The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 March 2018, 08:58 AM   #31
christopheran
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO Diver
I think the price on the BLNR will hold or rise. The Pepsi has brought more attention to the GMT line, which will help the BLNR imo. I asked a TS what they would pay for my BLNR that I got last month, and the number was more than MSRP. The BLNR is a much more versatile watch than the new Pepsi imo.
christopheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 09:10 AM   #32
Le14
"TRF" Member

Still trying to get my hands on one from an AD.

Pretty much impossible to get with anything off, but is it possible to get one with some something thrown in (winder, etc) or just ask and see? It'll be my first experience with this AD.
Le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 09:25 AM   #33
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sade View Post

Plus the BLNR has a different movement and I don't think a new issue will come out and even it is does, the original will always be the original.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Why won’t a new issue come out? The Submariner has been evolving for over 60 years; the GMTs have been around over 40 years as it is. What’s so difficult to imagine that the present BLNR will be discontinued to make way for an updated version with new movement and case?

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 09:26 AM   #34
christopheran
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le14 View Post
Still trying to get my hands on one from an AD.

Pretty much impossible to get with anything off, but is it possible to get one with some something thrown in (winder, etc) or just ask and see? It'll be my first experience with this AD.
I agree it’s a PITA to find, but it’s worth the effort. I was lucky enough to find a BLNR that was not spoken for... but haven’t heard back from the 2 dozen other AD’s who put me on their “list.”
Old 23 March 2018, 09:32 AM   #35
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
I really don’t think we’ll see any drop in prices or demand for the BLNR if the current environment continues. It’s not like the white Deep Sea that was made much less desirable by the D-Blue or the non-GV Milgauss with the GV. Some will prefer BLNR, some BLRO and some both.
Old 23 March 2018, 10:09 AM   #36
christopheran
"TRF" Member

Can’t imagine the Pepsi will ever take the place of my Batman. The Batman is a looks more youthful, sporty, and just so cool. I’ll be getting a Pepsi, but I don’t think I’ll be able to sell the Batman.
Old 23 March 2018, 10:21 AM   #37
lucevan le stelle
"TRF" Member

As a BLNR owner my sense is that it will be discontinued in a year or so, dependent on what best suits Rolex. The bigger issue is whether they will introduce a GMT variant that appeals to me the same way as the BLNR did. Frankly the Pepsi with the jubilee has me on the fence at the moment, and viewing the new Tudor GMT as more of a Rolex and way cheaper in terms of a buy.
lucevan le stelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 10:25 AM   #38
Hoboken30
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
im kinda shocked no one has created a tracker tool or site on watch prices. Reminds me of when I was a kid and they had the price guides for baseball cards. Get those rookie cards and watch em rise.
Hoboken30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 10:27 AM   #39
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboken30 View Post
im kinda shocked no one has created a tracker tool or site on watch prices. Reminds me of when I was a kid and they had the price guides for baseball cards. Get those rookie cards and watch em rise.
Watchbox has this. But it needs a lot of refinement.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 10:44 AM   #40
christopheran
"TRF" Member

The Watchbox app says the BLNR is worth $8,911... Our TS are offering more than that to sell a BLNR to them. They also value the Hulk at $8,417, meanwhile the Hulk is going for more than the Batman second hand.
Old 23 March 2018, 11:25 AM   #41
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopheran View Post
The Watchbox app says the BLNR is worth $8,911... Our TS are offering more than that to sell a BLNR to them. They also value the Hulk at $8,417, meanwhile the Hulk is going for more than the Batman second hand.
Exactly. Would be nice if they fixed this app and made it truly accurate.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:28 AM   #42
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I may sell my BLNR for a Pepsi. Probably should do it soon before the prices fall.
Good luck getting a Pepsi. You can prob get a blue sky-d or ss Daytona faster. Prob year or so wait.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:30 AM   #43
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
You can guarantee that they will discontinue one of their best sellers?
Rolex doesn't make logical decisions and we all know that now. No one thought rolex would make a SS Pepsi. No one thinks rolex would cut the BLNR but never say never.
Old 23 March 2018, 11:35 AM   #44
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
BLNR now has an outdated case and movement. People can ignore this all they want but I have zero incentive as a buyer to buy this watch when there are improved options out there.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:43 AM   #45
DHPSU
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
BLNR now has an outdated case and movement. People can ignore this all they want but I have zero incentive as a buyer to buy this watch when there are improved options out there.

Not improved with the BLNR color scheme. The BLNR will still reign supreme in the Rolex GMT line, even with its “outdated case and movement”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DHPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:45 AM   #46
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I disagree and the blnr will continue to be highly sought after. 99.99% of the people buying these watches are not on these forums and have no idea about updated movements and cases that have changed a fraction of a mm. Plus, its not like the 3186 is a slouch. the 3100 movement line is one of the most reliable and robust auto movements out there and is literally in millions and millions of watches that are running just fine and keeping spec. While these things may matter to a very small part of WIS dom, they don't to anyone else. You may have 0 incentive b/c the things you mentioned matter to you but thats you and not everyone else. And who's to say the case is improved? People may prefer the old case? and not need 70 hours p/r when 48 does just fine?
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:48 AM   #47
christopheran
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The case doesn’t look much different imo, but I do agree the new movement is a nice upgrade.
Old 23 March 2018, 11:50 AM   #48
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
It may get the modern day equivalent of the 3186 treatment the 5 digit GMTs did, but with case changes. Or perhaps it goes away once current warehouse inventory is gone, until the Oyster is back on the GMTs.

