The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 March 2018, 03:31 AM   #1
Rb10chris
"TRF" Member

Thoughts on this 3590.50?

I've been looking for a tritium speedy, came across a 3590.50 at a decent price. Besides the case being heavily polished, is there anything I'm missing on the quality of this watch? 48.3m serial

Rb10chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 07:44 AM   #2
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I don't see any red flag. Beautiful Speedy.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2018, 05:24 PM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Looks good. That's a rare and really likable bracelet, BTW. The links taper from 20mm at the lugs to 16mm at the clasp (new ones are 18mm at the clasp). The clasp isn't quite as secure as the newer ones with buttons, but the classic taper of the bracelet is worth it, I think. Also, you probably will need to source the correct springbars for fitting that bracelet to the case, as it looks to me like the ones installed now are either totally shot or are the wrong spec. With the correct ones installed, the gap you see between the end-links and the case in these photos should be eliminated.

I saw a posting somewhere for a 3590 with a dial and hands that looked this nice, but on an earlier bracelet. I'll forward a link if I can recall where it was (I think it was WUS, and I think he wanted $3,200 for it, in case you're inclined to run a search).
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2018, 05:19 AM   #4
Rb10chris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I don't see any red flag. Beautiful Speedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Looks good. That's a rare and really likable bracelet, BTW. The links taper from 20mm at the lugs to 16mm at the clasp (new ones are 18mm at the clasp). The clasp isn't quite as secure as the newer ones with buttons, but the classic taper of the bracelet is worth it, I think. Also, you probably will need to source the correct springbars for fitting that bracelet to the case, as it looks to me like the ones installed now are either totally shot or are the wrong spec. With the correct ones installed, the gap you see between the end-links and the case in these photos should be eliminated.

I saw a posting somewhere for a 3590 with a dial and hands that looked this nice, but on an earlier bracelet. I'll forward a link if I can recall where it was (I think it was WUS, and I think he wanted $3,200 for it, in case you're inclined to run a search).
Thanks for the input guys. I've been looking at other examples of unpolished cases and probably will pass on this one, even though its cheap. Didn't notice the issue with the springbars, thanks for pointing that out too!
Rb10chris is offline   Reply With Quote