The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 March 2020, 10:06 AM   #1
Rolex1983
Banned

Rubber B vs Everest for Sub rubber strap

What is the difference between the 2?
i have just under an 8 inch wrist

Which is easier to install/remove?
Rolex1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2020, 11:23 AM   #2
1mlee0916
"TRF" Member

I went back and forth on the decision, and bought both. Now I have two rubber b straps.

Overall quality is about the same. Rubber b slightly more refined I would say - Everest with a bigger buckle, bigger holes, etc.

Main reason I went with the rubber b was when I put the straps on, there was a small gap between the straps and the watch when the straps were on my wrist. Rubber b made a perfect seal. Didn’t want anything (I.e. sand on the beach) to get in the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1mlee0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Rolex1983
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mlee0916 View Post
I went back and forth on the decision, and bought both. Now I have two rubber b straps.

Overall quality is about the same. Rubber b slightly more refined I would say - Everest with a bigger buckle, bigger holes, etc.

Main reason I went with the rubber b was when I put the straps on, there was a small gap between the straps and the watch when the straps were on my wrist. Rubber b made a perfect seal. Didn’t want anything (I.e. sand on the beach) to get in the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so you have compared both side by side and say rubber b is better?
Old 29 April 2020, 04:04 AM   #4
martfield22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex1983 View Post
Ok, so you have compared both side by side and say rubber b is better?
I would agree. Everest is good but Rubber B's look, feel, and durability is just better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16789309_1853612254876702_3887062711321755648_n.jpg (57.8 KB, 187 views)
martfield22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2020, 06:19 AM   #5
alphasports
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martfield22 View Post
I would agree. Everest is good but Rubber B's look, feel, and durability is just better.
Completely subjective. I had both, returned the RB for an Everest, much better for me.
alphasports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2020, 11:41 AM   #6
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Everest straps flare outward more where they connect with the watch, while Rubber B straps point more down towards the wrist. I bought an Everest strap that that had holes sized to me 6.75" wrist, but I couldn't wear it because the wide flare formed an oval -- only the top and bottom actually touched my wrist. It now sits unused in a drawer, taunting me. I don't have the same problem with Rubber B straps.

You almost certainly wouldn't have the same issue with your almost-8" wrists, though.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 02:06 AM   #7
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
Everest straps flare outward more where they connect with the watch, while Rubber B straps point more down towards the wrist.
This is probably the most significant difference. I went with Everest because I have a flatter wrist so it really fits well. I think the RubberB would have stood up tall on my wrist. Maybe it would work for a larger watch like the SD43, but for my 5 digit the Everest was the better fit for my wrist.
OrangeKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 02:34 AM   #8
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
Everest straps flare outward more where they connect with the watch, while Rubber B straps point more down towards the wrist.
This is probably the most significant difference. I went with Everest because I have a flatter wrist so it really fits well. I think the RubberB would have stood up tall on my wrist. Maybe it would work for a larger watch like the SD43, but for my 5 digit the Everest was the better fit for my wrist.
OrangeKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2020, 12:20 PM   #9
Rolex1983
Banned

So for a bigger wrist would everest be better?
Old 7 March 2020, 12:20 AM   #10
bravetony
"TRF" Member

Before I got my sd 43 strap I had questions so I reached out to them mind you at the time they only had the glidelock version available. This was part of the message they sent me even though it did not apply to my case. I have no regrets whatsoever with my choice.

1) GLIDELOCK Series: The Glidelock Series is designed to mount your original Rolex deployant GL clasp. It comes in 6 sizes matching your oyster link counts. We can help you determine the correct size for your wrist, in advance of purchase.

2) Tang Buckle Series:
The Tang Buckle Series fits wrist sizes from 5.5-7.8 inches extremely well. But it is not perfect for wrist sizes of 7.9 inches or above, as it will seem like the strap overhang barely exits the two retainer loops. For wrists above 8 inches, it will not fit great so we suggest the other options.

3) Velcro® Series:
The Velcro® Series is an awesome fit, since it comes in 5 sizes providing for 5.5 inches up to 8.75 inches and allows limitless micro-adjustments and limitless wrist size compatibility. It comes with a retainer loop (although the loop is not necessary for any reason, but some people like to have it). If your wrist size falls on the cusp of two sizes, then we recommend choosing the size down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4346.JPG (85.6 KB, 1113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2364.jpg (245.8 KB, 1110 views)
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 12:31 AM   #11
RobJordan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea/Daytona C
I compared both against a Daytona Ceramic hope it can be of help

https://tinyurl.com/y35unrrz

Quote:

RobJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 12:32 AM   #12
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
The big advantage to Rubber B is they work with the OEM clasp. If that is not an issue for you I suggest going with Everest. Love mine. I prefer the tang buckle and I don't want to fool with installing the clasp.

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 02:23 AM   #13
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
The big advantage to Rubber B is they work with the OEM clasp. If that is not an issue for you I suggest going with Everest. Love mine. I prefer the tang buckle and I don't want to fool with installing the clasp.

Looks great! As to that advantage, yes I agree, I’m a big fan of utilizing a deployant clasp and an original to the watch, even better! That said, if you own a BB with bracelet, you’d have to buy the Tudor clasp which is several hundred dollars. Yes, you could buy an aftermarket one, but that’s a personal preference whether or not you want to take that route, and of course while you’d save money it still wouldn’t be free or cheap for something of quality.

Most of the debate is personal preference. Both are quality products. Small details like the flare and down turns of the straps could affect the way it wears. That’s all personal preference. There are some pretty obvious design differences in regards to the way the strap looks, again preference.

In this case (being a strap for a submariner) I think you go with which ever you like better.

That said, I only feel that way because I believe rubber b makes a strap specifically for the glidelock and ordered to size. No cutting and utilization of the glidelock which is one of the greatest features Rolex has ever made.

Most of their other straps, need to be cut and you don’t get to utilize the EZ link, which IMO is a deal breaker.

Aside from that I’ve always found everest to be a little supple out of the box and therefore more comfortable. But again that’s just a preference thing.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 04:17 AM   #14
alphasports
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Everests work perfectly with the OEM clasp. I've tried RB and Everest and am happy to have stayed with the Everest, fit is perfect and unlike RB no cutting involved, you order it based on the number of links in your standard bracelet. I also don't like the somewhat cheesy "molded endlink" shoulders on the RB's.

alphasports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 06:21 AM   #15
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasports View Post
Everests work perfectly with the OEM clasp. I've tried RB and Everest and am happy to have stayed with the Everest, fit is perfect and unlike RB no cutting involved, you order it based on the number of links in your standard bracelet. I also don't like the somewhat cheesy "molded endlink" shoulders on the RB's.
Thanks I didn't realize that. I got one for my Tudor and at that time they did not offer a strap that worked with the Tudor deployant clasp. Not sure if that has changed or not since then. I prefer the Everest straps over RB as well.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 02:29 AM   #16
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks I didn't realize that. I got one for my Tudor and at that time they did not offer a strap that worked with the Tudor deployant clasp. Not sure if that has changed or not since then. I prefer the Everest straps over RB as well.
I actually didn't mind the cutting for Rubber B. Helps me get the exact fit I want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10953327_212625732426998_51545020_n.jpg (47.4 KB, 151 views)
joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2020, 02:38 AM   #17
izamore3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is cutting a big deal though? A lot of the big brands do it, like Patek or Piaget. I have no problem with it if it helps the watch fit more ideally.
izamore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2020, 06:05 AM   #18
zackgrant90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasports View Post

I think the Rubber B is definitely worth it in the end. I believe their materials and construction are just better. Here's my YM. Love the look on your GMT though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13117877_1178784998800427_1921269910_n.jpg (60.4 KB, 158 views)
zackgrant90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 12:41 AM   #19
fed_fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
I put a Rubber B on my 216570 and it hasn't disappointed. Integration with the case and clasp was superb. Strap has gotten a fair amount of use over the past three years and has held up well. My main goal was to go with the one that looked the most OEM-like and Rubber B won that prerequisite hands down.
fed_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 02:36 AM   #20
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
I like the look / feel and most especially the taper of the RubberB (have one for my BBN).

Thought it was a lot of money at first, but when I started wearing it I realized it was well worth it!
Old 7 March 2020, 02:36 AM   #21
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
I like the look / feel and most especially the taper of the RubberB (have one for my BBN).

Thought it was a lot of money at first, but when I started wearing it I realized it was well worth it!
Old 7 March 2020, 03:09 AM   #22
FiftyTwoEighty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me live @the Beach
I also have both RubberBs and Everests on tang buckles.

For me, went with two rubber RubberBs and two leather Everests bands. Both are great.

Personally, I stayed away from the velcro option. RubberB added an additional loop to secure the velcro, but it has been in my experience, surfing in the ocean and whitewater kayaking -- the force of the water will act like little fingers, trying to open up the velcro buckle.

Velcro used in a water environment needs double enclosures AND an additional safety loop.

Some 4 digits, 5 digits, and 6 digits

2FA
FiftyTwoEighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 03:18 AM   #23
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
I purchased a Rubber B for my Sub 16610. I found the 6 o'clock side too long with the deployant clasp style. I'm now waiting on an Everest strap. Everest offers a 4 link equivalent on the 6 o'clock side which is what my oyster bracelet is sized at. Rubber B offers more variety of color, including slim colored stripes.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 04:12 AM   #24
Cwillis0001
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
I might be in the minority, but I really like the look of the velcro Rubber B.
Cwillis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 03:14 PM   #25
bezler
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I don't know about Everest's rubber straps, but their leather straps are too short for an 8" wrist - and when I talked to them, they had no plans to offer long straps.

My advice is to call them and see if things have changed.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Old 25 March 2020, 04:01 AM   #26
mateopg
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Better Everest,

between everest and rubber b i would go for everest no doubt. i tried them both and think design and touch is better.

btw would recommend also other brand, tempomat straps. they offer a great range of straps and colors and the quality-price is really nice.

here a picture and the link in case it helps

https://tempomaterials.com/

IMG_2108.jpg
mateopg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 06:45 AM   #27
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
I've owned both straps from RubberB and Everest....I personally prefer the RubberB option and you can find my write ups below!

RubberB- https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=730527

Everest- https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=721137
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 07:50 AM   #28
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I've tried RB and Everest and am happy to have stayed with the Everest, fit is perfect and unlike RB no cutting involved, you order it based on the number of links in your standard bracelet.
This is how Rubber B does it as well for most of their Rolex products.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 08:39 AM   #29
alexbaileyshc
"TRF" Member

I have an Everest for my Tudor which is great if a bit expensive after import tax
Worth it for the fit and finish.

AB
alexbaileyshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 08:54 AM   #30
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I haven't tried Everest but really happy with Rubber B so will probably stick with it.