The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 October 2016, 02:10 PM   #1
mrexit
"TRF" Member

Looking for advice on a very specific Lady Datejust

Hi all,

I'm wanting to get my wife the classic Rolex model she's got her heart set on, And was hoping if anyone could let me know what the status of the model is?

Is it a current one? I'd like to get one new, but none of the stores I've seen have it. If it's an old model, does anyone know when they stopped making it?

From what I can see it's code is 179174-BLSJ. A lady Datejust, Jubilee, fluted bezel, blue face with sticks.

http://imgur.com/a/aKmoG

I've found silver and black faces just like this, but not the blue. Is it something a dealer could get in for me or do I need to start looking second hand? Any help is appreciated
mrexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 07:01 PM   #2
Kippers
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K, BLNR, Hulk
These are available in the 31mm size. I will be purchasing one for my wife. It can come on jubilee (as in pic) or oyster bracelet. Looks stunning in the flesh. In 31mm it is a current model not sure what size this one is in the pic is.

Be sure to get her to try on for size. I thought the 26mm would be perfect for my wife's wrist. Too small. 31mm was the best fit.

Ref 178274

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Kippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 07:05 PM   #3
MonBK
Banned

The 179174 is 26 mm.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 07:07 PM   #4
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
This model should be readily available as is one of the classics !

Contact your local AD who should be able to get their hands on one knowing they have an imminent sale.
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 08:03 PM   #5
mrexit
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your help, have emailed my local AD who seemed to be more interested in getting us into something in the cabinet, to see if it's possible for them to find.

Will let you know how I get on.
Old 27 October 2016, 03:23 PM   #6
mrexit
"TRF" Member

Hmmm, so they've told me it's only available with roman numerals or with diamonds, not the sticks.

The ONLY place I've seen this online is either an 80's model or with the new bracelet at Jomashop, http://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-178274blsj.html

Is it a worry that they seem to be the only ones who carry this?
Old 28 October 2016, 02:20 AM   #7
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexit View Post
Hi all,

I'm wanting to get my wife the classic Rolex model she's got her heart set on, And was hoping if anyone could let me know what the status of the model is?

Is it a current one? I'd like to get one new, but none of the stores I've seen have it. If it's an old model, does anyone know when they stopped making it?

From what I can see it's code is 179174-BLSJ. A lady Datejust, Jubilee, fluted bezel, blue face with sticks.

http://imgur.com/a/aKmoG

I've found silver and black faces just like this, but not the blue. Is it something a dealer could get in for me or do I need to start looking second hand? Any help is appreciated
I'm not familiar with the model numbers you quote, but I'm certain it's only available in 31 mm. Check on the Rolex website regarding the sizes.
The model you seek is a Rolex standard/classic and is currently available as the Blue dial with stick markers. Also Pink, Silver, Rhodium, White and Black.

If it's not in stock it could very easily be ordered in for you with a short lead time, the only downside to this is it will be unlikely that you will be able to negotiate a discount if it's ordered in for you.

Check with the dealers as it should be in stock somewhere, that way you will likely be able to negotiate a bit on price.

It's a stunning watch in person and your lady will absolutely love the feel of the Jubilee bracelet as it's sublime.

Good luck with the hunt
Let us know how you go
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2016, 08:35 AM   #8
mrexit
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your help, after asking dealers in 3 Countries (I've been travelling a fair bit recently) they can't get the blue with sticks in the 26mm size.

She tried on the silver face and a darker face and preferred how the silver looked on from a distance. The dark face draws attention to the face. The silver face blends into band and her rings and complements them rather then stealing attention.

So we're both very happy with the new watch :)