The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 October 2019, 01:01 AM   #31
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mehr View Post
I traded my batman against it which I didn't wear too much also. I thought I will like the Pepsi more. I was wrong.

I much prefer the Hulk and CHNR.

You should try a less expensive hobby brother, like swimming or something, you will thank me financially later.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 01:12 AM   #32
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
You should try a less expensive hobby brother, like swimming or something, you will thank me financially later.
I guess that advise can be given by you to everyone here on the forum.
I thought you would understand The passion for watches isn’t the same as swimming ��
Dr.Mehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 01:43 AM   #33
seanneok11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ap,rolex, rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
If you don’t like it then flip. I wouldn’t though. Skydweller is just a DJ on steroids IMO. The BLRO is uniquely special in horology as a true icon.
BLRO is uniquely special in Horolgy? How so because of the
Bi- color bezel or the jubilee bracelet? Lol and the Skydweller is a DJ on steroids?
The sky is the most complicated movement in Rolex history a true innovation for annual calendars with the command bezel and eliminating added extras like other annual calendars. So no I believe you’re very wrong with your statement.
seanneok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 02:21 AM   #34
othertbone
Banned

Quote:
I thought you would understand The passion for watches isn’t the same as swimming ��

Sorry I don’t see your passion. But in any event, good luck brother and enjoy your next purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 October 2019, 05:21 AM   #35
A.I.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
SkyD is a real keeper IF you can find one at list...

SD11.jpg
A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:38 AM   #36
JCZ5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Honestly I would keep the SS BLRO. I have a skyD and personally, think the BLRO is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JCZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:52 AM   #37
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
I could NOT be any happier with my SKY-DWELLER White dial.

BLRO? Hah - You gotta be kidding me - I never had any desire for that at all. PLUS the SKY-D is also a GMT anyway, and a much more beautiful offering any day than the BLNR or BLRO.

No "FOMO" for me with the BLNR/BLRO's.

Is the SKY-D too large for my smallish, flattish 6.5" arm?
Is it too top heavy?
Does it not fit me WELL?
Is the bracelet a difficult-to-adjust fit?
Is the Oyster bracelet an uncomfortable fit compared to a Jubilee bracelet?
Does the watch have poor lume?
Are ANY the above-mentioned "issues" by other posters a problem for me?

"NO!!!"

The SKY-DWELLER has the amazing easy-to-use high-tech 9001 Saros calendar movement and it is certainly "obtainable" and dollar for dollar blows away the BLNR/BLRO. Disagree if you must; I really do not care.

The White dial has an amazing texture and appearance that cannot be photographed (possibly videoed though?). You really need to see it in person. The way light plays with it is sooo cool. It (and the 24 hour disc) can change from a white to light silver-ish depending on light intensity and angle. Really amazing. It blows away any other dial, and I have seen so many of them.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 06:44 AM   #38
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
If you don’t like it then flip. I wouldn’t though. Skydweller is just a DJ on steroids IMO. The BLRO is uniquely special in horology as a true icon.
Are you aware of the movement and the significance it has to Rolex?

Vs. a remake of an icon. Uniquely special? One of millions upon millions. The SD is far more unique in that light.

FWIW, Ive got both. I far prefer my souped up DJ. I do kind of wish it was just a tad smaller tho.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 06:46 AM   #39
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. View Post
SkyD is a real keeper IF you can find one at list...

Attachment 1078016
Even more of a keeper if you pay over list.

Old 14 October 2019, 06:47 AM   #40
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Both are gorgeous watches and you’ll get a 50/50 answer as each have their own fans!!
I am slightly leaning towards the Pepsi between the two
Old 14 October 2019, 07:16 AM   #41
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry I don’t see your passion. But in any event, good luck brother and enjoy your next purchase.

I see the passion OP. And I can definitely relate to your plight. It’s a search, it’s a journey and, for some of us, it’s all a part hobby. Flipping allows us to try a lot of different models. For me, sometimes more than once.

Clearly the advise given is relevant to a huge population of this forum.

Keep doing you brother.

People always want to judge. It’s sad really. Don’t let it affect you.

Old 14 October 2019, 07:23 AM   #42
othertbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I see the passion OP. And I can definitely relate to your plight. It’s a search, it’s a journey and, for some of us, it’s all a part hobby. Flipping allows us to try a lot of different models. For me, sometimes more than once.

Keep doing you brother.

Sounds like a passion for flipping
Old 14 October 2019, 07:31 AM   #43
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Might be.

Old 14 October 2019, 08:08 AM   #44
jlushing
"TRF" Member

I just traded my 2019 Pepsi jubilee for 2015 SS white Daytona 116520 and couldn’t be happier. If you’re not going to wear it, get into something you will wear. These watches aren’t gold I don’t think they should live in a safe. Best of luck!

jlushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 08:52 AM   #45
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
I could NOT be any happier with my SKY-DWELLER White dial.

