The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 November 2018, 04:55 AM   #1
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Wait time U.K. ?

Hi all

Really like the 15400 blue dial. I’ve no relationship with anyone for AP and I live 200 miles plus from nearest boutique. Are these realistic to get on a list? If so what is the approx wait times? Happy to pay a deposit.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 05:55 AM   #2
chad362wiley
"TRF" Member

Youll need to buy other pieces to get one of those.
Old 4 November 2018, 06:28 AM   #3
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Blue dial is very tough now, esp as a first. Are there no ROOs or ROCs you are interested in?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 06:36 AM   #4
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
PM inbound
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 07:24 AM   #5
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Blue dial is very tough now, esp as a first. Are there no ROOs or ROCs you are interested in?
It’s taken my fancy, especially after seeing two guys wearing them yesterday - hadn’t seen one in the flesh before. If I can’t I can’t, but I’ll give it a go :-)
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 07:58 PM   #6
DGB
"TRF" Member

I got a much sought after 15202 in 5 months a few weeks ago. You should get a 15400 blue in approximately the same time.
I was also a first time buyer, no history with AP, but I did manage to show them I am seriously interested and a watch lover, not a flipper.
Go in person not just by phone, you’ll get what you want for if they see how much you want this watch.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2018, 09:39 PM   #7
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
I got a much sought after 15202 in 5 months a few weeks ago. You should get a 15400 blue in approximately the same time.
I was also a first time buyer, no history with AP, but I did manage to show them I am seriously interested and a watch lover, not a flipper.
Go in person not just by phone, you’ll get what you want for if they see how much you want this watch.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah if you go for it then it will be like an interview so you'll have to sell yourself so make sure you have the weekly wash beforehand.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2018, 07:51 PM   #8
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, RLX, BP
I got my 15202 in ~ 6 month without any AP boutique nor any AP ownership history whatsoever. Just go in, dress nicely, act nicely, be polite and try to see a boutique manager and not some low level sales clerk, this normally will do the trick. I wore a nice gold dress Blancpain, so it was pretty obvious I am not a "civilian" buyer so to speak. Explained that I am on a hunt for a high end SS and had essentially given up even the hope of getting on a waitlist for Nautilus after being treated like crap by various Patek ADs across most of Asia... mentioned I would never pay a scalper premium hence the desire to give them a chance to have my business, especially given that it was to commemorate a very special occasion (had my first child this year). Actually I got a call from them even sooner, after ~3 months, but I had been on an extended overseas holiday so could not be there in person to pay and collect and they didn't want to wait till my return, didn't want a deposit etc etc just said they'd try the next allocation in 2-3 months and that's exactly when I got my watch. I followed up with a visit after my return, got them a small box of chocolates etc., they had really been easy and professional to deal with. Considering that 15400 should be not as hard so I'd give it a good shot....
korneevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2018, 04:17 PM   #9
MaxLondon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak Jumbo
They told me 3 years - but I have not gone to see them personally ... that was London on a 15202.
MaxLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2018, 09:34 PM   #10
Apuk
"TRF" Member

Visited the ap boutique in London and was told 18-24m for blue dial and 6-12m for others..
Apuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2018, 10:07 PM   #11
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

Wow, wait times have really moved up from weeks not too long ago.
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote