The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 August 2020, 09:37 PM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Ash, from what Daniel tells me you are a great AP ambassador and know how to sell their watches for them, that trumps cupcakes!
Yes, to be fair, those of us who have been on this forum for a while are basically brand ambassadors and we must have thrown hundreds of thousands of pounds that could have gone elsewhere their way, we call ourselves enablers here in all good fun, but we are actually putting food in people's mouths too... so we should rest easy.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 10:33 PM   #32
JChips
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Your comment epitomises the attitude of too many people on this forum and in this world.

A 'thank you' costs nothing, but luxury purchasers tend to have an in built sense of entitlement...and no manners.

Sooooo.... I spend thousands and then I also have to somehow thank them for being so gracious as to accept my money and give me an item I just paid for ?

Is this upside down world ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 12:28 AM   #33
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

I think I get what you are saying op. When I purchased a car last year at my Porsche dealer my salesman was a pleasure. I called him multiple times afterwards to ask questions about the car. Then he actually gave me incredibly helpful advice on another Porsche I was buying from an out of state dealer even texting me as I was making the actual purchase (his dealer did not have the car I wanted). I stopped by several days later, thanked him again and give him a gift as my appreciation as an “early Christmas gift”. He certainly deserved it.
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 12:42 AM   #34
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

I ordered some cigars online a while back from a new supplier, and when I opened the door the next day I saw before me a guy casually smoking a cigar on my doorstep and carrying a bag, my cigars were being hand-delivered! I was shocked but then we had a little chat about my selection and then he went on his merry way, and I was coloured super impressed by this service. Needless to say they got my next few orders, even when other places were cheaper.
Old 16 August 2020, 12:48 AM   #35
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I introduced a friend of mine to AP in London and he got some v cool bits. As a thank you he sent a voucher for a top hotel but APs policy is that any gifts received have to be spread fairly amongst the staff so that everyone receives something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 02:22 AM   #36
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15500, Santos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I ordered some cigars online a while back from a new supplier, and when I opened the door the next day I saw before me a guy casually smoking a cigar on my doorstep and carrying a bag, my cigars were being hand-delivered! I was shocked but then we had a little chat about my selection and then he went on his merry way, and I was coloured super impressed by this service. Needless to say they got my next few orders, even when other places were cheaper.
Lol. I like smoking cigars too, but I’m not sure I want the delivery guy smoking one on my porch. Haha.
Jgives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 06:06 AM   #37
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgives View Post
Lol. I like smoking cigars too, but I’m not sure I want the delivery guy smoking one on my porch. Haha.
Well it was during Covid so he was actually standing a few feet back, I thought he was just some cocky Jehovah's Witness at first.
Old 17 August 2020, 02:16 PM   #38
whiterabbit66
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO,
I have given out top restaurant gift cards and nice hotel gift cards to watch salespeople a few times. If they go out of their way to give me good "out of warranty" service or get a rare model of course I will. Its a good investment like tipping well a hotel barman/maitre de so next visit you get a few free drinks and a good table. Like in everything relationship is all. Back in an earlier life I was a mechanic at a high end dealer and often clients gave tips and it always made us go the extra mile for them.
whiterabbit66 is offline   Reply With Quote