The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 March 2018, 09:40 PM   #1
BawlaDK
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800 Submariner
AP 5402 future investment piece

Where do you see an AP 5402 in terms of future value? Likely to increase or decrease in value? Seems to me that compared to a 3700 Nautilus the 5402 is an absolute bargain – And the original Genta design…

I am contemplating letting a few pieces go to get my hands on one. Not too worried about the caliber or anything as these have been around for +40 years and are still being used in the 15202 to this day….

Just like to hear people in the AP games opinion on these watches?
BawlaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 12:59 AM   #2
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
I personally think there is a lot more to go in terms of vintage AP as a whole and especially with the 5402. I think you’ll see the A, B, and some of the C series with the AP logo at 6 increase in value over time. I would love to get one of these but they don’t seem to surface that often for sale either.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 05:06 AM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
5402 is a very safe buy and will probably ascend in normal market conditions, but in a few years who knows where we will be?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 05:28 PM   #4
BawlaDK
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800 Submariner
I just cant help think that a 5402 is a much better buy for the money than a 3700 Nautilus, which has now become insanely expensive….. I know that Patek is Patek and AP will never BE PP, but to me the Royal Oak is THE quintessential Genta design and so much more attractive than the Nautilus will ever be… This is of course highly subjective

I just agreed on a trade with two watches for a mint 5402…. So I have made my decision. I believe that the 5402 is the greatest watch produced in the last 50 years or so…
BawlaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 12:55 AM   #5
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BawlaDK View Post
I just cant help think that a 5402 is a much better buy for the money than a 3700 Nautilus, which has now become insanely expensive….. I know that Patek is Patek and AP will never BE PP, but to me the Royal Oak is THE quintessential Genta design and so much more attractive than the Nautilus will ever be… This is of course highly subjective

I just agreed on a trade with two watches for a mint 5402…. So I have made my decision. I believe that the 5402 is the greatest watch produced in the last 50 years or so…
congrats on finding a mint one. Please take pics when you get it!
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 07:34 AM   #6
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by BawlaDK View Post

I agree I would by this seminal game-changing piece over the original Nautilus, altho I do prefer the Nautilus design. I've thought about a birth year a few times.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2018, 06:09 AM   #7
Wembleyisgreen
Banned

Watch: 214270
Keep it for a long long time and then maybe.
Wembleyisgreen is offline   Reply With Quote