The 116520s stayed on Rolex's website for a while after Basel '16

My guess is it stays for a while. Rolex probably isn't going to move their remaining 3186/7s via the Explorer 2, so it probably will be via the BLNR for remaining marked for sale 3186 movements.

Isn't everyone going to lose their lid when Rolex comes out with the new WG 126719RONR next year with a cherry red bezel and a new Oyster bracelet and micro-adjustment. I can see it already why oh why did Rolex give us the "fake" red in SS and save the bright red for WG

I’m a bit of a newbie, having joined around the time I bought my Batman in June of last year, but I can tell you that most people are not obsessed with movements. My SS/YM is now 18 years old. Rolexes are built like tanks and built for life. And my BLNR is gaining ~ 1/3 of a second a day with its 3186 movement. I find that level of performance in a machine absolutely astonishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 March 2018, 11:52 AM   #49
christopheran
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
I’m a bit of a newbie, having joined around the time I bought my Batman in June of last year, but I can tell you that most people are not obsessed with movements. My SS/YM is now 18 years old. Rolexes are built like tanks and built for life. And my BLNR is gaining ~ 1/3 of a second a day with its 3186 movement. I find that level of performance in a machine absolutely astonishing.

People definitely care more about the cosmetic changes than the upgraded movements imo.
Old 23 March 2018, 12:05 PM   #50
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
Go to see DavidSW website:

https://davidsw.com/product/rolex-11...-master-ii-15/

The price of BNIB BLNR has been quickly raised to $10,875 today.

And DavidSW knows what he’s doing. He’s a stellar seller, btw. I’ve bought from him and recommend him without reservation. That said, it’s been what? A day? I wouldn’t jump to instant conclusions.

Old 23 March 2018, 12:08 PM   #51
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think the price on the BLNR will hold or rise. The Pepsi has brought more attention to the GMT line, which will help the BLNR imo. I asked a TS what they would pay for my BLNR that I got last month, and the number was more than MSRP. The BLNR is a much more versatile watch than the new Pepsi imo.

I love my Batman, but how is it more versatile?

Old 23 March 2018, 12:08 PM   #52
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
Why won’t a new issue come out? The Submariner has been evolving for over 60 years; the GMTs have been around over 40 years as it is. What’s so difficult to imagine that the present BLNR will be discontinued to make way for an updated version with new movement and case?

Exactly!

Old 23 March 2018, 12:09 PM   #53
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can’t imagine the Pepsi will ever take the place of my Batman. The Batman is a looks more youthful, sporty, and just so cool. I’ll be getting a Pepsi, but I don’t think I’ll be able to sell the Batman.

I agree!

Old 23 March 2018, 12:10 PM   #54
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevan le stelle View Post
As a BLNR owner my sense is that it will be discontinued in a year or so, dependent on what best suits Rolex. The bigger issue is whether they will introduce a GMT variant that appeals to me the same way as the BLNR did. Frankly the Pepsi with the jubilee has me on the fence at the moment, and viewing the new Tudor GMT as more of a Rolex and way cheaper in terms of a buy.

Why on earth would they discontinue it? It’s still in high demand and impossible to get.

Old 23 March 2018, 12:13 PM   #55
christopheran
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
Why on earth would they discontinue it? It’s still in high demand and impossible to get.

It may get discontinued when they release the 126710BLNR
Old 23 March 2018, 12:13 PM   #56
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
I disagree and the blnr will continue to be highly sought after. 99.99% of the people buying these watches are not on these forums and have no idea about updated movements and cases that have changed a fraction of a mm. Plus, its not like the 3186 is a slouch. the 3100 movement line is one of the most reliable and robust auto movements out there and is literally in millions and millions of watches that are running just fine and keeping spec. While these things may matter to a very small part of WIS dom, they don't to anyone else. You may have 0 incentive b/c the things you mentioned matter to you but thats you and not everyone else. And who's to say the case is improved? People may prefer the old case? and not need 70 hours p/r when 48 does just fine?

You said it better than I could. Before I joined TRF less than a year ago I knew nothing of movements and power reserves. My Batman’s 3186 is a wonder, and while I love the progress, don’t feel slighted that it doesn’t have a 70hour power reserve.

Old 23 March 2018, 12:15 PM   #57
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It may get discontinued when they release the 126710BLNR

Ok. I’m still new at this. I’d call a new BLNR evolution, not discontinuation.

Old 23 March 2018, 12:24 PM   #58
lig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Quote:
Yep - those 6263s and 4 / 5 digit references have really suffered in value because of their outdated movements and cases.
lig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 12:38 PM   #59
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by lig View Post
Yep - those 6263s and 4 / 5 digit references have really suffered in value because of their outdated movements and cases.
Apples and Oranges. The 6263’s were made in such small numbers. Rolex wasn’t pumping out 800k to 1 million watches a year back then. BLNR is a mass produced modern Rolex. It isn’t scarce or rare. Or vintage.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 12:58 PM   #60
arjuna.satria
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wonder why the Kermit is still in demand when the hulk came out then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
arjuna.satria is offline   Reply With Quote