The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 September 2019, 12:07 PM   #1
golfski
"TRF" Member

Watch: me whip & nay nay
Is it safe?

To play pro football in a $350k watch? baller! (I’m a browns fan to boot!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0D0C02A3-DBDD-44B9-81F4-69D30F27BB76.jpeg (106.1 KB, 453 views)
golfski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:09 PM   #2
Notsoprobro
"TRF" Member

One of the things RM boasts is how shock resistant their watches are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega Speedmaster Chronoscope 329.30.43.51.03.001
Notsoprobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:19 PM   #3
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
That is not a $350K watch...but still I say no!
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:23 PM   #4
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsoprobro View Post
One of the things RM boasts is how shock resistant their watches are.

Yep RM gave it to him to wear to show those watches are tanks. Nadal wearing his RM27 tonight in the U.S. Open final with the same results.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:30 PM   #5
PepsiBezel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neo-Vintage
Great post!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/od...mille-rm-11-03
PepsiBezel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:56 PM   #6
golfski
"TRF" Member

Watch: me whip & nay nay
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
Yep RM gave it to him to wear to show those watches are tanks. Nadal wearing his RM27 tonight in the U.S. Open final with the same results.
I’ve seen Nadal and Bubba Watson playing on RM for year, but that’s not a contact sport! I get the G forces involved in those sports, but taking a direct hit from a NFL player is a whole other level! Love the orange color scheme too :)
golfski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 01:29 PM   #7
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Wow haha

And we got people on this forum worried about jumping rope with their Rolex

schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 06:27 PM   #8
boothus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
I’m surprised they let people play professional AF whilst wearing a watch. Wouldn’t get away with it in Rugby but then again that is a proper contact sport ;)
boothus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 08:36 PM   #9
AlexMachine
"TRF" Member

Safer than visit Stockholm.

American tourist lost his 250.000 dollars Richard Mille watch to thiefs in Sweden. (over 84 valuable watches robbed from wrist in Stockholm this year - Rolex, AP etc - in well respected areas like Södermalm)
Article is in Swedish but Google translate version under.
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/st...qgo3M12cMNX0cw

"The tourist was robbed at a clock worth 2.5 million
Published September 4, 2019
An American couple, on holiday in Stockholm, was asked if they could take a picture of two unknown men with their cell phone. When the couple returned the phone to the men, they were robbed of an exclusive watch worth $ 250,000, nearly SEK 2.5 million.
It was Sunday at 4.30 pm that the American couple was exposed to the naughty robbery. After a guided tour in Stockholm city, they were released outside the Grand Hotel. In connection with that, two men came forward and wondered if the man in the company could take a picture of them.
- When the man returns the phone, the perpetrator grabs his arm, locks it against the body and wears the watch, says Daniel Horner, chief of the local police area Norrmalm, and who is responsible for a special action against theft in Stockholm city.
- At the same time, the other perpetrator stands in front of the wife and hides so she does not see what is happening, he continues.
The watch, which is worth $ 250,000, is described as unique as it is only available in a few copies in the world.
How do you know that the clock really existed?
- There is both a receipt and a certificate on it.

Clocks - means of payment in criminal circles
- It will be difficult for the perpetrators to sell the watch in Sweden. But our image is that expensive watches are shipped abroad, we rarely find them in Sweden.
Following a series of reports of theft, the Stockholm Police launched a special operation at the beginning of the summer. And the number of registrations has increased. In 2018, 78 completed watch robberies took place in Stockholm city, so far this year the number is up to 84.
According to the police, clock robbery is an easy way to get over money, often more perpetrators are committing the crimes.
Victims are mapped via social media
- Exclusive watches are used as means of payment in criminal circles. You exchange watches with each other instead of money in drug dealing. It is easier to move a clock between countries than a bag of money, says Daniel Horner, of the Stockholm Police.
How do the perpetrators find their victims?
- In the past, people were robbed of sales. But now the perpetrators are mapping watch owners via social media or in the pub environment. Then you meet the victim in their staircase and rob them.
The American couple was allowed to travel home without a clock, the police have launched a preliminary investigation of robbery, but the hope of finding the clock in Stockholm is low.
AlexMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 08:31 AM   #10
jag32
Banned

Watch: PP/AP/BP/UN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMachine View Post

American tourist lost his 250.000 dollars Richard Mille watch to thiefs in Sweden. (over 84 valuable watches robbed from wrist in Stockholm this year - Rolex, AP etc - in well respected areas like Södermalm)

An American couple, on holiday in Stockholm, was asked if they could take a picture of two unknown men with their cell phone. When the couple returned the phone to the men, they were robbed of an exclusive watch worth $ 250,000, nearly SEK 2.5 million.
It was Sunday at 4.30 pm that the American couple was exposed to the naughty robbery. After a guided tour in Stockholm city, they were released outside the Grand Hotel. In connection with that, two men came forward and wondered if the man in the company could take a picture of them.
- When the man returns the phone, the perpetrator grabs his arm, locks it against the body and wears the watch, says Daniel Horner, chief of the local police area Norrmalm, and who is responsible for a special action against theft in Stockholm city.
- At the same time, the other perpetrator stands in front of the wife and hides so she does not see what is happening, he continues.
The watch, which is worth $ 250,000, is described as unique as it is only available in a few copies in the world.

- It will be difficult for the perpetrators to sell the watch in Sweden. But our image is that expensive watches are shipped abroad, we rarely find them in Sweden.
Following a series of reports of theft, the Stockholm Police launched a special operation at the beginning of the summer. And the number of registrations has increased. In 2018, 78 completed watch robberies took place in Stockholm city, so far this year the number is up to 84.
According to the police, clock robbery is an easy way to get over money, often more perpetrators are committing the crimes.
- Exclusive watches are used as means of payment in criminal circles. You exchange watches with each other instead of money in drug dealing. It is easier to move a clock between countries than a bag of money, says Daniel Horner, of the Stockholm Police.
- In the past, people were robbed of sales. But now the perpetrators are mapping watch owners via social media or in the pub environment. Then you meet the victim in their staircase and rob them.
The American couple was allowed to travel home without a clock, the police have launched a preliminary investigation of robbery, but the hope of finding the clock in Stockholm is low.
Insurance would have made this a nonissue....
jag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 10:26 AM   #11
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMachine View Post

I was there this new year's eve and not a single moment I felt unsafe. Love the city and I think it can happen anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Room View.jpg (115.0 KB, 207 views)
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 10:53 AM   #12
Pronto0322
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
Wow haha

And we got people on this forum worried about jumping rope with their Rolex

I find working out with a Rolex on weird. There is a guy at my gym who wears his TT white dial Daytona every day.

Pronto0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 12:22 PM   #13
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronto0322 View Post
I find working out with a Rolex on weird. There is a guy at my gym who wears his TT white dial Daytona every day.

I wasn’t referring to working out.

I was simply exaggerating about how people freak out about what their watch can take.
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 02:07 PM   #14
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

For the record, Nadal wearing a Nadal, or Bubba wearing a Bubba, is different from wearing an 11-03.

The Nadal and Bubba are intentionally designed to be very shock resistant. The 11-03 is a racing chronograph. Still shock resistant, but not even close to the other two.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 02:07 PM   #15
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Also, this is a contact sport. If I was on the field with him, I'd be upset. He could cut me.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 03:08 AM   #16
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Instead of trying to intercept the ball-- I would try to intercept that watch off his wrist
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 04:24 AM   #17
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Apparently he isn’t an ambassador for RM. just a customer (for now anyway)

The watch is probably much less of a risk to wear to other players due to the gear than in rugby. But the sport is more contact, that’s for sure.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote