The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 June 2020, 01:59 AM   #1
ReckittBenckiser
"TRF" Member

Does anyone purchase from an overseas Audemars Piguet Boutique to ship the watch?

Just wondering if anyone has done that? not physically walking into the boutique to make the purchase but made the purchase over the phone and made the payment via bank transfer for them to ship the watch?

I have this watch available in a BT in europe but not sure about paying so much money to make a purchase this way? Seem quite risky but it could be just me being new at this purchase method. Just wondering if anyone has done that before and how did the transaction go?

Thanks
ReckittBenckiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 02:17 AM   #2
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
I would be more concerned about customs. I have bought out of state over the phone from AP but not internationally.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 03:13 AM   #3
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I will never do that, too much trouble. I would rather pay more for peace of mind.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 04:44 AM   #4
Sg6067
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15450ST Blue
I just purchased a watch from out of state over the phone. I bank wired the money to the AP North America account and received my new watch the next day no problem. I can’t speak to using this method to purchase from a boutique out of the country but that would make me very nervous. As stated above, your watch could be held up in customs.
Sg6067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 04:50 AM   #5
AlexDimi
"TRF" Member

Watches travel by air insured therefore you Will not have problem.
Seems you will buy tax free from EU therefore you will pay import tax in your country.
AP BT know their business therefore i would not stressed too much.
AlexDimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 04:53 AM   #6
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReckittBenckiser View Post
Just wondering if anyone has done that? not physically walking into the boutique to make the purchase but made the purchase over the phone and made the payment via bank transfer for them to ship the watch?

I have this watch available in a BT in europe but not sure about paying so much money to make a purchase this way? Seem quite risky but it could be just me being new at this purchase method. Just wondering if anyone has done that before and how did the transaction go?

Thanks
they don't ship between boutiques? this way you could pick it up or have it shipped to you domestically and the risk would not be on you.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 10:13 PM   #7
ReckittBenckiser
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
they don't ship between boutiques? this way you could pick it up or have it shipped to you domestically and the risk would not be on you.
I asked but they don't want to do that
ReckittBenckiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 10:46 PM   #8
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
I have done this a number of times, not from an AD but from resellers, particularly in Dubai. This is when I’ve been on a trip and had more places to go after purchasing the watch. I’ve never had any problem with them mailing the watch to me in the US. Sometimes US customs charges duty, sometimes they have not, for unknown reasons.
fsprow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 10:54 PM   #9
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
I have done this a number of times, not from an AD but from resellers, particularly in Dubai. This is when I’ve been on a trip and had more places to go after purchasing the watch. I’ve never had any problem with them mailing the watch to me in the US. Sometimes US customs charges duty, sometimes they have not, for unknown reasons.
When they charge, how much do they charge and where do you pay?

Thanks for information.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 03:15 AM   #10
crack3rd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:

Thanks

It seems risky but it’s fine. I do it for most of my watches. Just make sure when you wire the money, the bank account is in your name. The reason being is that they might ask you who the other person is; if you have a joint account. I ship all my watches to HK and I dont have to pay for duty. I believe you have to pay for duty when you are receiving the watch from the courier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crack3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 02:41 PM   #11
cp_supreme
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks
I have done this and it's not a big deal. Don't buy from a country with crazy paperwork shit going on. Buy from Switzerland, England, etc. Obviously english speaking usually makes things easier.
cp_supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 04:18 AM   #12
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
When they charge, how much do they charge and where do you pay?

Thanks for information.
Sorry for the very late reply. Shipments have been by Fedex and DHL -- they collect the duty. There seems to be little logic to the amount charged, if any.

Best.
fsprow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 05:32 AM   #13
guanxi
"TRF" Member

I did buy from an AP boutique abroad to deliver to Hong Kong, very easy and straight forward given that Hong Kong has no import nor sales taxes on watches. I would not recommend doing this if your home juridiction has any kind of custom import fees and/or other duties and taxes unfortunately that is the case for the vast majority of places around the world!
guanxi is offline   Reply With Quote