The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 September 2019, 10:32 PM   #31
Waxtactic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko 6138-0030
It's a good looking piece no doubt, but I believe it ultimately rests with your personal taste. Me, I had a chance to pick one up on two occasions and each time I thought "ya know, I'm gonna love this for 3 months but after that it just wont due it for me".

As for "difficulty" I believe it is the least sought after of the GMT's so if you develop a relationship with a few ADs they should be able hunt one down in a reasonable amount of time.
Waxtactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 10:53 PM   #32
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

If you're wanting to have a watch collection, I wouldn't get it :) I find I pick it every day, and when I'm looking at other watches to add to the collection, if I ask myself would I wear this over my CHNR, the potential new piece loses. It seriously looks great with everything, from gym shorts and a tee shirt to business casual to a suit. I would say it's only flaw (if you can call it that) are the scratches it gets on the clasp...but no one can see that anyway.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 10:53 PM   #33
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcheeco View Post
I the 2T CHNR but I never wore it then I just trade it with this full gold version. Awesome indeed

Uff, that’s a beast, congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 11:25 PM   #34
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Thoughts on CHNR root beer GMT

I’ve owned both modern root beers and the TT remains - the mix of colors and medals are dynamite. It’s better than the ss variants TBH.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 12:18 AM   #35
BobDyl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I the 2T CHNR but I never wore it then I just trade it with this full gold version. Awesome indeed

That is one good looking timepiece.
BobDyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 12:46 AM   #36
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Love the full RG but the TT, on this occasion, trumps its big brother

Really a stand out piece

Unfortunately it is my wife’s and I don’t get to wear it........
Old 19 September 2019, 12:49 AM   #37
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:

How does this one make you feel?

Do you have other SS pieces? If so, do you still feel like putting them on even though you have this beast?
Old 19 September 2019, 02:19 AM   #38
bob78h
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610
I like the CHNR two tone. But I don't think they are that hard to get (relative to a lot of SS pieces, and depending on local market of course). There was a member on here who was offered 2 or 3 within the span of a few months. Definitely would not trade a BLNR for it.
bob78h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 02:50 AM   #39
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty22 View Post
Oh. Cue the:

1. Are you getting it because you want it and why does hard to get matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this question really get asked that often? Seems pretty obvious why someone would want to know if a watch is hard to get. They want to know if they will have trouble sourcing it at retail...Not a whole lot to interpret there.

To the OP - The CHNR is a stunning watch that just gets better and better the more time you spend with it (in my experience at least.) It isn't the easiest to find, but not to the same extent as the hot SS pieces. I think it depends quite a bit on your location. I live in LA, and if it weren't for a fellow forum member (who has also helped multiple other members - world class guy) I'd still be waiting for the call from any of the 3 or 4 AD's I inquired with some 7 - 8 months ago.

Good luck!
Largoshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 03:09 AM   #40
cleanupinaisle3
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR, DJ41, BB58
Do it! The rose gold has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Very subtle and classy.

Personally I wish it was called the cappuccino or espresso instead of Root Beer, but I guess it has to go along with the soft drink theme. I just hate root beer and love coffee. :)

cleanupinaisle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 03:18 AM   #41
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largoshark View Post
Does this question really get asked that often? Seems pretty obvious why someone would want to know if a watch is hard to get. They want to know if they will have trouble sourcing it at retail...Not a whole lot to interpret there.

To the OP - The CHNR is a stunning watch that just gets better and better the more time you spend with it (in my experience at least.) It isn't the easiest to find, but not to the same extent as the hot SS pieces. I think it depends quite a bit on your location. I live in LA, and if it weren't for a fellow forum member (who has also helped multiple other members - world class guy) I'd still be waiting for the call from any of the 3 or 4 AD's I inquired with some 7 - 8 months ago.

Good luck!
Thanks for the information. I have a good relation with an AD. He didn't have it in stock but I suppose he can find it for me soon. Hard part is financially at the moment I cannot have it as addition to collection so may need to sell the BLNR and get CHNR. The financial advantage is I can probably get close to CHNR retail price for my BLNR so contemplating with the idea. But I may regret selling the BLNR later. Want to see CHNR in person before making any decisions
mattsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 03:20 AM   #42
Tennessee BTick
"TRF" Member

I have the TT CHNR, and it is a real stunner. I bought it from the AD sight unseen and trusted my instinct. Perfect balance between luxury and sport. As others have said, pics don't do it justice, I think it's just such a beautiful watch.
Tennessee BTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 04:23 AM   #43
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Thanks for the information. I have a good relation with an AD. He didn't have it in stock but I suppose he can find it for me soon. Hard part is financially at the moment I cannot have it as addition to collection so may need to sell the BLNR and get CHNR. The financial advantage is I can probably get close to CHNR retail price for my BLNR so contemplating with the idea. But I may regret selling the BLNR later. Want to see CHNR in person before making any decisions
Totally get that. I'm not in the financial situation to own multiple luxury watches myself, so if one comes in, it usually means one has to go.

I can tell you this - I owned a BLNR briefly, and it did nothing for me. Sold it after a couple of months. The CHNR is in a completely different league IMHO. I think it is a no brainers to capitalize on the SS madness, and sell the BLNR now when you can get the most for it. Doing a lateral move from the BLNR to the CHNR is a win in my book.
Largoshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 04:46 AM   #44
Seafox0814
"TRF" Member

Bought the TT CHNR sight unseen, didn't regret it for a second. Got it in 3 months with no AD history, but that was back in 2018 before the word was out on how nice it looked.

Every AD I have been to has told me it's their favorite TT and that they think it's nicer overall than the BLRO and BLNR.

