The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 12 December 2021, 07:08 AM   #1
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
Have to agree. Sorry

As a watch lover, even if I were a billionaire I cant see myself paying this kind of money. Who knows maybe if I were a billionaire I'd have a different opinion but I doubt it.

I think I'd be better suited if I were a billionaire/watch lover doing the things that would get me selected versus going this crazy route. All if's and but's and candy and nut's at this point

Your logic is good but in reality it doesn’t work this way. $5m is relative pennies to a billionaire, check out the running costs of a super-yacht or a major sports team or a private jet.

The experience of winning at such an auction would be so much better than being offered the chance to buy at retail.

I don’t really know why people can’t just be happy for them and enjoy the entertainment. There’s a lot of folk out there (the majority of my friends included) that think it’s mental that we spend four figures on a watch, so everything is relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 08:13 AM   #2
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Your logic is good but in reality it doesn’t work this way. $5m is relative pennies to a billionaire, check out the running costs of a super-yacht or a major sports team or a private jet.

The experience of winning at such an auction would be so much better than being offered the chance to buy at retail.

I don’t really know why people can’t just be happy for them and enjoy the entertainment. There’s a lot of folk out there (the majority of my friends included) that think it’s mental that we spend four figures on a watch, so everything is relative.

yep, 5 million to someone who has 1 billion is 5000 to someone who has 1 million. it's hard to understand just how much 1 billion is. obviously not exactly that relative because it just takes into account liquid money and all that and the fact that 5 mil can get you so much more than 5000 but still goes to show how small it is to them
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 12:17 AM   #3
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post

Amen. When you have a crazy amount of money doing crazy things with it is just de rigueur.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote