The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 8 February 2015, 04:26 AM   #31
Lgear080
Banned

I thought the complaint was valid and description painfully familiar.
I scrutinized my first Daytona too ... Op deserves a properly running watch.
Old 8 February 2015, 04:30 AM   #32
rozyd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD,DD,Exp1,Daytona
Just glad you found the issue Guest. Might be pure happenstance, but I will be scruitinizing the start stop more often as well now. good thing you are currently under warranty.
Old 8 February 2015, 04:31 AM   #33
golfineveryday1010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest Account View Post
I apologize profusely.

I'm sure it's entirely my fault that you somehow got duped into reading and commenting on this thread. I can only assume it was poor word choice on my part. After all, "Problematic Daytona, poor RSC workmanship" obviously indicates a happy, celebratory thread full of pictures of unicorns with 116250s on their horns.

I'll strive for greater clarity next time.
Haha. We all look forward to your improved clarity.

That's extremely unfortunate. I would be trying my best to have the watch replaced.

Hopefully you get everything resolved to your satisfaction!

Mike
Old 8 February 2015, 04:36 AM   #34
Rolex king 68
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5074P
To start off is your ad a authorized dealer? He should be doing this for you!
They can call their Rolex rep and start this process. I would seek a attorneys letter and send it to NYC headquarters. Enough is enough you got to demand a new one.
Old 8 February 2015, 04:38 AM   #35
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex king 68 View Post
They can call their Rolex rep and start this process. I would seek a attorneys letter and send it to NYC headquarters. Enough is enough you got to demand a new one.
This
Old 8 February 2015, 04:39 AM   #36
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

That really sucks when it happens to a new watch and you have to go through all that repair business. But hang in there, they will definitely get your watch back in perfect order.
Old 8 February 2015, 04:42 AM   #37
2Redbulls
"TRF" Member

Watch: I give up..
I hope that Rolex comes through for you and offers a brand new replacement or at least a brand new (entire) movement.

While their error rate is low in comparison to production, unfortunately these things happen and it really sucks when it happens to you. Its up to Rolex to solve these issues to the customers satisfaction in a timely manner. I hope they come through for you. Please post the final outcome.
Old 8 February 2015, 04:50 AM   #38
rollee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: it watching me
It is painful to read your experience, I am sorry to hear any new Rolex owner going through this frustration. Nonetheless a brand new 116520!
If this happens to me, right from the start I would have demanded a new watch or a full refund. There is no running around waiting for repairs and such. It's BS to me. Unacceptable.

A Swatch or Seiko would have simply been replaced or refunded.
A new Rolex experience should be of sweet dreams, not sleepless nightmares of worry.

Stand firm and best of luck.
Old 8 February 2015, 05:01 AM   #39
BoyhoodDreamDaytona
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
How unfortunate.

I would do as the majority have advised. DEMAND a new watch.

Personally I feel the AD should honour this.

Laurence
Old 8 February 2015, 05:13 AM   #40
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
I hope you get a quick resolution. Now I am tempted to stop my Daytona at 37 seconds...touch wood
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Old 8 February 2015, 05:22 AM   #41
sportsmaven20
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Quote:
+1...get your AD involved in this ASAP and do not settle for anything less than a brand new replacement!
Old 8 February 2015, 05:58 AM   #42
Guest Account

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyhoodDreamDaytona View Post
How unfortunate.

I would do as the majority have advised. DEMAND a new watch.

Personally I feel the AD should honour this.

Laurence
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmaven20 View Post
+1...get your AD involved in this ASAP and do not settle for anything less than a brand new replacement!

Thanks for reminding me to get the AD involved--it didn't cross my mind for some reason.

Per the suggestions, I called the salesman who sold me the watch a few minutes ago to see how receptive he would be to the idea of getting involved. He seemed very open to the idea of involving his rep should the situation require further escalation. Depending on the condition the watch comes back from RSC, and what measures were taken (new movement?), that may or may not be necessary.

If it's not absolutely, microscopically flawless, I'll politely and firmly request a new Daytona. I don't think it's out of line to expect and demand perfection from a $12k steel watch.
Old 8 February 2015, 06:08 AM   #43
GTC
Banned

Watch: 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
As it is so new, I would push for a replacement watch.
Yes! Or at least a full replacement movement.
Old 8 February 2015, 06:09 AM   #44
Reu
Banned

Quote:
I apologize profusely.

I'm sure it's entirely my fault that you somehow got duped into reading and commenting on this thread. I can only assume it was poor word choice on my part. After all, "Problematic Daytona, poor RSC workmanship" obviously indicates a happy, celebratory thread full of pictures of unicorns with 116250s on their horns.

Every now and then a TRF member posts something golden.

This is one of those moments.

You've been patient, you've given them the chance to make good, they didn't make this happen.

Demand a new Daytona and don't accept anything less.
Old 8 February 2015, 07:14 AM   #45
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reu View Post
Every now and then a TRF member posts something golden.

This is one of those moments.

You've been patient, you've given them the chance to make good, they didn't make this happen.

Demand a new Daytona and don't accept anything less.
X2.......No question........once a lemon.......

And your AD is the person who should be talking to about a replacement.......Rolex will always talk repair.......because that's what they do.......they make watches and repair them......Your AD,on the other hand, sold you the watch and your consumer rights are with him.......

In the UK under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 you would have a right to a repair or replacement if the item sold was not fit for purpose.......typically this would be up to 6 months but under the Limitation Act 1980, can be up to 6 years depending on the product and expected lifespan. You have given them the opportunity to repair ......now it's time to insist on a replacement...........
Old 8 February 2015, 07:17 AM   #46
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
I just stopped my chrono at every second to make sure I didn't have the same issue.
Old 8 February 2015, 08:03 AM   #47
wolffram
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
I apologize profusely.

The problem isn't funny at all, but this post is
Chin up mate, it will work out for you. I agree with several others; I think I would be jumping up and down for a new watch, or at least a replacement movement.
Old 8 February 2015, 09:02 AM   #48
ajg1960
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ / ND Sub
Sorry for your troubles. I agree with others that if it's less than perfect after this repair attempt I would want a new watch.
Old 8 February 2015, 09:14 AM   #49
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

I would push for a new watch.
Old 8 February 2015, 10:22 AM   #50
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

New watch - unacceptable
Old 8 February 2015, 10:27 AM   #51
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
I would ask for a new watch id be enraged
Old 8 February 2015, 02:28 PM   #52
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
New watch. Without question.
Old 8 February 2015, 05:43 PM   #53
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
Inspect the watch before you leave the building. Also look for hairlines on the case back. They tend to leave little scratch marks.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Old 8 February 2015, 05:45 PM   #54
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
Quote:

If it's not absolutely, microscopically flawless, I'll politely and firmly request a new Daytona. I don't think it's out of line to expect and demand perfection from a $12k steel watch.
Hell yeah.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Old 8 February 2015, 06:09 PM   #55
Banned

Interesting, thanks for the post, hope everything is ok, keep us in the loop!
Old 8 February 2015, 10:26 PM   #56
regnant
"TRF" Member

Hopefully, things will get in your way whether a brand new watch or fully repaired movement
Old 8 February 2015, 11:21 PM   #57
rozyd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD,DD,Exp1,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrismanX View Post
I just stopped my chrono at every second to make sure I didn't have the same issue.
I'm about to do that too today.... was wearing the Hublot the past two days. Not that Rolex would do anything for me, but for my own OCD... peace of mind.
Old 8 February 2015, 11:31 PM   #58
Edwin Ong
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6694,PP5035,116718
Icon12

I do face the same problem for my pervious 16523, it stop at 35~37 second mark ! it made me feel uncertain for this Zenith 4030 movemen , I then send the watch for repair at Rolex service Center in Gunagzhou Chain. lucky it work well after the repair and service. but lost the confident ! and trade in to YM 16623 at Hong kong used watch shop !
Now get another Daytona of 116528 - seem the GOLD bring me back the confident ! never the less ROLEX still the best only name i own.
Old 9 February 2015, 12:12 AM   #59
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
This is quite the interesting post for me. First of all from the standpoint of the OP who has a watch with a peculiar problem from a reputable manufacturer who produces millions of watches that perform up to spec. Next from the standpoint of the subsequent poster whose sarcasm prevails and the response by the OP is just as sarcastic. While humorous and satisfying to the OP it rarely is appropriate to respond tit for tat. Lastly from all those who "demand" a new watch. Yes that would be nice, but in my experience demands in corporations rarely get the attention that situations properly voiced do. Patience is a virtue and certainly the keyword here. Rolex needs to be given every opportunity to fix this situation. Sometimes that takes many tries. Your rights if any are with the authorized dealer who sold it to you under the Uniform Commercial Code. The OP was quite right in getting them involved in the situation. If nothing else they certainly have more say with Rolex then the consumer.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
Old 9 February 2015, 01:32 AM   #60
Reu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfrank View Post
This is quite the interesting post for me. First of all from the standpoint of the OP who has a watch with a peculiar problem from a reputable manufacturer who produces millions of watches that perform up to spec. Next from the standpoint of the subsequent poster whose sarcasm prevails and the response by the OP is just as sarcastic. While humorous and satisfying to the OP it rarely is appropriate to respond tit for tat. Lastly from all those who "demand" a new watch. Yes that would be nice, but in my experience demands in corporations rarely get the attention that situations properly voiced do. Patience is a virtue and certainly the keyword here. Rolex needs to be given every opportunity to fix this situation. Sometimes that takes many tries. Your rights if any are with the authorized dealer who sold it to you under the Uniform Commercial Code. The OP was quite right in getting them involved in the situation. If nothing else they certainly have more say with Rolex then the consumer.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... oops fell asleep for a moment there...
Closed Thread