The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 December 2012, 11:31 AM   #31
Texican
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red, 5512
I'll second all this...I bought an 18238 Day Date this month, and was one of the best and easiest Rolex purchases I have made! i cannot recommend them enough!!!!
Old 11 April 2013, 05:08 AM   #32
gbcecil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 118238
Great company
Old 18 April 2013, 08:42 AM   #33
kendo
"TRF" Member

Watch Chest does it again

I just purchased my first Rolex! I could not afford a new one and searched high and low for a reputable dealer for used Rolex watches. I found so many questionable sources and potential "rip offs." Finally I found Chris and his staff at Watch Chest. He answered my questions on Saturday late afternoon and throughout the week. You can tell he takes great pride in his work.

I purchased a Datejust in the afternoon and my gosh had it in my hand the next morning! What wonderful service! An original box, papers and though it was years old, it looked brand new!

I had to tell someone (who has many Rolex watches) what time it was several times that morning! lol

Bottom line is Chris was fair, efficient and has great service! I HIGHLY recommend him and Watch chest for anyone looking.
kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2013, 02:02 AM   #34
scranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII, DD, Daytona
Just received my 118208 President from Watch Chest, and it's a beauty. The serial number says 2000, but it looks brand new to me. Super watch, great service, and nice folks to deal with.
scranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2013, 09:07 PM   #35
Conan435
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer II
I also had a recent purchase from Chris at Watch Chest (through eBay). Price was fair and description was spot on. Great customer service as well. Highly recommended.
Conan435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2014, 12:47 PM   #36
rangerman
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Just wanted to chime up and give Chris over at Watch Chest a Big Thanks! Incoming DSSD BNIB and it was a great pleasure dealing with him. Great Comms..great emails just all around awesome to deal with! I am still currently deployed to Afghanistan so will not see it for two more weeks! Have my girl taking care of things for me while away! Pics when I can!
rangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2015, 05:10 AM   #37
gunsmoke
Banned

Watch: most valueable
watch chest is a great place to shop and buy

I am new to the rolex market and new to buying on line. Found watch chest on line, they had ( to my eye ) the best looking rolex i ever saw. Called and talk with chris,told of my apprehension doing business over the internet he was understanding .he said i would not be disappointed. He was absolutely correct. He did all he said he would and more. Honest, fast , fair price and above all a great looking could not tell it was not new turnogram 16263.xxxxxxxxxxxxx be sure and look at their site xxxxxxxxxxxxx
gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2015, 01:12 PM   #38
photo2u
"TRF" Member

I am in the market to buy a 18238.

I have tried several members and will try this Chris and see how it goes. I will keep you posted with my experience.
photo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2016, 04:26 AM   #39
Wooddog44
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date, TT DJ
My feedback on Watch Chest, If You're Looking...
Just an fyi to anyone who is looking right now, made my most recent purchase from Watch Chest in Branson, MO.

Got a beautiful K series DJ (Purchased as a an anniv. gift "from" my wife to me but I did the homework and negotiating.)

TT, jubilee, fluted, white index dial. The watch arrived FedEx, (correctly sized to my wrist measurement with a piece of string), set to the correct time and running. It is beautiful, looks like brand new. Wanted specifically a white dial to match the one I gave my wife as an earlier anniv. gift and they look awesome next to each other (would add a pic but I don't know how to attach them ! Bracelet has little to no stretch and included a 3 year in house warranty (backed I'm told by an on staff Rolex trained/certified watchmaker).

Not looking to be a "commercial" for them but with so many pre-owned Rolex watch purchase options out there I can say that this transaction from the search that led me to their website, initial phone call to the inevitable back and forth emails to settle on a price to delivery and email follow up from them has gone well.

Have had the watch for 2 weeks now and, after wearing it on an alternating basis with my Sub, it seems to have settled in to about the +2 sec. per day range as I was assured it would.

Their assortment and customer service and reviews were impressive, pricing was fair but toward the high end. When I commented on that (Jordan from sales) agreed but stated to me that they only offer mint and near mint pieces which I thought was a reasonable answer and based on my research seems to be true.

Take this info as you will but IMO they are at least worth checking out.
Wooddog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 05:10 PM   #40
BigBoss722
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610T, 126613
Purchased a 16610 engraved rehaut from Chris at Watch Chest and I'm extremely satisfied with my experience.

Just for the sake of peace of mind I took the watch to an AD to have it authenticated and it's the real deal.

Spoke with Chris on the phone a couple of times working the deal and he is a straight shooter. Zero bullshit from that guy.

He has a little room to play on the price of course but I don't think he's not gouging anyone.

He's probably going to get my business again in the future.
BigBoss722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2017, 07:01 AM   #41
HeyScott
"TRF" Member

Watch Chest is Awesome, thanks Chris Wiley

Me too, he was great and had the only Rolex I have wanted for years a 18k YG Day Date with Champagne dial and Arabic numerals model 18208. The experience was superb and those reading this should have no qualms about wiring him money or getting a good deal
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8091.jpeg (19.5 KB, 202 views)
HeyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 09:50 AM   #42
jpsjr70
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Funny you guys say these comments about Watch Chest? I’m in the market for a Two Tone Daytona with a price of $12,300.00 or Best Offer, decided to offer $11,750.00, never heard back after 24-36 hours and decided to contact Chris again to see if the offer was too low? From there I received a email stating that the price advertised is firm and there’s no reason to go lower which I understand totally, so I emailed back and stated maybe they shouldn’t offer the words “Best Offer” if you are firm with your price, no? Anyway, tried to continue to ask a few simple basic questions like model year? papers? card? Etc.... Chris turns around and raises the price to $12,995 and never answers back! How childish is that? Really? The guy couldn’t just answer questions and if I just wasn’t interested then raise the price?? I’ve been looking for a Daytona to complete my Rolex collection, was in Wempe on Wednesday and could get a new Daytona identical to the one I was interested in except for the Black Face/Champagne Dials, Wempe has it in White Face/White Dials for $15,300.00 with papers and card. Funny how people do business! Crazy world...
jpsjr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 11:33 AM   #43
gen_tso
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Funny you guys say these comments about Watch Chest? I’m in the market for a Two Tone Daytona with a price of $12,300.00 or Best Offer, decided to offer $11,750.00, never heard back after 24-36 hours and decided to contact Chris again to see if the offer was too low? From there I received a email stating that the price advertised is firm and there’s no reason to go lower which I understand totally, so I emailed back and stated maybe they shouldn’t offer the words “Best Offer” if you are firm with your price, no? Anyway, tried to continue to ask a few simple basic questions like model year? papers? card? Etc.... Chris turns around and raises the price to $12,995 and never answers back! How childish is that? Really? The guy couldn’t just answer questions and if I just wasn’t interested then raise the price?? I’ve been looking for a Daytona to complete my Rolex collection, was in Wempe on Wednesday and could get a new Daytona identical to the one I was interested in except for the Black Face/Champagne Dials, Wempe has it in White Face/White Dials for $15,300.00 with papers and card. Funny how people do business! Crazy world...
I agree he is slow to answer email questions. He picks and chooses which ones to answer and ignores some. Maybe he is better on the phone?
gen_tso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 02:52 PM   #44
Andybethel
"TRF" Member

Watch cheat suck

I’ve bought a couple of watches through these guys and generally had a decent experience; not the best deal around but okay. Unfortunately, this hasn’t been consistent and my most recent experience (perhaps Chris Whiley is using some cheap labour) has been nothing better than a shoddy back street dealer trying to Hustle a few extra bucks from me.

I was offered a price, tried to negotiate them down due to being a returning customer, but was met with a firm NO. I get this, and am fine with it, but then the guys tries to raise the price and change the deal. Any reputable firm should stand by their word and commitments. Despite multiple screen shots of messages showing yeh dialogue this company lied time and time again; they’re either dumb, or just plain shady. This tells me so much about the firm and how they operate. I would not recommend these guys and I’m confident if you had any issues with them, they would not honour the agreement/service/warranty.

Look elsewhere guys. Plenty of more reputable dealers around.
Andybethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 08:10 AM   #45
MiGel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 - Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybethel View Post
I’ve bought a couple of watches through these guys and generally had a decent experience; not the best deal around but okay. Unfortunately, this hasn’t been consistent and my most recent experience (perhaps Chris Whiley is using some cheap labour) has been nothing better than a shoddy back street dealer trying to Hustle a few extra bucks from me.

I was offered a price, tried to negotiate them down due to being a returning customer, but was met with a firm NO. I get this, and am fine with it, but then the guys tries to raise the price and change the deal. Any reputable firm should stand by their word and commitments. Despite multiple screen shots of messages showing yeh dialogue this company lied time and time again; they’re either dumb, or just plain shady. This tells me so much about the firm and how they operate. I would not recommend these guys and I’m confident if you had any issues with them, they would not honour the agreement/service/warranty.

Look elsewhere guys. Plenty of more reputable dealers around.

I just received a watch i bought from these guys and was checking to see what others had to say about Chris and Watch Chest, as I was preparing my own review.
#Andybethel 's review above strikes me as rather immoderate. Being unable to close a commercial negotiation does not make a seller dumb or shady and trying to coerce someone to do a deal that they don't want to is not good practice.
Stay tuned for my review....
MiGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 02:59 AM   #46
MiGel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 - Pepsi
Watch Chest - Chris Wiley

I just completed my second purchase through Chris Wiley at Watch Chest. The first was a GMT Master II 16710 “Z” Serial Pepsi back in 2016. The new one is a Submariner Date 16610 “V” Serial - it honestly looks brand new and is keeping good time. I paid what I consider a modest (7%) premium to get a complete set from an established and reputable seller.
The Rolex secondary market is a total zoo - Chris at Watch Chest is a great guy to have as your navigator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic for TRF - reduced.jpg (247.6 KB, 102 views)
MiGel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2020, 06:55 PM   #47
catbond
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1625
Just bought a 18248 w/ Pyramid dial from Watch Chest. The watch is in pristine condition and came overnight in well secured in packaging!

... the only issue that I have is on the personal side as I have not taken it off my wrist since opening it yesterday.

Words are honestly inadequate to describe how great and flawless of a process it was to purchase my holy grail DD. Spoke with Chris a couple times on the phone, he answered all my questions and kept me in the loop throughout. He has great stock and even greater stories to match

10/10 experience
catbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 02:21 PM   #48
jsw224
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 Rhod-Rom-Oy
Hi all- just purchased a 36mm DJ, Rhodium with Roman numerals, fluted WG bezel, oyster bracelet. This is my first Rolex purchase.

The process went so smoothly. Special thanks to Corey, who I spoke with over the phone. He patiently guided me through all my questions and concerns and our correspondence throughout the process was top notch and made me feel secure every step of the way. I felt at ease during the wiring process and the watch arrived quickly and safely. Then- it is gorgeous. Even more stunning than I expected from the pictures. They also sent me a detailed appraisal which is very helpful for insuring purposes and saves me the trouble. The three year warranty is also a blessing.

I would certainly recommend to anyone and highly consider doing business with them in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 903A290A-8D7E-419A-B03C-6601F71A382E.jpeg (85.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpeg FE391E93-4E20-4EFD-AC60-D7E793D9F8C9.jpeg (85.5 KB, 58 views)
jsw224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2023, 01:13 AM   #49
s/v nisus
"TRF" Member

Great Experience with Watch Chest

I purchased a ladies datejust Rolex with a jubilee bracelet and pyramid dial back in 1995. Sold it in 2022 because I was moving to a country where it was strongly suggested to not wear or even own expensive jewelry. The move didn't work out and when I came back to the states all I wanted was my watch back. That wasn't possible so I reached out Watch Chest and they had in stock the exact Rolex I was searching for.
I dealt with Cody and he was wonderful. Listened to me, went above and beyond to answer all my questions, shipped the watch so it was delivered the day I requested. I felt the watch was reasonably priced with a great warranty.
And the watch itself is just perfect! Looks brand new! Runs like it's brand new! So pleased with the entire process!

**just wish I could figure out how to include a photo to show off my beautiful vintage Rolex**
s/v nisus is offline   Reply With Quote