The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 6 July 2023, 09:22 PM   #1
MilPauS
"TRF" Member

Milgauss strap game

Hi all,

I am a bit of a Milgauss fanboy... I have the black GV and non-GV in my collection. I have owned many watches throughout the 15 years I've been collecting but the Milgauss has always fascinated me... part of this fascination comes from the super-interesting (and ofter unexpected!) colour combinations one gets when playing around with straps.

I thought I'd start a thread and post Milgauss strap options when I find something I love and try to make it arty. Hope you like it!
MilPauS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 12:02 AM   #2
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

Me too...

In an attempt to add something constructive to this thread... When the Milly was rereleased collectors fawned over it. Then it became old news. I was and still am fascinated by the watch that Rolex (of all folks) put an orange lightning bolt hand and a green crystal on! The gauss rating and all that is no longer (maybe back in the day) much to discuss, but what a COOL oversized oyster case with color! Love the watch! Back around 2020 I let my son pick one of my watches as a college graduation gift. (near perfect gpa) When I laid out all my watches for him to pick, he passed over all (much more expensive) because he loved the look of the Milly. I had it serviced, put back in its box with papers and such and wrapped it up for him for graduation day. A grateful, tasteful, and considerate son bonded with me and the watch community that day for life. It was a very very cool moment. He has since bought another watch on his own since graduation and is still sending me links to read about watches. The Milly was not a "thing" he lusted over, it was more of a thought pattern awakening. Anyway, all that was off topic, BUT to say... LOL... He and I have played around with different straps for it just for kicks. After all... it's just a watch. ;)
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 12:10 AM   #3
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

Pics would help.,.

IMG_5176.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2023, 07:52 AM   #4
MilPauS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgdaytona View Post
In an attempt to add something constructive to this thread... When the Milly was rereleased collectors fawned over it. Then it became old news. I was and still am fascinated by the watch that Rolex (of all folks) put an orange lightning bolt hand and a green crystal on! The gauss rating and all that is no longer (maybe back in the day) much to discuss, but what a COOL oversized oyster case with color! Love the watch! Back around 2020 I let my son pick one of my watches as a college graduation gift. (near perfect gpa) When I laid out all my watches for him to pick, he passed over all (much more expensive) because he loved the look of the Milly. I had it serviced, put back in its box with papers and such and wrapped it up for him for graduation day. A grateful, tasteful, and considerate son bonded with me and the watch community that day for life. It was a very very cool moment. He has since bought another watch on his own since graduation and is still sending me links to read about watches. The Milly was not a "thing" he lusted over, it was more of a thought pattern awakening. Anyway, all that was off topic, BUT to say... LOL... He and I have played around with different straps for it just for kicks. After all... it's just a watch. ;)
That's a good story... and what a feeling to be gifting such an amazing watch to your kid! Not quite there yet (don't even have one ((a kid)) but I sure hope to pass down my Milgauss collection to mi kids one day :)

There has to be something magnetic about the Milgauss (pun intended)... some people just gravitate towards it. I totally identify with your story. Even though I had been into watches from a young age, I thought Rolex was for old people... but around 2010 I saw a GV Milgauss across the cafe where I was sitting and the madness began!
Old 24 August 2023, 07:54 AM   #5
MilPauS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgdaytona View Post
The GV black will forever be my favourite MG... beautiful!
Old 24 August 2023, 08:00 AM   #6
MilPauS
"TRF" Member

Sorry for taking so long to post, I'm a bit OCD about the quality of the pics and strap combos I wanna post here... but today's snap MUST be shared... :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2636-min-min (1).jpg (193.1 KB, 78 views)