Trog
Banned

Something to watch while you're waiting for your 321:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 03:52 AM   #63
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know the lug to lug on this?

Does the movement hack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giorgio.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 04:26 AM   #64
zesty55
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Lug to lug is 48mm according to Robert-Jan at Fratello. 321 is a non-hacking movement, still is.
zesty55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 05:26 AM   #65
giorgio.a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesty55 View Post
Lug to lug is 48mm according to Robert-Jan at Fratello. 321 is a non-hacking movement, still is.

Lug to lug is not too bad.

I suspected it was going to be non hacking.

What accuracy range can one expect from a modern 321?

giorgio.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 12:15 PM   #66
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
-1 to +11 secs/day
huydoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 01:55 PM   #67
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

I like the piece, but considering the market price for a bnib hesalite speedy is/was below 4k, asking 14k for this new one, without the possibility of discounts, takes away a lot from the value proposition that the speedy represented.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2020, 05:43 AM   #68
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
I like the piece, but considering the market price for a bnib hesalite speedy is/was below 4k, asking 14k for this new one, without the possibility of discounts, takes away a lot from the value proposition that the speedy represented.
Looking at many of the other watches that use the Lemonia movement, selling at significantly higher price point.

Are all the others way overpriced.
Or
Is the omega, arguably the best chrono design ever, using the same lemania movement, really priced exactly where it should be?

This seems to be mostly a difficult pill to swallow because of the great value that the speedy has been for so long?
Old 28 July 2020, 06:12 AM   #69
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post

This seems to be mostly a difficult pill to swallow because of the great value that the speedy has been for so long?
Yes, Gus, I think this is exactly the point and you hit the nail on the head. In a vacuum, the cal 321 speedy is far from absurdly priced for what it represents and actually delivers. The whole issue - which I feel is hard to ignore - comes from the inevitable comparison with the unbelievable value the traditional speedy always delivered.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 01:42 PM   #70
d11n
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes
besides the one posted on Fratello ... anyone else get one or hear of someone who got one? I was kinda expecting more to be showing up by now...
d11n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 02:29 PM   #71
cfracing
"TRF" Member

There are at least 2 others besides Robert-Jan's on the Omega Forum, one in Switzerland and the other in the U.S. The new U.S. owner also has a platinum 321 Speedmaster. Remember it is probably going to be a slow rollout and not all of the lucky owners may be on the watch forums or want to post on them.
cfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2020, 02:22 PM   #72
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Per the Omega Forums, there are 5 delivered of which 2 are members on OF, one is Robert-Jan, and the other 2 have unknown owners.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 01:01 AM   #73
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
I'm on the list at my AD. No estimates about delivery date, just that it is going to be a while.
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 11:29 PM   #74
Reign
"TRF" Member

Was told deliveries by my AD in November - am debating getting one as a fun Xmas watch
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 04:38 AM   #75
Trog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Was told deliveries by my AD in November - am debating getting one as a fun Xmas watch
I was told July, then August, then September.....if I don't see delivery by December, I'm getting my deposit back.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 04:48 AM   #76
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog View Post
I was told July, then August, then September.....if I don't see delivery by December, I'm getting my deposit back.
I spoke with my omega boutique who are expecting one a month with a waiting list of 90 names. With that much a backcklog and limited deliveries to OB’s, you wonder when these will actually reach the AD network.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 06:37 AM   #77
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
I spoke with my omega boutique who are expecting one a month with a waiting list of 90 names. With that much a backcklog and limited deliveries to OB’s, you wonder when these will actually reach the AD network.
How many of those 90 are actually going to buy though? I would be pretty surprised if all 90 actually buy them. I'm expecting like 20-30 of those 90 to actually be serious buyers.
Old 10 September 2020, 08:33 AM   #78
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
How many of those 90 are actually going to buy though? I would be pretty surprised if all 90 actually buy them. I'm expecting like 20-30 of those 90 to actually be serious buyers.
I’m buying when I get the call.
Old 10 September 2020, 11:20 AM   #79
S2000_driver
"TRF" Member

321 steel released?

ADs in the US won’t get any until next year. OBs are very slowly getting them.

The fact that none of the grey dealers haven’t got any so far tells me that ADs are not getting them. None on eBay. Chrono24 has 3 listed and only one is available for immediate purchase.

S2000_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 01:23 PM   #80
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Im SUPER excited for this
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 06:03 PM   #81
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think you might find it’s quite high - especially if the production is super low. I guess it might depend on where they settle in the grey market.

Even so, 20-30 buyers is likely a 1-2 year wait based on dribbling one or two a month in.

