brands, then don't mess with the aspirational brands.
Dunnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 10:34 AM   #13
SweetHannah
"TRF" Member

Hi,

We have a good income but this not needed. The shop we manage is for the members of a private club we have been running for two years. Buying things in this shop helps to improve that status in the club.

So basically when we get an order we ask our supplier for it and we get around 7% of profit as in our shop is more expensive. So basically what we want is be able to list rolex and when we get and order buy it to an AD and then ship it to our customer. Is this something possible?

We will go to check with local dealers to see if we get some deal. Thanks for all your answers!
SweetHannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 11:12 AM   #14
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Not really possible, unless you're also going to charge over list price for 'hot' models, and even then your cost will be high. Of course anything is possible if you have good membership fees and enough members to make it work. Good luck.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 01:18 PM   #15
77T
2024 Pledge Member

7% is too slim of gross margin.

But even if you can live on that, you can’t collect it until the order is filled. And the ADs can’t get the watches customers want. So you have very little chance to get them yourself.

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote