The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 17 May 2006, 07:51 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Along Came a Spider.

Picture of my Clile Rose Tarantula she is now around 20 years old.And quite friendly and quite happy on a diet of live crickets. Shes on a Rolex brochure pink dial Ladies Daytona.Spiders body length is a good 4 inches with a all round span of 8 inches.Tarantulas the female life span can be up to 30 years, but the poor old males around 5 years in captivity, but in the wild males much less.They are normally killed and eaten after mating,but sometime live to mate another day,remember Tarantulas are not insects; they are arachnids.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 10:24 PM   #2
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Those arms are as hairy as JJ's.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 10:32 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
Those arms are as hairy as JJ's.
Agree Adrian but you must admit, Tarantula is far the better looking.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 17 May 2006, 10:38 PM   #4
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
Agree Adrian but you must admit, Tarantula is far the better looking.
That's true Peter.

Member #10
Old 18 May 2006, 04:50 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
That's true Peter.
Great pics, Padi. Hey Adrian, what happened to the "gentleman" in you?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 04:58 AM   #6
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Excuse my ignorance on arachnids, what is that part that looks like a "blow hole" in what I presume to be the head???
I'm not a fan of spiders. Every time we go up to the cabin, there is a monster living in our sink.
One time we arrived, and this bad boy was stradling the drain hole

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 05:36 AM   #7
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
I dunno, but he's insulted me in another thread You've changed Adrien, I don't know you anymore
Old 18 May 2006, 05:55 AM   #8
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
I want to make the tosser list. It's my ambition in life.

Member #10
Old 18 May 2006, 05:56 AM   #9
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
I dunno, but he's insulted me in another thread You've changed Adrien, I don't know you anymore
ADRIAN you silly Dutch man.

Member #10
Old 18 May 2006, 06:00 AM   #10
C.J.
"TRF" Member

edt

Last edited by C.J.; 25 May 2006 at 06:12 AM..
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 06:01 AM   #11
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
ADRIAN you silly Dutch man.
I'm so sorry Damian. It must be an omen that I've spelled your name wrong
Old 18 May 2006, 06:02 AM   #12
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
Peter, if you can teach that a, charming little pet, to sit still JJ could use it as a wig

Member #10
Old 18 May 2006, 12:08 PM   #13
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Ugh, I hate spiders almost as much as I hate snakes. I'm going to have nightmares after looking at those pics.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 03:43 PM   #14
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm so sorry Damian. It must be an omen that I've spelled your name wrong
I may be a little devil Frans but I'd never spell your name incorrectly or GG's for that matter.

Member #10
Old 18 May 2006, 05:12 PM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
I may be a little devil Frans but I'd never spell your name incorrectly or GG's for that matter.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 18 May 2006, 07:51 PM   #16
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini
Excuse my ignorance on arachnids, what is that part that looks like a "blow hole" in what I presume to be the head???
I'm not a fan of spiders. Every time we go up to the cabin, there is a monster living in our sink.
One time we arrived, and this bad boy was stradling the drain hole
If you mean the marking nearest the main body with all the hairs,thats just a normal body mark.Or if you mean the one nearest the front by the pedipulps, the two smaller things that cover the fangs,thats the eyes they have eight.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 18 May 2006, 07:58 PM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex
Ugh, I hate spiders almost as much as I hate snakes. I'm going to have nightmares after looking at those pics.
Thats quite true Ed they say that more men are afraid of spiders than women Had a guy do a cooking demonstration in our house several years ago,Carols idea not mine.Then had quite a collection of large Tarantulas,when he seen them in the tanks, he nearly passed out,with genuine fear.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 19 May 2006, 01:08 AM   #18
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it is JayJay!
Old 19 May 2006, 04:33 AM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
I think it is JayJay!

Old 19 May 2006, 06:21 AM   #20
Atomic

Sorry Peter, but I'm with Ed on this. If I saw that anywhere near me outside it's terarium, it would taste the heel of my shoe as fast as you can say 'shagasheep'.
Old 19 May 2006, 05:19 PM   #21
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Sorry Peter, but I'm with Ed on this. If I saw that anywhere near me outside it's terarium, it would taste the heel of my shoe as fast as you can say 'shagasheep'.
Why does all conversation have to end in the word "sheep"?

Old 19 May 2006, 06:12 PM   #22
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
On a serious point John are you afraid of spiders in general,its has been said that more men are scared of spiders than women.Now these Tarantulas while in there tank may not move for days,but out in the open can move very quickly indeed.A adult Tarantula can survive for upwards of 2 years,without food or water.And in some parts of South America,are eaten and considered quite a delicacy.All Tarantulas are venomous,but not really dangerous to man,but if allergic to venom,like a bee sting which have been known to kill.Myself only had a few of the hairs shot into my hand,extremely irritating for several days.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 19 May 2006, 10:14 PM   #23
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
On a serious point John are you afraid of spiders in general,its has been said that more men are scared of spiders than women.Now these Tarantulas while in there tank may not move for days,but out in the open can move very quickly indeed.A adult Tarantula can survive for upwards of 2 years,without food or water.And in some parts of South America,are eaten and considered quite a delicacy.All Tarantulas are venomous,but not really dangerous to man,but if allergic to venom,like a bee sting which have been known to kill.Myself only had a few of the hairs shot into my hand,extremely irritating for several days.

I don't have arachniphobia, if that's what you mean. I just hate insects and spiders. The only insect I won't kill is a Ladybug. If I see a spider anywhere near me, it dies. Once when I worked (in university) at the Coca Cola plant, I was in the warehouse doing paperwork and had a strange feeling, turned around and there on the floor was the biggest spider I'd ever seen. It wasn't hairy (so not likely an escaped exotic) but it had to die. It was about 3-4" across and fat. I jumped on it with my steel toed boots, and then finished it off by running over it with the forklift. I hate bugs.
Old 19 May 2006, 11:23 PM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
I don't have arachniphobia, if that's what you mean. I just hate insects and spiders. The only insect I won't kill is a Ladybug. If I see a spider anywhere near me, it dies. Once when I worked (in university) at the Coca Cola plant, I was in the warehouse doing paperwork and had a strange feeling, turned around and there on the floor was the biggest spider I'd ever seen. It wasn't hairy (so not likely an escaped exotic) but it had to die. It was about 3-4" across and fat. I jumped on it with my steel toed boots, and then finished it off by running over it with the forklift. I hate bugs.
Well myself would never kill a spider,they keep the flies ect underhand. Agree with the ladybirds great green fly eaters.Myself hate ants especially the tropical big b@st@rds,and earwigs centipedes and cockroaches.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club