The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 August 2019, 12:53 AM   #121
FTX I
2019 Pledge Member
 
FTX I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Real Name: Flavio
Location: N/A
Posts: 11,171
Interesting thread. Would be nice to know what happened.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 04:48 PM   #122
Macnavara
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: La Rochelle Fr
Watch: 126710 DS43 BLNR
Posts: 1,216
well funny
__________________
Exp2 | Exp1 | BLNR | SD43 | DSSD | 16710 Pepsi | Ak | 116505 | 116610 | 16610 | 16700 | 116710 LN | 126710 BLRO mk1 & mk2
Macnavara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 07:14 PM   #123
hnottur
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
The crown at 12 in the rehaut should it not align on a genuine watch ? This seems a bit off?
hnottur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 11:43 PM   #124
Syed117
2019 HARRODS BB Pledge Member
 
Syed117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Real Name: Syed
Location: New York
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnottur View Post
The crown at 12 in the rehaut should it not align on a genuine watch ? This seems a bit off?
Two DJ 41s and a ceramic sub here.

All three have 12 o'clock rehaut crowns that are slightly off to the right.

That is not an indicator of a genuine watch as they seem to be off half the time.
__________________
Instagram - watchsyed
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 01:51 PM   #125
importstunna
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Real Name: Jon
Location: SF -> TPE
Watch: Sub BLRO Exp1
Posts: 661
Wow. Subscribed for RSC updates..
importstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 07:30 PM   #126
hnottur
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Two DJ 41s and a ceramic sub here.

All three have 12 o'clock rehaut crowns that are slightly off to the right.

That is not an indicator of a genuine watch as they seem to be off half the time.
Ahh okey thatís interesting, read somewhere that it might indicate itís not real but I only have few vintage Rolex that donít have it so not really looked into it :)
hnottur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2019, 06:50 AM   #127
007timer
2019 Pledge Member
 
007timer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Real Name: M-
Location: Orange County, CA
Watch: 116710BLNR
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrN View Post
Hey there,

I was cleaning my watches when I started paying more attention to the ones I recently acquired.

95% of my collection comes from ADs and the other 5% from people I know. This one is from a good friend of mine and I bought it off his wrist while we were playing poker.

He had the watch for four years and never noticed anything wrong with it. The first thing I noticed is that the insert was really worn off, I never had a watch getting to this point so I thought it could be normal but then I realized the GMT-Master II letters were green I know... I was so excited to get it that night that I didnít even look at it twice lol

So Iím pretty sure the bezel itís fake but Iím not sure if the whole watch is fake or not.

Hereís some pictures for opinions:









And some from the day he got the watch few years ago:





Thanks guys!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I am just seeing this thread. Any updates on the watch itself? Itís very possible that a standard LN has been fitted with aftermarket (bad quality) bezel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 02:14 AM   #128
FTX I
2019 Pledge Member
 
FTX I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Real Name: Flavio
Location: N/A
Posts: 11,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Interesting thread. Would be nice to know what happened.
Agree
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 09:05 PM   #129
switi
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Posts: 21
stoking the fire Green GMT II markings






switi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 09:27 PM   #130
mr.president1
"TRF" Member
 
mr.president1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio,UnitedStates
Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Posts: 1,416
How did you just buy it off your friendís wrist while playing poker BUT also treated yourself to a little ďbday giftĒ. Seems a little coincidental or maybe not.... the $100 bills look real though
__________________

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 09:30 PM   #131
Yzord
"TRF" Member
 
Yzord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Real Name: Alex
Location: NL
Watch: DJ41 Wimbledon
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.president1 View Post
How did you just buy it off your friendís wrist while playing poker BUT also treated yourself to a little ďbday giftĒ. Seems a little coincidental or maybe not.... the $100 bills look real though
Damn, please read it right. The picture of the birthday gift is from his friend 4 years back.

Back ontopic, i am in doubt with the date font. It looks fake to me also.
__________________
2018 126333 DJ41 Wimbledon Dial
2017 114060 SubC No Date
2017 116613LN SubC Date Two Tone
2017 116508 Daytona 18K YG Green Dial
1997 Breitling Crosswind & 2000 Breitling Chronomat MoP
Yzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 05:10 PM   #132
blada4life
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 479
Will we ever get closure on this thread?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 11:33 AM   #133
othertbone
2019 Pledge Member
 
othertbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Florida, USA
Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrN View Post
Hey there,

I was cleaning my watches when I started paying more attention to the ones I recently acquired.

95% of my collection comes from ADs and the other 5% from people I know. This one is from a good friend of mine and I bought it off his wrist while we were playing poker.

He had the watch for four years and never noticed anything wrong with it. The first thing I noticed is that the insert was really worn off, I never had a watch getting to this point so I thought it could be normal but then I realized the GMT-Master II letters were green I know... I was so excited to get it that night that I didnít even look at it twice lol

So Iím pretty sure the bezel itís fake but Iím not sure if the whole watch is fake or not.


Thanks guys!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Wow sorry brother!
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 AM   #134
snkrpwn
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 32
does the gmt hand function properly (and buttery) and is the hands even stacked properly like the gen? that would give you some insight on whether it being gen or not.

but from the looks of it without the obvious bezel and dial which looks incredibly fake.
the end links doesn't look even and the clasp looks a bit odd.
snkrpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
jbarolex
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.