The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 21 January 2010, 07:34 AM   #1
robsteve
"TRF" Member

Rolex Part Number Pattern

I just found some old parts in my desk, probably from when my Explorer was last worked on eight years ago. They were the crystal, tube and crown. The crystal looks like it yellowed with age and is well scratched and has a big crack in it. Along with this was the old tube and the old crown in the packs the new parts came in. These packs have the Rolex part numbers on them. I also have a 1980's vintage Date, that these may be from, but the crystal is definitely from the Explorer.

To the original question, is there a pattern to the parts numbers? Here is what I have:

242 24-6020 R-04

241 24-600-0 M-11

I assume the 242 is probably the prefix for tubes and the 241 for crowns.

What does the 24 mean?

Is there a significance to the M-11 and R-04, such as batch number or production date?

Regards,

Robert
robsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
The before or after numbers I believe is some sort of Rolex inventory control. The only numbers that mean anything is 24-6020 tube 24-600-0 crown the 0 for crown is for stainless if it ended in an eight it would be 18k gold in a 9 it would be white gold. the 24 is referencing crowns and tubes 25 is for all crystals 29 is for all gaskets.Part numbers go by calibre and then the part number say like 3135-568 would be for an axle and so on. Hope that helps Rik
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote