The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 January 2023, 10:22 PM   #1
goldmaes
"TRF" Member

RG Yachtmaster 116655 Service Question

I have had the above listed watch for about 4 years and absolutely love it. I was purchased directly from a Rolex AD. I started to notice the other day that winding the watch seemed a bit harder or crunchy. It winds however and keeps good time. Yesterday I took it to the closest AD to me and they felt the same thing. However….I was surprised that they said that they would have their service person look at it this week and make a determination if it was a warranty issue or because it was already 4 years old that it could just be dirty and I would have to pay for a cleaning.

Does this sound right? I keep my watches meticulous and they never are in the water. Even if it does need cleaned, (which I have never heard of for a watch under a warranty) wouldn’t this be covered? Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have never had something like this happen with my AP, Ulysse Nardin or Franck Muller watches. I think it may be a bad AD. Thanks.
goldmaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 10:27 PM   #2
JettyOne
"TRF" Member

It’s just protocol to have service inspect it. It’s most likely to be serviced under warranty. Good catch before warranty runs out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 11:06 PM   #3
goldmaes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyOne View Post
It’s just protocol to have service inspect it. It’s most likely to be serviced under warranty. Good catch before warranty runs out.
If they said that, it was just dirty and wanted to charge me for a cleaning, would you do it or would you take it to another authorized dealer? I could see this being a scam.
Old 27 January 2023, 11:28 PM   #4
JettyOne
"TRF" Member

4yrs is still early for a service. If it winds rough, it’s an issue. Then a warranty claim. I don’t see it any other way.

They will fix the issue but, you won’t get a full service. If they offer full service for a reduced price, something to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2023, 01:10 AM   #5
goldmaes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyOne View Post
4yrs is still early for a service. If it winds rough, it’s an issue. Then a warranty claim. I don’t see it any other way.

They will fix the issue but, you won’t get a full service. If they offer full service for a reduced price, something to consider.
Thank you!