The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 February 2022, 12:59 PM   #1
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
First Paneria

Something had drawn me to check out Panera. I don’t know much about the brand, just basics. I have an average size wrist at 7”, so I think 44mm and up is too big. I was browsing the for sale section and came across this. It has features I like (date, gmt etc) , thoughts on this as a one and only?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=838298
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2022, 02:11 PM   #2
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
I own a 111 and it gets more wrist time than any of my other watches....I know this is a Rolex forum, there's 3 of those in the collection, but I just love my Pam. To be honest, the brand has more models than I could ever imagine keeping up with. I had never seen the Titanium Carbotech combo, pretty sweet looking.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it because I don't care for the GMT hand. But, if I was interested, I would have to see it in person. One of the things I like best about my 111 is how it wears, to include the perfect weight. I'm afraid the material would make that watch feel like a toy to me.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2022, 02:49 PM   #3
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
I have a 7inch wrist and a 44mm wears fine, for me
If you find yourself with an opportunity to try a 44mm on, i would

As far as a one and done PAM, i wouldnt go with this one
The GMT function is kinda useless as (correct me if i'm wrong) it has no AM/PM indicator on it
Looks cool but there are other PAMs out there that i would be picking up before this one
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2022, 06:14 PM   #4
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
Something had drawn me to check out Panera. I don’t know much about the brand, just basics. I have an average size wrist at 7”, so I think 44mm and up is too big. I was browsing the for sale section and came across this. It has features I like (date, gmt etc) , thoughts on this as a one and only?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=838298
I've been eyeing that model for some time now and I think they've nailed the looks. I might be able to get one throgh our local AD but I won't be able to try it out before buying it. Would have loved to see it in the flesh first.

I haven't been able to find out if it's a DMLS case or not. I asked a Panerai representative on Instagram and she said it is indeed a DMLS case just like the 1662, but I can't find the official spec sheet. I've sent a message directly to Panerai asking about it, I'll let you know when they get back to me.

What I like:
+ The stealthy look with the dark sand blasted titanium case and a carbotech bezel.
+ The color scheme. The blue dial looks stunning in combination with the black hands and grey case.
+ The 42mm case size (now discontinued with the Luminor 1950 case)
+ The GMT-hand looks good and it's possible to hide it behind the hour hand if you don't want to see it.

What I don't like:
- They've removed the hacking second mechanism in the P.9010
- Only 100m like every other 42mm Luminor 1950 (although it at least looks like it has a screwed-on caseback)
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote