The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 March 2018, 07:27 PM   #31
themast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesssteve View Post
THIS is what I want. I don't want a Pepsi with funky colors. I don't want a jubilee. I just want the red GMT hand for my black bezel GMT. Any chance I could get the hand and the dial from a BLRO and have it swapped? Anyone done this?
The hand should not be a problem. As for the dial, I am not sure. They made the bezel not compatible but I am not sure about the dial. Anybody?
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 08:11 PM   #32
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesssteve View Post
Any chance I could get the hand and the dial from a BLRO and have it swapped?
The dial from a BLNR and the red GMT hand from a BLRO would fit your LN. The BLNR dial would be the more correct option since the text is all white and doesn't have a coronet at 6 o'clock to denote the new movement.

As to where to have it done, LA Watchworks would be my suggestion. As to where to get the parts I'm not sure. There are a few people in the 'parts and accessories for sale' section here on TRF who seem to be able to source spare parts from Rolex Geneva. Perhaps one of them can help.

One major caveat is that Rolex USA can and likely will deny you service if you send your watch to them after modification. Or, they'll insist on swapping the original parts back and charge you for it. They're not keen on creating modified watches even if all parts are 100% genuine. All future services would likely have to be through LAWW.

Personally I'd love to see an LN made exactly as you describe. I miss the red GMT hand myself.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 11:52 PM   #33
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhawli View Post
My view is the changes are soo subtle, we’re having a hard time even on a side by side comparison, let alone on someone’s wrist! Bottom line is we still have a maxi case.

If I had to guess, the main difference is the spring bar holes repositioned so that you can put the Oyster bracelet on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ding, ding, ding!!!!
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 11:02 AM   #34
themast
"TRF" Member

By the way I think I figured it out.

It goes like this. Rolex execs were tired of reading Padi’s post Basel posts to the tune of ‘it is hardly a new watch, just a different bezel insert’. So they required to ever so slightly change the case design so that the entire production line had to be altered and everybody could understand why the wait list is 30 years.

We all should thank Padi for that!!
themast is offline   Reply With Quote