I know taste is subjective but the RG just bangs and this seems to be the consensus among dealers who have seen all the references in person.
Seafox0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 04:50 AM   #45
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largoshark View Post
Totally get that. I'm not in the financial situation to own multiple luxury watches myself, so if one comes in, it usually means one has to go.

I can tell you this - I owned a BLNR briefly, and it did nothing for me. Sold it after a couple of months. The CHNR is in a completely different league IMHO. I think it is a no brainers to capitalize on the SS madness, and sell the BLNR now when you can get the most for it. Doing a lateral move from the BLNR to the CHNR is a win in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafox0814 View Post
Bought the TT CHNR sight unseen, didn't regret it for a second. Got it in 3 months with no AD history, but that was back in 2018 before the word was out on how nice it looked.

Every AD I have been to has told me it's their favorite TT and that they think it's nicer overall than the BLRO and BLNR.

I know taste is subjective but the RG just bangs and this seems to be the consensus among dealers who have seen all the references in person.
My BLNR has become a bit boring and I my purchase decision may have been biased by the hype which starts to tamper once you actually get the piece. Also with gold prices going up in the market, I think Rolex may raise gold model prices inevitably next year and they may become fashionable after SS madness goes away. Just let my AD know to call me when they get one
Old 19 September 2019, 05:16 AM   #46
Mr Biggles
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC Reverso 1948
Looks great, even better then the SS versions!

Does anybody know if these new GMT's had the case redesigns (with slimmer lugs?) or was there no difference between CHNR and the older oyster BLNR case?

Also does anybody has some pics with a small wrist (6 ~ 6.3 inch) :0
Mr Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 05:25 AM   #47
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biggles View Post

Does anybody know if these new GMT's had the case redesigns (with slimmer lugs?) or was there no difference between CHNR and the older oyster BLNR case?

From the photos, they seem to have same lugs as new Batman/Pepsi. Found this photo from another thread on TRF on this

Old 19 September 2019, 05:31 AM   #48
marcusp23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, CHNR an
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
From the photos, they seem to have same lugs as new Batman/Pepsi. Found this photo from another thread on TRF on this

That’s a good picture that shows the TT pretty well in my view. I have the TT CHNR and love it. Definitely adds some flavor to my collection
marcusp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 05:35 AM   #49
24 nights
Banned

Watch: 43sd +Daytona's
If you lived in my area you could of had it yesterday
24 nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 05:44 AM   #50
tcheeco
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Cog-Neeto View Post
How does this one make you feel?

Do you have other SS pieces? If so, do you still feel like putting them on even though you have this beast?
Yes I have other SS pieces. I feel like wearing 218g against the 148g of the 116710BLNR (both with 1 link removed). It’s heavy indeed
tcheeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 06:17 AM   #51
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

I wonder how much heavier the TT is compared to Pepsi or new Batman? Does anyone have one to weigh?
Old 19 September 2019, 06:22 AM   #52
APPRF
"TRF" Member

I have a TT CHNR , and when I tried the BLNR at the AD it felt so light.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 06:24 AM   #53
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 nights View Post
If you lived in my area you could of had it yesterday
sent a PM
Old 19 September 2019, 06:32 AM   #54
MesaSean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711CHNR
I kept in touch with an AD for 2 years until I got the call this summer. Never saw one in person but I knew when I first saw it revealed at Basel 2018, this was going to be my grail watch. I watched so many YouTube reviews on it and posts... I just knew I had to have it.

Ever since I got it from my AD, I find it hard to wear my Hulk LV Sub or Oyster BLNR! The rose gold and bezel is stunning in person. Not too flashy, but it does get way more attention then I expected.

I almost settled for a Two tone chocolate dial Yachtmaster a month prior! lol I just love rose gold and my old 16622.... and an AD had gotten one in. Stunning watch but glad I held out for the 126711CHNR and did not have to pay the premium. (They are going for 17-18K right.... crazy)

Pics!

2019 GMT Master II 126711CHNR Root Beer
2017 Submariner Hulk 116610LV
2017 GMT Master II 116710BLNR Batman
https://www.instagram.com/mesa_sean/
MesaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 06:37 AM   #55
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaSean View Post
I kept in touch with an AD for 2 years until I got the call this summer. Never saw one in person but I knew when I first saw it revealed at Basel 2018, this was going to be my grail watch. I watched so many YouTube reviews on it and posts... I just knew I had to have it.

Ever since I got it from my AD, I find it hard to wear my Hulk LV Sub or Oyster BLNR! The rose gold and bezel is stunning in person. Not too flashy, but it does get way more attention then I expected.

I almost settled for a Two tone chocolate dial Yachtmaster a month prior! lol I just love rose gold and my old 16622.... and an AD had gotten one in. Stunning watch but glad I held out for the 126711CHNR and did not have to pay the premium. (They are going for 17-18K right.... crazy)
Man these photos are now torturing me because ADs around me dont have one so have to wait. It definitely is more interesting to look at than BLNR that I currently have
Old 19 September 2019, 06:42 AM   #56
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

i was at an AD last week.... zero SS/PM/TT professionals minus a YMII and a TT daytona, Zero DD 40mm, two DJ 41 and they had the TT CHNR. Its very easy to get, it appears

I quite like it and im not a TT guy
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 09:01 AM   #57
petay993
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD MN21, BLRO
5k grey premium in the UK suggests it might not be that easy to get
petay993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 10:25 AM   #58
pkincy
"TRF" Member

And $4-5k premium on Chrono24.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 11:00 AM   #59
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biggles View Post

I’m about 6.75” - here’s some pics.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 11:26 AM   #60
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
I’m about 6.75” - here’s some pics.
Great photos! How long have you had if for? How's the scratch situation in PCLs and on clasp?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk