The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 August 2018, 08:32 AM   #31
moneypenny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam80 View Post
Picked up a GMT LN a few months ago... But it was bundled with a TT DJ for my wife.

Wait time was a week. The rolex boutique in Melbourne told me 3 years wait even with the bundle
I had bought a TT GMT 18moths ago asked about the Sky Dwellers was told 2 years
moneypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 08:33 AM   #32
moneypenny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Due to the demand globally it does seem more and more having bought in the past definitely helps.
Thats what I'm hoping.. I have serviced 4 washes and bought a brand new GMT hoping to get my husband a SD
Old 17 August 2018, 08:53 AM   #33
The M3 Guy
"TRF" Member

Same problem across the ditch, I have been on a waiting list for 12 months for a date Sub seems like when one comes to NZ the local Rolex franchise owner sells to his VIPs first and first time buyers have little chance of getting started in Rolex ownership.
The M3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 12:49 PM   #34
whiteman
"TRF" Member

I managed to pick up a ND Sub ~2 months ago. I waited 10 months for it as a first time purchaser, and honestly only managed to get it that quick by complete luck. Speaking to the AD it was the first one they'd received in 7 months.

I'll post an incoming and the story when I make it to 10 posts!
whiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 01:43 PM   #35
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Just got back from a business trip (conference) there and visited Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide........ NOTHING! Other than PM. And some DJ
Hope you have better luck !
Old 17 August 2018, 01:46 PM   #36
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The M3 Guy View Post
Same problem across the ditch, I have been on a waiting list for 12 months for a date Sub seems like when one comes to NZ the local Rolex franchise owner sells to his VIPs first and first time buyers have little chance of getting started in Rolex ownership.
Let me guess - Partridges?
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 03:45 PM   #37
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcall View Post
Geez.. what city?
Brisbane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
What colour?
Black Dial.
imgook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 05:25 PM   #38
NathansExplorer
"TRF" Member

Rolex Explorer is easy to get. I probably receive a phone call every three months from the three Melbourne dealers saying they have stock and I have no buying history with any of them.
NathansExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 05:52 PM   #39
juliet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Picked up my Sub here in NZ after about a three month wait, seemed reasonable. Great watch, goes well with my Explorer.
juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 08:01 PM   #40
Sweetswisssteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126618LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
The Tudor would not provided sustained happiness, joy nor satisfaction.
+1

Sent from my HTC 2PXH3 using Tapatalk
Sweetswisssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 08:27 PM   #41
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
I was in Melbourne a few days ago and I stopped at the airport Rolex boutique. They had no ss models. I asked about the Pepsi and they said they got some deliveries but they all went to previous customers.

So, they won’t sell them at the airport. It goes to the other branches in the city. So, no luck trying your luck at the airport.
Old 17 August 2018, 08:41 PM   #42
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
One small dingy pre-loved seller on a street corner in Kowloon would have more steel sports model than all of Australia.

I recommend you source your piece from Asia... this will be at a hefty premium though. Like Australia, Hong Kong AD's have zero sports models stock.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 09:12 PM   #43
superlativechrono
"TRF" Member

Hunting for an SD50 to try. Guess I’ll just have to take another trip to Japan .....
superlativechrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 03:38 PM   #44
moneypenny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
Brisbane.

Black Dial.
Luck you
Old 18 August 2018, 03:44 PM   #45
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
i got my SD43 in May this year from Kennedy's in Melbourne. but i have a inside connection. just very lucky to get it. came within about 6 months. was so surprised when i got the call.
SKX007 Japanese version
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 04:09 PM   #46
Watchdaytona
"TRF" Member

Alls sounds pretty dire, If I was after a Sub or GMT, I would just buy from a trusted seller the premium isn't that much on those watches. If its a Daytona you after then one can probably spend the extra $5k and pick one up as well. All this spending money at AD's on jewelry and datejusts, building relationships, seems like an expensive time consuming exercise for someone with no history who just wants to buy one watch.
Watchdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 04:46 PM   #47
oldsalt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ?????
Waited six weeks for my DSSD deep blue - from my AD in Melbourne, I have a relationship with them having bought several watches from them over the years... it helps for sure... good luck with your "hunt"

cheers
Old 18 August 2018, 05:58 PM   #48
hnn17
"TRF" Member

The situation is frustrating, Sydney's ADs don't have stock and waiting lists are closed. Yet a second hand dealer closed by got 3 BLNR and a Hulk in stock, except it's a 50% markup on the rrp. Somewhere along the line flippers and secondhand dealers have inserted themselves between AD and the final wearer for their cut of the profit.
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 08:51 PM   #49
Nocomment
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
The Rolex Truck can't make it across the Indian Ocean...
lol!
Nocomment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 08:55 PM   #50
Nocomment
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by The M3 Guy View Post
yup unless you buy 5 date justs from them, or an expensive PM rollie before they will offer you an 'opportunity' to purchase any hot SS models.
Nocomment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 09:11 PM   #51
Linzjnr
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: My bank balance!
It appears that it is only going to get worse as well, I recently had my SS Daytona serviced at the AD in Perth I bought it from and as I know the staff well from years of chats I asked why Rolex are limiting SS supply and they told me the state manager has informed them Rolex has cut production by 30%. When I asked why they told me that from what they can gather Rolex want to move the brand upmarket by limiting supply and increasing prices.

They have received one BLNR so far this year and are not taking names for any SS watches any more. It’s a bleak outlook here in Oz
Old 20 August 2018, 01:45 PM   #52
moneypenny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genkifd View Post
i got my SD43 in May this year from Kennedy's in Melbourne. but i have a inside connection. just very lucky to get it. came within about 6 months. was so surprised when i got the call.
Again that is good luck
Old 20 August 2018, 02:26 PM   #53
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdaytona View Post
If its a Daytona you after then one can probably spend the extra $5k and pick one up as well.
In your dreams. More like $10K+.
Old 20 August 2018, 02:37 PM   #54
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzjnr View Post
I asked why Rolex are limiting SS supply and they told me the state manager has informed them Rolex has cut production by 30%. When I asked why they told me that from what they can gather Rolex want to move the brand upmarket by limiting supply and increasing prices.
I know you're only the messenger, but I call BS on this. The shortage is caused by unprecedented demand. And the only price increases have been due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Are they moving Tudor upmarket as well? Still no Fifty-Eight stock in most countries a full 5 months after Baselworld...
Old 20 August 2018, 06:46 PM   #55
jfoord27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnn17 View Post
The situation is frustrating, Sydney's ADs don't have stock and waiting lists are closed. Yet a second hand dealer closed by got 3 BLNR and a Hulk in stock, except it's a 50% markup on the rrp. Somewhere along the line flippers and secondhand dealers have inserted themselves between AD and the final wearer for their cut of the profit.
Is that timekeeper boutique?
jfoord27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 06:48 PM   #56
jfoord27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know you're only the messenger, but I call BS on this. The shortage is caused by unprecedented demand. And the only price increases have been due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Are they moving Tudor upmarket as well? Still no Fifty-Eight stock in most countries a full 5 months after Baselworld...
In hour glass in Sydney they told me the supply problem is mainly due to Rolex not being able to employ enough watch makers in Switzerland these days to satisfy the demand.
jfoord27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2018, 08:18 PM   #57
Linzjnr

Quote:

Fair call, I only mentioned it because I have known them to be straight shooters who I have known for ten years and not prone to manufacturing excuses. To be honest they are getting really upset with the currenat situation because they have to maintain a large expensive display to Rolex’s standards and it is empty of the models most people come in and enqire about.

Whatever the reason, the prices of SS models in Australia will keep rising as fast as demand, where it will end who knows
Old 22 August 2018, 10:47 AM   #58
moneypenny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoord27 View Post
Is that timekeeper boutique?
They must have an inside man at the hour glass. The impossible to get stock just happens to turn up at Time Keeper
Old 22 August 2018, 10:48 AM   #59
moneypenny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzjnr View Post
Fair call, I only mentioned it because I have known them to be straight shooters who I have known for ten years and not prone to manufacturing excuses. To be honest they are getting really upset with the currenat situation because they have to maintain a large expensive display to Rolex’s standards and it is empty of the models most people come in and enqire about.

Whatever the reason, the prices of SS models in Australia will keep rising as fast as demand, where it will end who knows
so where are these people who's friends apparently get these watches? I have seen zero posts of Aussies with 2017-2018 SS spots watches.
Old 22 August 2018, 11:23 AM   #60
Linzjnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypenny View Post
so where are these people who's friends apparently get these watches? I have seen zero posts of Aussies with 2017-2018 SS spots watches.
I am sure most who buy Rolex's are not on TRF, we are a unique breed us WIS types