FYI - someone on the omega forums got one though an AD so they are obviously starting to make their way outside boutiques. This guy was a fair purchaser however (previously purchased the moonshine Apollo 11 from them among a number of items)

Old 10 September 2020, 10:03 PM   #82
Harmon Rabb
"TRF" Member

Are people paying list price on the new Speesmaster 321 watch when ordering or are the dealers giving discount? I’ve seen a few online watch dealers pricing them at discount if ordering the watch through them. That got me thinking. I would be fine paying full price, but not if Omega let them be sold at discount already.

It’s funny that a couple if gray dealers sells them at markup without having them in stock either. I hope that they are unsuccessful building a hype.

I visited one dealer in Copenhagen a few weeks ago and they said that they had no clue about the delivery dates when ordering. Another smaller watch dealer in my hometown that sells Omega among other brands said they could not even order the new 321 yet as Omega dealers get them first. I’d like to buy from a local dealer if buying new.

The new 321 is on my radar but I might choose to go vintage instead. Haven’t decided yet which way to go. Usually I go vintage, but I might choose different this time.
Harmon Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2020, 03:50 PM   #83
S2000_driver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Rabb View Post
Are people paying list price on the new Speesmaster 321 watch when ordering or are the dealers giving discount? I’ve seen a few online watch dealers pricing them at discount if ordering the watch through them. That got me thinking. I would be fine paying full price, but not if Omega let them be sold at discount already.

It’s funny that a couple if gray dealers sells them at markup without having them in stock either. I hope that they are unsuccessful building a hype.

I visited one dealer in Copenhagen a few weeks ago and they said that they had no clue about the delivery dates when ordering. Another smaller watch dealer in my hometown that sells Omega among other brands said they could not even order the new 321 yet as Omega dealers get them first. I’d like to buy from a local dealer if buying new.

The new 321 is on my radar but I might choose to go vintage instead. Haven’t decided yet which way to go. Usually I go vintage, but I might choose different this time.
It is very unlikely that online watch dealers advertising discounts will be able to get you this watch. Omega has instructed ADs to only sell them to existing VIP customers. Omega boutiques are doing the same thing. Omega is trying to make this their version of the SS Daytona. Will it materialize? Only time will tell.
S2000_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2020, 04:16 PM   #84
Harmon Rabb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000_driver View Post
It is very unlikely that online watch dealers advertising discounts will be able to get you this watch. Omega has instructed ADs to only sell them to existing VIP customers. Omega boutiques are doing the same thing. Omega is trying to make this their version of the SS Daytona. Will it materialize? Only time will tell.
I’m thinking the same way for the same reasons you explain. I too question if they can get the watch from Omega. Still in this crazy world you never know. There is one way to find out. I rather buy from a physical dealer. I don’t do online shopping very often. Never when it comes to this kind of commodity.

I don’t know about selling only to VIP customers however. I could order it from the dealer I visited. I have no relationship what so ever as I don’t live there. They only said that they could not say anything about the delivery dates.
Harmon Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2020, 04:22 PM   #85
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000_driver View Post
I don’t think they are selling to VIPs only, but I agree there will be little chance of securing a discount esp with the limited numbers being released.
Old 21 September 2020, 09:34 AM   #86
Phooi
"TRF" Member

This watch feels so mythical at this point! I’ve not heard of anyone who has seen this watch in person nor even a wrist shot.

When it was announced, I asked my OB about ordering one. They told me that they were only offering the watch for those with a significant purchasing history first. Needless to say I wasn’t offered one.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:32 AM   #87
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
This watch feels so mythical at this point! I’ve not heard of anyone who has seen this watch in person nor even a wrist shot.

When it was announced, I asked my OB about ordering one. They told me that they were only offering the watch for those with a significant purchasing history first. Needless to say I wasn’t offered one.
Go to the omegaforums. There have been 3 or 4 people besides Robert Jan That received theirs already.
Old 21 September 2020, 02:40 PM   #88
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Go to the omegaforums. There have been 3 or 4 people besides Robert Jan That received theirs already.
Thanks!
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2020, 08:55 AM   #89
tictic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huydoan View Post
-1 to +11 secs/day
May I add: I own (2) vintage 321's from back in the days when they could be picked up for under $1000. Recently had them serviced and they both easily keep within these limits. There's a reason these movements are considered classics in my opinion.
tictic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 11:19 PM   #90
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I’ve just watched a film about the 321 on YouTube, it’s a lot more sparkley than I had thought and hoped it would be!

Hopefully it was just the lights used for filming.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote