The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 May 2020, 07:16 PM   #1
Barry C
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Offshore Safari
Safari Offshore or Rose Gold Dual Time

I currently have a 26170ST.OO.D091CR.01 (Offshore Safari) but with ongoing accuracy issues I have mentioned on a previous thread, I have an opportunity to do a deal part exchanging the Safari for a 26120OR.OO.D088CR.01 (Rose Gold Dual Time). I love the rose gold of the dual time, and like the complication, but have doubts about the size at 39mm being too small. I can’t try the watch for covid reasons. My wrist size is 7” And the Safari looks good on me. Is 39mm too small for my wrist? A picture of a Royal Oak 39mm watch on a 7” wrist will help. Second question, is this a good move swapping these two watches? Thanks!
Barry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 01:47 AM   #2
yoast
"TRF" Member

Depends what you are used to. My wrist is the same size as yours and I find the Safari way too big and a 39mm royal oak perfect.

Some pics below of a 39mm 15300 and some 42 and 44mm offshore to compare:

Old 26 May 2020, 04:23 AM   #3
Barry C
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Offshore Safari
Thank you very much for going to the trouble of sending the photos. I think you are right, the 39mm looks great. My first toe in the water with AP was with the Safari. I have only had it just over a month. Like new, and in the box, the accuracy was perfect. As soon as I wore it, up to 2 mins a day fast. I bought it in the UK from a reputable dealer who I have bought several watches from. They don’t know when they can look at it to repair it owing to The pandemic, but have offered a really stupendous deal on another AP. That is why the Dual Time is now in the frame. I could wait to have the Safari repaired, but with such a good deal......!! And I love the Royal Oak, and rose gold. When I bought the Safari, I didn’t think I could afford anything more than the ROO.
Barry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 02:22 AM   #4
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry C View Post
Thank you very much for going to the trouble of sending the photos. I think you are right, the 39mm looks great. My first toe in the water with AP was with the Safari. I have only had it just over a month. Like new, and in the box, the accuracy was perfect. As soon as I wore it, up to 2 mins a day fast. I bought it in the UK from a reputable dealer who I have bought several watches from. They don’t know when they can look at it to repair it owing to The pandemic, but have offered a really stupendous deal on another AP. That is why the Dual Time is now in the frame. I could wait to have the Safari repaired, but with such a good deal......!! And I love the Royal Oak, and rose gold. When I bought the Safari, I didn’t think I could afford anything more than the ROO.
You're welcome Good luck with making your decision!