The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 May 2022, 12:48 PM   #31
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Awesome idea.

Any suggestions for the 6119R?

Not so formal as the brown shiny strap, but still goes well with a classic rose gold.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2022, 02:14 PM   #32
David001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw0n View Post
I liked a suede and nubuck grey strap on mine:

But I'm also in the midst of looking for a matte croc strap. Probably in black or dark grey.
That looks really good, I turned down one of these but I wish I'd bought it now just so I could wear it with that suede strap.
David001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2022, 01:40 PM   #33
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

I love straps and believe the need for white gold spring bars is mostly marketing from Patek. IMO stainless steel works just fine.

Regardless of whether it’s stainless or WG, if you’re not skilled at removing/installing the strap you’ll scratch the inside lugs no matter what. It’s an exercise where practice makes perfect. And good eyesight helps.

I’m really loving all the color options I see here. One other thing I’m personally passionate about — I think that if you are buying a luxury timepiece, you shouldn’t skimp on the quality/price of the strap. Not all straps are created equal. How the strap feels on the wrist, how it fits, how it wears over time, is it thick enough for the watch, etc. are all worthwhile considerations.
Old 26 May 2022, 08:37 AM   #34
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raemondo View Post
I love straps and believe the need for white gold spring bars is mostly marketing from Patek. IMO stainless steel works just fine.

Regardless of whether it’s stainless or WG, if you’re not skilled at removing/installing the strap you’ll scratch the inside lugs no matter what. It’s an exercise where practice makes perfect. And good eyesight helps.
I hear you here.

I’m as cack handed as anyone but over the years with Panerai watches I’ve learnt how to change straps and remove the grief from the process. I’ve found that a) putting tape over the watch head/lugs and then b) use the OEM or the right after market screwdriver to remove/reattach the strap pushed through the tape removes the “oh bugger I’ve scratched this to hell” moment.

Plus having a Cape Cod on hand always tidies up a small mark too.

HTH
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 01:41 PM   #35
Raemondo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
I hear you here.

I’m as cack handed as anyone but over the years with Panerai watches I’ve learnt how to change straps and remove the grief from the process. I’ve found that a) putting tape over the watch head/lugs and then b) use the OEM or the right after market screwdriver to remove/reattach the strap pushed through the tape removes the “oh bugger I’ve scratched this to hell” moment.

Plus having a Cape Cod on hand always tidies up a small mark too.

HTH
Tape is a MUST!! I always use them when changing straps.
Old 1 June 2023, 01:40 AM   #36
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBrandal View Post
Patek AD's have a full catalogue of OEM straps to order. in addition they can custom make any color/leather/stitching combination.
Interesting. All I've seen online was brown and black. It would be nice to have options. From what I know Camille Fournet is the OEM maker so might be worth taking a look at their website.

https://www.camillefournet.com/
Old 1 June 2023, 03:08 PM   #37
h.to
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabes View Post
Hey guys,

Was just wondering what other strap options there would be for the 6119 since the OEM strap looks so formal. I know its a dress watch but I just love it and wish there was a way to daily it with a casual to smart casual vibe. I've heard that you are able to get other OEM straps from the Patek AD and they have a catalogue for you to choose from (not sure if this is true). Or are there any other third party strap companies that you guys would recommend?

Cheers,
Patek has a catalogue they pull out when you take delivery. They're all very nice and priced accordingly. But the wait times, I believe are 2 months or so.

There are plenty strap makers scattered around Hong Kong. A quick search on IG does the trick. I personally use Fortunato straps located in Admiralty. (Not an advertisement or affiliation) quality is good and turn around time is around 5-7 days. I've purchased several for myself and my wife's patek.

i use the Patek quick release spring bars that come with the watch though. I've also read and worry about SS on precious metal.
h.to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 06:46 AM   #38
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.to View Post
I've also read and worry about SS on precious metal.
Please share.
Old 3 June 2023, 09:38 AM   #39
h.to
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgbaj View Post
Please share.
Not much to share. Just read from multiple sources that precious metals should be paired with precious metal spring bars to avoid exaggerated wear and tear. The argument being that SS is harder than PM, causing the lug holes to deform over time.

I'm not an expert on this but sounds rational and easy enough to just use your aftermarket straps on the stock spring bars.
h.to is offline   Reply With Quote