The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 January 2022, 11:39 PM   #61
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
That's a pretty strong comment. FHB is known to be marmite, you either love him or hate him and very few are indifferent to him. But, how many FUBARS has he really made? The BP was the most divisive AP I can ever remember, so much so that the vitriol on here and the rest of the web was impossible to miss...but it sold out uber quickly and commands huge premiums on the grey market. Even the hated Code is now a super refined product that gets stronger with each iteration.

I'm not defending him but he's actually really approachable and good to his word. I imagine that the AP board loves him. To a degree so do I as he's responsible for the full ceramic models that we all covet, and I can't help thinking that he's got a few more sensational tricks up his sleeve before he calls it a day at AP.

Yes it is but I 100pct stand behind it. I find this video is totally grotesque. It is something that would make me smile for a cheap car brand or a soft drink company… but we are talking luxury watches where the cheapest steel model is 25k. Unbelievable. I don’t care if he is approachable that’s not what he is paid to be.
I don’t have anything against the Code.
Marvel - yes. It was the first disaster.
But it is continuing.

My feel is FHB is diluting the luxury of the brand by making it a big farce and a melt of other pop culture influences.

Again my humble opinion but I will really reconsider buying AP in the future.
I think I am a (very) good customer of my local AP boutique but FHB’s recent moves have led me to strengthen my relationships with my local PP boutique.

They off course don’t care but tables turn and the hype will not be there for ever…
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2022, 11:43 PM   #62
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Already a week overdue from your earlier prediction I kept checking my phone every 30min on 1/1

From my information they are going to announce in line with the initial RO’s market launch 50y ago.

In 1972 - it was announced in April. So that’s when I believe it will be disclosed.
And there will be multiple anniversary models - not just one.

Let’s see who is right.
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 12:56 AM   #63
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofgold View Post
Heard that new lines of royal oak will be announced on 26 Jan 2022.
This is correct but not sure if that’s gen pop or VIP only but regardless it’s all coming out soon which is awesome
raclaims is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 01:04 AM   #64
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I hope AP raises their prices 200%. Then kicks back and watches what happens. If people pay the prices then there you go. One things for sure it will get rid of flippers and gray dealers. At least temporarily.

If people are willing to pay 40K for a $20,000 15500 why shouldn’t AP get all that money instead of the flipper and grey? So long as all these millionaires who obviously don’t give a crap about measly money under $100,000 are willing to pay such levels above retail if I were the manufacture I would raise my prices to grey dealer prices. They can always drop them back if things ever go back to the way they were.

That since we are dreaming about new models I would love for them to bring back 39mm RO besides the Jumbo. 41mm is just too big for that style of watch.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 07:23 AM   #65
Champagnepapi
"TRF" Member

New AP’S prediction 2022 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
Yes it is but I 100pct stand behind it. I find this video is totally grotesque. It is something that would make me smile for a cheap car brand or a soft drink company… but we are talking luxury watches where the cheapest steel model is 25k. Unbelievable. I don’t care if he is approachable that’s not what he is paid to be.
I don’t have anything against the Code.
Marvel - yes. It was the first disaster.
But it is continuing.

My feel is FHB is diluting the luxury of the brand by making it a big farce and a melt of other pop culture influences.

Again my humble opinion but I will really reconsider buying AP in the future.
I think I am a (very) good customer of my local AP boutique but FHB’s recent moves have led me to strengthen my relationships with my local PP boutique.

They off course don’t care but tables turn and the hype will not be there for ever…

Thing with PP that they are also doing things which don’t suit the spirit of the brand. Telling people the 5711 blue is discontinued… then announcing the “final” 5711 green dial with a production of 1 year…. And then announcing another variant “Tiffany blue” even more limited dial(?) for 150 pieces? I’m sorry but stretching the end of the 5711’s line of production is way too long and hype oriented imo.

At least when AP say they are gonna discontinue the 15202ST… they just do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Champagnepapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 06:28 PM   #66
Neom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I hope AP raises their prices 200%. Then kicks back and watches what happens. If people pay the prices then there you go. One things for sure it will get rid of flippers and gray dealers. At least temporarily.

If people are willing to pay 40K for a $20,000 15500 why shouldn’t AP get all that money instead of the flipper and grey? So long as all these millionaires who obviously don’t give a crap about measly money under $100,000 are willing to pay such levels above retail if I were the manufacture I would raise my prices to grey dealer prices. They can always drop them back if things ever go back to the way they were.

That since we are dreaming about new models I would love for them to bring back 39mm RO besides the Jumbo. 41mm is just too big for that style of watch.
I don't think raising retail prices will help - the grey market would exponentially have its prices rise in conjunction with MSRP.
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 08:01 PM   #67
Aashi999
"TRF" Member

I was at Le Brassus recently and I was told that they are going to make one last 15202 this year and it’s not going to be ceramic.
Aashi999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2022, 10:35 PM   #68
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neom View Post
I don't think raising retail prices will help - the grey market would exponentially have its prices rise in conjunction with MSRP.
I don’t think you understood what I meant. If they raise the prices significantly and I mean big-time we can find out what all these people are willing to pay. I’d really like to see just how far some of these people would go on a 15500. We already know they’re willing to pay 40 K for 20 K watch right? Maybe they’ll pay 50 K or 60 K. How about the 5711??? Lol. This was recently price raised piece (2years ago?) to 30k yet unbelievably people are willing to drop 70-90 freaking k on it. This is why I have totally lost interest and respect for this hobby. It is gotten patently absurd. If you’re ever depressed and need some cheering up just go to the European watch company‘s website and see their pricing. If that doesn’t cause you to fall out of your chair and laugh out loud nothing will. I determined a while ago that either they or their clients or both are on some serious kicking drugs. I’m seriously considering dumping my entire collection to finance $1 million Lakehouse in Maine while all these consumers are walking around in an obvious hallucinogenic daze and wiling to pay such insane prices. It’s like zombie land.

Disclaimer- I can pretty much get any Rolex, AP or Patek at retail I want and have as those who know here are aware of. This rant is about this new found lack of respect of money for people with money and not a rant about me not being able to get what pieces I want.

My message to Rolex, AP and Patek is quadruple your prices for now and see what happens. It’s extremely easy to lower them back again.

Instagram - patton250
Old 11 January 2022, 12:01 AM   #69
Neom
Banned

Quote:
I don’t think you understood what I meant. If they raise the prices significantly and I mean big-time we can find out what all these people are willing to pay. I’d really like to see just how far some of these people would go on a 15500. We already know they’re willing to pay 40 K for 20 K watch right? Maybe they’ll pay 50 K or 60 K. How about the 5711??? Lol. This was recently price raised piece (2years ago?) to 30k yet unbelievably people are willing to drop 70-90 freaking k on it. This is why I have totally lost interest and respect for this hobby. It is gotten patently absurd. If you’re ever depressed and need some cheering up just go to the European watch company‘s website and see their pricing. If that doesn’t cause you to fall out of your chair and laugh out loud nothing will. I determined a while ago that either they or their clients or both are on some serious kicking drugs. I’m seriously considering dumping my entire collection to finance $1 million Lakehouse in Maine while all these consumers are walking around in an obvious hallucinogenic daze and wiling to pay such insane prices. It’s like zombie land.

Disclaimer- I can pretty much get any Rolex, AP or Patek at retail I want and have as those who know here are aware of. This rant is about this new found lack of respect of money for people with money and not a rant about me not being able to get what pieces I want.

My message to Rolex, AP and Patek is quadruple your prices for now and see what happens. It’s extremely easy to lower them back again.
Agree with you - it's ridiculous. I don't wish the crash of world markets but at the same time i'm tired of having to prove myself to buy a mass produced luxury item.
Neom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 01:20 AM   #70
Kimber007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Quote:
Is it easy? Have they ever done that before?

I can't imagine selling thousands of watches for $160,000 and then announcing they are lowering the prices for those exact watches back down to $40,000.
Kimber007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 01:34 AM   #71
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber007 View Post

I can't imagine selling thousands of watches for $160,000 and then announcing they are lowering the prices for those exact watches back down to $40,000.
It’s extremely easy. We watch it happen with the housing market all the time. Rolex should charge 40K for the Daytona‘s and see how many people part with their money. If people are willing to pay that kind of money for Daytonas from Grey dealers they absolutely would from an AD. If sales slow down and they are not moving Daytonas they can authorize the AD’s to lower prices. It’s extremely easy. I personally would love to see how much money people would pay for these things. This whole thing is become utter joke to me.

Instagram - patton250
Old 11 January 2022, 01:37 AM   #72
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber007 View Post

Not by that extreme, but in the period just after the GFC when the swiss franc when crazy in value by double, I remember prices in no CHF getting ratcheted up quickly, and then some ratchet down (but not completly) after the currency normalized a bit.

I do however, think it's interesting that the Platinum Daytona has basically remained unchanged for the last 2-3 cycles of price increases for Rolex, which I read between the tea leaves as a quiet admission that they mispriced the watch at launch.

Anyways, eager to see the new line up!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 03:11 AM   #73
Champagnepapi
"TRF" Member

New AP’S prediction 2022 thread

Quote:
It’s extremely easy. We watch it happen with the housing market all the time. Rolex should charge 40K for the Daytona‘s and see how many people part with their money. If people are willing to pay that kind of money for Daytonas from Grey dealers they absolutely would from an AD. If sales slow down and they are not moving Daytonas they can authorize the AD’s to lower prices. It’s extremely easy. I personally would love to see how much money people would pay for these things. This whole thing is become utter joke to me.

It’s not just about raising the prices. There needs to be a lot more availability in the boutiques in order to end this ridiculous situation. Which Rolex and other big companies already said they won’t do.
It’s an unfortunate messed up situation with high end watches for the past couple of years. Just yesterday, I saw a video about investors dumping their property portfolios and buying stocks of Rolex watches instead :Banghead: . Why are they doing that? Because It’s cheaper to upkeep than property, no tax to pay while holding it, Easier to liquidate, the turnover is faster than a property that can potentially take months/years to sell etc blah blah. Some even use it because it’s an easy way to get money out of the country.
So I believe all of that, in addition to SOCIAL MEDIA (INSTAGRAM,YouTube) which contributed to creating Hype, the money printing/inflation and the pandemic which caused Rolex factories to shutdown and grey dealers to play with the prices… ALL created this ridiculous situation. You can also see similar behavior towards other luxury goods.

I share the same views and pain, I always had a passion for horology since a young age and I love each and every one of my watches so much. Each of them tells a story and reminds me of the day I got them and I couldn’t even imagine not owning them. I’d want my future kids to have them one day and think about me when they check the time on their wrist. But unfortunately, some see this hobby differently and more as a business opportunity to make gains.

That being said, I still won’t back down from the battle of getting my 50th anniversary AP Jumbo Lolol

Old 11 January 2022, 07:35 AM   #74
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I liked this thread better when it was about speculation about 2022 releases and not suicide instructions for AP & Co.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 07:52 AM   #75
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I liked this thread better when it was about speculation about 2022 releases and not suicide instructions for AP & Co.
It’s not suicide it would be an experiment to see just how stupid consumers are. Like I said they can always adjust their prices back. Also you could just ignore what I wrote instead of whining about it. There’s that option you know?

Instagram - patton250
Old 11 January 2022, 08:12 AM   #76
erik12300
"TRF" Member

Would like to see new jumbo in steel with new movement and a creative new dial
erik12300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2022, 08:35 AM   #77
squall1
"TRF" Member

I'll take a guess... perhaps a "fun" colorway for the new diver line? The current ones are great but rather one note as a group.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:32 PM   #78
Champagnepapi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
I'll take a guess... perhaps a "fun" colorway for the new diver line? The current ones are great but rather one note as a group.

Wish they’d bring the Blue “Yves Klein” back

Old 12 January 2022, 05:56 PM   #79
mrN
"TRF" Member

I wish I could share what I know

mrN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 08:34 PM   #80
Johntee050
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrN View Post

That’s a tease

Johntee050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 09:19 PM   #81
Champagnepapi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Ohhhh if you know something, this would be the perfect time to share with us hahaha

Old 13 January 2022, 12:29 AM   #82
illiguy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagnepapi View Post
Ohhhh if you know something, this would be the perfect time to share with us hahaha

Yes - it’s only fair to drop hints at this juncture.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 12:42 AM   #83
hussain
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I wish I could too!
hussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 01:17 AM   #84
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’m green with envy!!
raclaims is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 01:35 AM   #85
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Here's what I know.

AP London share NOTHING, EVER. I've never heard a single hint or rumour from AP London either directly or indirectly, they are the epitome of professionalism.

Some other AP regions...not so much.

I've had some interactions with AP HQ, and been 'in the loop', and they take confidentiality very seriously.

All in all, waiting to be surprised isn't too bad, in fact the thrill is in the unknown.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 01:49 AM   #86
Qimchi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everything
Quote:
Here's what I know.

AP London share NOTHING, EVER. I've never heard a single hint or rumour from AP London either directly or indirectly, they are the epitome of professionalism.

I've had some interactions with AP HQ, and been 'in the loop', and they take confidentiality very seriously.

All in all, waiting to be surprised isn't too bad, in fact the thrill is in the unknown.

Thats true professionalism when they know it but wont say it.

More professional than some brands that supposedly discontinued a certain model but still releasing green dial, then tiffany blue dial, and god dunno what other marketing excuses they will come up with..

"I don't want attention...but hey look at me! I am naked!"
Qimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 02:06 AM   #87
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here's what I know.

AP NYC is same as London, they know but lips are sealed.

Looking forward to the drop!

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 02:17 AM   #88
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I’m green with envy!!
Lol, well that about settles it. Green dial jumbo update
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 02:36 AM   #89
Mini2
"TRF" Member

My predictions - no watch for me haha
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2022, 04:06 AM   #90
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
I know nothing besides that I like sweet watches.