The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 17 April 2011, 05:06 AM   #61
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm800 View Post
Well OK I can respect that and I hope you will respect that I will never even consider buying from you.
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:09 AM   #62
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
I'm not sure what is more of a shame, the way this is being handled or the fact that this very prolific seller has not contributed even $25 to pledge and support the forum that has made him a great deal of money. I'm not sure why Steve allows that. The ability to post in the sales forum should be a privilege of forum patrons only, IMHO. It's only fair.
BTW, of your last 250 posts, zero were related to anything but sales. It's clear why you're here.
Totally agree, I have nothing else to add.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:10 AM   #63
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
I'd like to say, as a seller, i'm somewhat disappointed by this.

Gasman, please send the watch to my office (will PM you address) and we will have the watch regulated by Mr. Charlie Cleeves, no charge naturally. Will do my best to get it to you as quickly as possibe. If you need reassurance that your baby is safe with me, I'm sure you will find it here

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 17 April 2011, 05:11 AM   #64
witch watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH13GMT View Post
Am i missing something or do I recall the Op stating the case wasnt quite as described. The issue seems to be more than the watch needing regulation.
He did and he has stated that he was willing to let that slide as long as the watch was running correctly. For me the fact the watch was dinged and not described as such would have me returning it as soon as i had got it.

Hopefully there will be a happy ending for both here but i have to say the sellers responce has put me off considering future purchases from him.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:13 AM   #65
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post

Gasman, please send the watch to my office (will PM you address) and we will have the watch regulated by Mr. Charlie Cleeves, no charge naturally. Will do my best to get it to you as quickly as possibe. If you need reassurance that your baby is safe with me, I'm sure you will find it here
Is this a seller who KNOWS how to treat a customer or what.

PS. I bought a watch from a private party last night with some hairline scratches, can I send it to you?
Old 17 April 2011, 05:13 AM   #66
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:

As always Greg, a true gentleman!!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 17 April 2011, 05:14 AM   #67
Ebruner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118208
Quote:
Originally Posted by faingator View Post
I have been a TRF member since Nov 2009. I've conducted myself as required by the rules of the forum. I post periodically to the general forums, sell, and buy watches here on TRF. I've communicated with some extremely nice members. I've never been rude or disrespectfully to anyone on the forum.

I described a pre-owned watch as accurately as I could. I timed the watch and it was +2 in a 24 hr period. This information was given to the buyer prior to the sale. Any question the buyer had prior to the sale, he asked and I answered.

IMO, the watch I sold is working fine. If the buyer wants to regulate the watch to his specification, he has every right to do that but he should bare the cost.
You may want to mark this exact moment in time down as the instant you watch flipping business died.

-Eddie
Old 17 April 2011, 05:15 AM   #68
689maple

Watch: 116718 PP & B Bay
Quote:

What a gentlemanly thing to do. You may be certain I will check with you when I buy another watch.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:15 AM   #69
mjm800
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow what a gesture my hat off to you sir!
Old 17 April 2011, 05:16 AM   #70
witch watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm800 View Post
Wow what a gesture my hat off to you sir!
+ 1
Old 17 April 2011, 05:16 AM   #71
Kanger
Banned

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.brian View Post
i'm not sure what is more of a shame, the way this is being handled or the fact that this very prolific seller has not contributed even $25 to pledge and support the forum that has made him a great deal of money. I'm not sure why steve allows that. The ability to post in the sales forum should be a privilege of forum patrons only, imho. It's only fair.
Btw, of your last 250 posts, zero were related to anything but sales. It's clear why you're here.
+100
Old 17 April 2011, 05:17 AM   #72
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Other than the timing issue, which could just be a bad luck knock during shipping, there were undisclosed defects. No resolution there either.

It's strange, I don't sell anything at all, but I would try harder to maintain my good reputation than this prolific seller has.
Maybe he's going out of business.

十人十色
Old 17 April 2011, 05:18 AM   #73
Kapture1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω 3570.50.00
I am in sales, and if their was an issue with the products I sold, I get to show the real reason they bought From me in the first place.... SERVICE.

How much would splitting the cost of a regulation really cost you? In my time I've had to step up and pay out of my own pocket to make things right. Then again, I like to sleep at night. I have looked at some of your watches in the past, and came really close to buying a Sub from you a few months ago. By stepping up and making this right, you might cement yourself as a trusted seller in the face of an issue that has been made public.

You have been given the chance to resolve this issue in front of possible future buyers, yet you won't.....

Wash out this tired notion that the best is yet to come
Old 17 April 2011, 05:19 AM   #74
chicagofan
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What a generous and fantastic offer! I wonder from whom I'd be more likely to buy a watch, Mosco or Faingator?
Old 17 April 2011, 05:21 AM   #75
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit78 View Post
I must admit, this post really struck me. While I am merely expressing my own opinion, I personally think that if you use this fine community for business purposes, as I occasionally do, it is only fair/right to contribute. Just my $0.02.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
I'm not sure what is more of a shame, the way this is being handled or the fact that this very prolific seller has not contributed even $25 to pledge and support the forum that has made him a great deal of money. I'm not sure why Steve allows that. The ability to post in the sales forum should be a privilege of forum patrons only, IMHO. It's only fair.
BTW, of your last 250 posts, zero were related to anything but sales. It's clear why you're here.
These are very good points. Maybe before you can buy and sell you should have to pledge. It's not much, but it is a clear sign that you support this forum and its members

Quote:

This is exactly the response I would expect from one of TRF's most beloved sellers and contributors. Pure class

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Old 17 April 2011, 05:21 AM   #76
__ma

Watch: Explorer II
As a minimum the seller should cover the fee for repair and be aware the buyer has rights.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:21 AM   #77
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Honesty, this thread is like watching a train-wreck. I'm horrified, feel bad, but I can't look away.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:21 AM   #78
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Stop guys, I appreciate it, but this isn't some publicity thing. A wrong needs righted.

And - sorry - guess I should mention that Charlie Cleeves is an extremely respected independent, who happens to be within driving distance of my office.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 17 April 2011, 05:22 AM   #79
Kapture1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω 3570.50.00
Quote:

Gator, take notes. This is what it means to be a good guy.

Ever heard of under promise and over deliver?

Wash out this tired notion that the best is yet to come
Old 17 April 2011, 05:22 AM   #80
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
I have been a TRF member since Nov 2009. I've conducted myself as required by the rules of the forum. I post periodically to the general forums, sell, and buy watches here on TRF. I've communicated with some extremely nice members. I've never been rude or disrespectfully to anyone on the forum.

I described a pre-owned watch as accurately as I could. I timed the watch and it was +2 in a 24 hr period. This information was given to the buyer prior to the sale. Any question the buyer had prior to the sale, he asked and I answered.

IMO, the watch I sold is working fine. If the buyer wants to regulate the watch to his specification, he has every right to do that but he should bare the cost.
A disappointing reply/response....
It is your prerogative, but I believe you just shot yourself in the foot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Everyone remember to keep it as polite as possible.

You are all welcome to give your opinions though. Me, I'd have refunded by now.
My reputation (such that it may be) is more important than a couple of quid/bucks.

I'd like to reiterate this.....Keep it above board and stay on the high road with the responses and it'll be allowed to continue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 689maple View Post
What a gentlemanly thing to do. You may be certain I will check with you when I buy another watch.
You'll be hard pressed to find such a fair and honest seller as Greg!! (+ a couple of others!)

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 17 April 2011, 05:22 AM   #81
ally
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
It seems like the buyer has lost faith in the seller which is a shame as I am sure it could have been resolved with a bit of give & take on both sides
16610 LV.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:35 AM   #82
gasman94
"TRF" Member

First, let me say thank you to this forum. I wasn't exactly sure how a person with zero posts would be greeted while complaining about a well known seller on this site. You all have been very welcoming and I look forward to spending more time here.

I figure I have gotten about as far as I am going to get with Richard. I am glad that the truth is now out there so others will not have the same experience.

Greg, thank you for your generous offer. I will be in touch via pm soon.

Gasman
Old 17 April 2011, 05:36 AM   #83
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ally View Post
It seems like the buyer has lost faith in the seller which is a shame as I am sure it could have been resolved with a bit of give & take on both sides
I think the buyer lost faith in the seller when the watch arrived with defects not described, and actually denied, and in need of a regulation. Hope of agreement probably went out the window when the seller asked for a letter from Rolex identifying the timing issues.
My reply would have been, "sorry, I don't know how I missed the dings. Send it back immediately if you're not satisfied.". Or maybe offer a reasonable monetary concession as an alternative.

十人十色
Old 17 April 2011, 05:36 AM   #84
britincali
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600,16570,6098
This.....

Quote:

Should be....

I am very sorry your unhappy with your purchase I will more than happily refund your money in full plus shipping.

Old 17 April 2011, 05:43 AM   #85
labguy
"TRF" Member

Great example of Buyer beware

Exactly.

I just hope all of the folks on TZ and watchuseek know exactly what kind of seller this poerson is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britincali View Post
This.....

Should be....

I am very sorry your unhappy with your purchase I will more than happily refund your money in full plus shipping.

Old 17 April 2011, 05:44 AM   #86
MonBK
Banned

With all the cards now on the table I have a question for the powers to be.

Suppose this seller continuous to sell on this forum and as not many members gets down to this section to read about this wouldn't it be beneficial to have some kind of warning/attention next to his name?

I was thinking something like: If you buy from me and something goes wrong, you're on your own as I don't stand behind my products.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:46 AM   #87
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post

Suppose this seller continuous to sell on this forum and as not many members gets down to this section to read about this wouldn't it be beneficial to have some kind of warning/attention next to his name?

I was thinking something like: If you buy from me and something goes wrong, you're on your own as I don't stand behind my products.
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:49 AM   #88
Brit78
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That's the Greg I know and love! First class all the way. For what it's worth, I use Charlie personally and he does great work! Mark Theken and Dan Pierce can attest to this as well.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:49 AM   #89
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post

I've already removed his current offerings.

We have to consider the well being of the membership.

As for future listings ... we'll cross that bridge at the point that he feels that it's appropriate to list any.
Old 17 April 2011, 05:50 AM   #90
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebruner View Post
You may want to mark this exact moment in time down as the instant you watch flipping business died.

-Eddie
x 2.

Quote:

Greg mate despite your Will-esque t-shirts you're clearly an honourable gentleman & I genuinely look forward to buying from you some day.

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
Closed Thread