The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 March 2018, 04:47 AM   #1
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
New GMT is why the Super Jublee is Soooo Hard to get!

I've been looking for a 63600 for several months now. They are hard to find and the prices have shot up. Now we see why... The new Pepsi GMT is sporting a Jubilee bracelet!

Rolex clearly wanted to take them off the market before they released the new GMT at Baselworld 2018.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 04:47 AM   #2
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
I've been looking for a 63600 for several months now. They are hard to find and the prices have shot up. Now we see why... The new Pepsi GMT is sporting a Jubilee bracelet!

Rolex clearly wanted to take them off the market before they released the new GMT at Baselworld 2018.
Davidsw gets them fairly regulary
Old 22 March 2018, 04:50 AM   #3
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
I honestly feel that the new watches released by both Rolex and Tudor are going to bring down prices for a lot of watches that have seemed to be in a bubble recently with no real fundamentals under them. Just my opinion I suppose.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 04:56 AM   #4
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I honestly feel that the new watches released by both Rolex and Tudor are going to bring down prices for a lot of watches that have seemed to be in a bubble recently with no real fundamentals under them. Just my opinion I suppose.
Lol not going to happen.
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 05:14 AM   #5
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Watch: shopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
?

Rolex never puts them "on the market." They're sold by people who work at ADs or have parts accounts. And not with Rolex's blessing, that's for sure.

If it were up to Rolex, nobody would EVER be allowed to modify/change anything on their watch compared to how it left the factory.

Prices have shot up because anything and everything Rolex-related has shot up recently. There's no rhyme or reason. It's simply resellers in a race to see who can ask the most and get away with it.
Old 22 March 2018, 05:47 AM   #6
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi46 View Post
?

Rolex never puts them "on the market." They're sold by people who work at ADs or have parts accounts. And not with Rolex's blessing, that's for sure.

If it were up to Rolex, nobody would EVER be allowed to modify/change anything on their watch compared to how it left the factory.

Prices have shot up because anything and everything Rolex-related has shot up recently. There's no rhyme or reason. It's simply resellers in a race to see who can ask the most and get away with it.
I spoke with a few AD's and they were told by Rolex they would Not sell one unless you returned your old one. They weren't on the internet or on a sales data sheet but they were for sale.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote