The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 November 2022, 08:15 AM   #121
youknow23
"TRF" Member

Sane could have won that for Germany. So much more dangerous when he came on. Silly to continue to play Muller but that Bayern Munich bias is showing its crack. Sule at RB was dumb too but at least they changed that.
youknow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 09:14 AM   #122
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I don't know why you guys want to support England, I have to but would rather back the USA the way no-plan-B Southgate is killing our team again, so painful to watch.

France and Mbappe are looking good, while Argentina and Messi are looking bad and even worse, uninterested...

And that was the kick he needed, great strike!
I support the US. It’s just if (OK, when) they lose I have a genetic attachment to the other countries that allow me to support them. If a player has to show a genetic connection to play on a countries team then the fans have to have one to root for them.

I think Germany is out though… Japan LOSING today? That was unexpected. Now CR have more points than Germany and a Japan - Spain tie is all needed to end G’s WC. J and S are into the next round with a tie, it effectively a ‘friendly’.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2022, 09:22 AM   #123
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
I support the US. It’s just if (OK, when) they lose I have a genetic attachment to the other countries that allow me to support them. If a player has to show a genetic connection to play on a countries team then the fans have to have one to root for them.

I think Germany is out though… Japan LOSING today? That was unexpected. Now CR have more points than Germany and a Japan - Spain tie is all needed to end G’s WC. J and S are into the next round with a tie, it effectively a ‘friendly’.
Incorrect. A Spain and Japan tie and a German win over CR by 2 goals has Spain and Germany advance just like a Spanish win and any German win by just 1 goal. Even if Spain lost Germany could theoretically still advance together with Japan in this case if they scored a boat load vs CR.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 01:31 AM   #124
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Incorrect. A Spain and Japan tie and a German win over CR by 2 goals has Spain and Germany advance just like a Spanish win and any German win by just 1 goal. Even if Spain lost Germany could theoretically still advance together with Japan in this case if they scored a boat load vs CR.
Yes Japan losing in the group of death means they are probably now out even after beating Germany as the Germans will probably thrash CR and Spain will beat Japan or at least draw.

Very poor from Japan, played like England, after a peak game they looked slow and listless. Belgium are another one who really need to shape up.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 03:46 AM   #125
Mifune
Banned

Bwahahaha... even the Swiss goal keeper couldn't believe it!

Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 03:56 AM   #126
youknow23
"TRF" Member

i knew brazil would score but they have been nothing without neymar. all the attention on super fast and strong guys has made their team very ordinary and with zero attacking from their full backs they are a pretty boring team to watch today. i remember 94 brazil team was considered a joke in brazil but still won it, i think if it was not for neymar this would be the same. no flair.
youknow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2022, 11:25 AM   #127
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
I hear ya.

Luckily while riding my bike around LA I usually wear this outfit and have done pretty well. ..........except for the heat stroke.
That explains a lot, Blanksy.
Old 30 November 2022, 01:48 AM   #128
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
That explains a lot, Blanksy.
I know.....not an excuse, but just a reason.
Old 30 November 2022, 05:23 AM   #129
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Well someone's got to say it, but what a boring unimaginative team we (England) have. All we seem to do is pass it back to our own 18 yard box.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 07:19 AM   #130
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Usa!
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 12:53 AM   #131
Cooper33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknow23 View Post
i knew brazil would score but they have been nothing without neymar. all the attention on super fast and strong guys has made their team very ordinary and with zero attacking from their full backs they are a pretty boring team to watch today. i remember 94 brazil team was considered a joke in brazil but still won it, i think if it was not for neymar this would be the same. no flair.
Not sure I agree, we need to wait till Friday's match to know exactly what effect Neymar being out will have. Switzerland had the best defense of all european countries going into the WC, so they were playing for a 0-0 (they had 0 shots at the goal). With 8 players completely dedicated to prevent balls from coming in, the game itself becomes boring and its an attrition activity until you're able to score. Every time Brazil faces an offensive strategy it plays much better because it's just a different dynamics to the game. But I agree, some flair is missing at the moment.
Cooper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 01:39 AM   #132
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Would not look forward to returning to Iran if I were on that team. Defections coming?
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 03:16 AM   #133
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by youknow23 View Post
neyman is absolutely not the reason why brazil would win or would not. that is rather evident - hence why he hasn't won much other than ligue 1.
Old 1 December 2022, 03:21 AM   #134
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
neyman is absolutely not the reason why brazil would win or would not. that is rather evident - hence why he hasn't won much other than ligue 1.
Agree. Neymar is generally overrated.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 05:36 AM   #135
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

I knew this surreal desert world cup would be weird, but no so weird as to have Rashford scoring two! In fairness he looked really confident and hungry and was a breath of fresh air after the previous dour game. Foden and Henderson also played well so bodes well for Senegal.

Well done to Australia, did not see that coming.
Old 1 December 2022, 05:40 AM   #136
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Agree. Neymar is generally overrated.
After yesterday, yup, he's no Rashford.

They have so many attacking options they won't miss him, and have Casemiro behind, the player of the tourny for me so far, he's been excellent for Man Utd too, as has Eriksen but not so good for Denmark, and Fernandes has been playing well too, even Ronaldo is making things happen, altho not as much as his agent.

Throw in Maguire, Shaw and Rashford and the Utd boys are having a good WC.
Old 2 December 2022, 07:15 AM   #137
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I never saw that coming.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2022, 08:51 AM   #138
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
So cool

Have a great time and Go Canada Go
They've gone.
Speedbird-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2022, 08:54 AM   #139
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Germany out...again......Spain, chose not to help 'em.
Speedbird-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2022, 09:05 AM   #140
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
They've gone.
Indeed.

Still proud of our team and being in the World Cup is a big deal for our country.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2022, 10:19 AM   #141
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Indeed.

Still proud of our team and being in the World Cup is a big deal for our country.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Canada finishing top of the Conacaf was surprising. Perhaps the stage was a little too big this time but in 4 years they will be home and perhaps advance to the knock out rounds.

With Mexico and Costa Rica gone the only Concacaf rep remaining is the US. Will be tough vs. Holland, but the young guys are playing better than they did in qualifying. With what happened today and the 1st round in general, anything can happen.
Old 2 December 2022, 10:26 AM   #142
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Canada finishing top of the Conacaf was surprising. Perhaps the stage was a little too big this time but in 4 years they will be home and perhaps advance to the knock out rounds.

With Mexico and Costa Rica gone the only Concacaf rep remaining is the US. Will be tough vs. Holland, but the young guys are playing better than they did in qualifying. With what happened today and the 1st round in general, anything can happen.
Thank you Phillip

Obviously w were hoping to,put up some points but I agree with you, the experience was an important steps for our program.

I agree the next round will be amazing to see what unfolds.
Old 4 December 2022, 09:45 AM   #143
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Well, after today, the US & Australia have been eliminated. The US played well and had several chances, but the difference was the finishing of the Dutch as compared to the Americans. The team is very young and should be a building block when they are home in 4 years as long as they still send their best players to Europe to develop rather than the MLS.

Very disappointed in Gio Reyna. I remember watching his father when he played for the national team. Young Reyna was very inactive off the ball and walked a great deal of the time. When you're 20 years old in only your 2nd game in the WC and subbed on after the first half, you have to go non stop 100% of the time especially when your team in down 1. Hope the squad sits down with him after this to watch the film and corrects this.
Old 4 December 2022, 09:54 AM   #144
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
The Australian Socceroos are out, but they can be proud of how they played. They made an impact here at home. We got up early to watch, and my kids were very into it. My son was going for “Australia… and also just Messi…”
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 11:03 AM   #145
Cazador60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 5513
I for one am upset that they annulled Ecuador's 3rd gol against Netherlands which would have meant a win. Ecuador clearly dominated that game even Van Gaal said so.
Cazador60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2022, 06:19 PM   #146
fmc000
Banned

OK, for now two winner-takes-it-all games were played and the favorites won. I was happy for the "newcomers" US and Australia but the big names played better when it counted. Let's see how it goes...
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2022, 03:59 AM   #147
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Well Mbappe was cherry picking but damn if it wasn’t fun to watch. If England moves past Senegal I look forward to the quarterfinals match.
Old 5 December 2022, 04:03 AM   #148
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Well Mbappe was cherry picking but damn if it wasn’t fun to watch. If England moves past Senegal I look forward to the quarterfinals match.
The guy knows how to bend the ball pretty nicely
Old 5 December 2022, 04:23 AM   #149
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
The guy knows how to bend the ball pretty nicely

Man he has all the tools. His one touch redirections are the most entertaining aspect for me. He plays with the flair of a Brazilian.
Old 5 December 2022, 05:35 AM   #150
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

England turnovers on back passes and McGuire defensive liability is a recipe for disaster. Pickford save of the 3 Lions tourney thus far.
JoeJoeBobo is offline   Reply With Quote