BLRO? Hah - You gotta be kidding me - I never had any desire for that at all. PLUS the SKY-D is also a GMT anyway, and a much more beautiful offering any day than the BLNR or BLRO.

No "FOMO" for me with the BLNR/BLRO's.

Is the SKY-D too large for my smallish, flattish 6.5" arm?
Is it too top heavy?
Does it not fit me WELL?
Is the bracelet a difficult-to-adjust fit?
Is the Oyster bracelet an uncomfortable fit compared to a Jubilee bracelet?
Does the watch have poor lume?
Are ANY the above-mentioned "issues" by other posters a problem for me?

"NO!!!"

The SKY-DWELLER has the amazing easy-to-use high-tech 9001 Saros calendar movement and it is certainly "obtainable" and dollar for dollar blows away the BLNR/BLRO. Disagree if you must; I really do not care.

The White dial has an amazing texture and appearance that cannot be photographed (possibly videoed though?). You really need to see it in person. The way light plays with it is sooo cool. It (and the 24 hour disc) can change from a white to light silver-ish depending on light intensity and angle. Really amazing. It blows away any other dial, and I have seen so many of them.

Awesome reply !

Please post pics of your SD.
Old 14 October 2019, 08:53 AM   #46
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

Keep doing you brother.

Thank You 😊
Old 14 October 2019, 08:58 AM   #47
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The fact that you have only three threads that you started (and none of any incoming) and have more then 1400 posts, it seems you are here for the passion of commenting on posts.

I don’t expect you to understand the experience of owning, bonding or trying to bond with a watch.
Old 14 October 2019, 09:03 AM   #48
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Not me
Old 14 October 2019, 09:13 AM   #49
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
So having had the SS Pepsi for a few months and not worn it except for one day, I am thinking of trading it against the White SS Skydweller.

I am a frequent traveller and also have family living in a different timezone.
I am not a fan of the Jubilee bracelet. I think it suits older people more compared to someone in their thirties. I like the look and the feel of the Oyster bracelet.

Do you think I will be able to get someone to swap a brand new white dial SS Skydweller and is this a fair trade ?
I see where you are going with this. A white dial Skydweller exchanging for a BLRO. On the secondary market these two watches have similar asking prices, but after that things change. Skydweller is one of the most sophisticated complications second or equal to yachtmaaster's regatta timer. Skydweller is 42 mm.

For me the jubilee bracelet has no generational boundaries because it is traditional Rolex and that is that. We are not comparing jubilees or president bracelets from years past. They may look similar but don't perform the same. Rolex calls the current GMT the "Cosmopolitan Watch" and I understand this statement, and I understand the client who finds this watch appealing.

Having owned both the BLRO and the Skydweller, I feel the watches appeal to a different market. To answer your question, I am sure you can trade a BLRO for a Skydweller when you find the guy who bought a Skydweller and can't wear it everyday and wants the BLRO, just as you own a BLRO but want a Skydweller. I am sure there is someone out there, just put up your ad on the Buy sell trade forum.
Old 14 October 2019, 09:55 AM   #50
blue lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's just a watch.
Skydweller for me
blue lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 11:27 AM   #51
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Forget the nay sayers.

Buying a watch is not like making a wedding vow.

If you don't enjoy the watch, trade it. And get one you have passion for.

If I could afford it (and that is always the caveat) I would not skip a beat on taking a loss.

Go for it.
Old 14 October 2019, 11:35 AM   #52
SeikoBake
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
Sky dweller is the way to go. However I’d sell the BLRO outright and then add in some
Juice to get the blue or at minimum black. The white isn’t as hot as the previous two and looks a little bit old.
SeikoBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 01:06 PM   #53
othertbone
Banned

Quote:
The fact that you have only three threads that you started (and none of any incoming) and have more then 1400 posts, it seems you are here for the passion of commenting on posts.

I don’t expect you to understand the experience of owning, bonding or trying to bond with a watch.

I am dumber after reading this
Old 15 October 2019, 02:04 AM   #54
scubadds
"TRF" Member

I gather that you feel the Jubilee is perhaps not as sporty as an Oyster?
I find I like my BLRO when I dress up more (like dinner or meeting), as the watch does wear "shiny", it looks like a white gold watch more than the Oyster.

When I go casual, (shorts or running around town on my day off not dressed up) I prefer the Exp II.

My point: I have considered a Sky-Dweller, but it seems like it would wear very dressy to me; not sure it is a "head to the beach" kinda watch to me....

Granted we are all different, we live in geographically and economically different areas. What may be ideal in one area may be different somewhere else.
As I didn't see you mentioning trading, not adding to a collection; I would start with how you really intend to wear the watch. Figure out which one fits the bill better and go from there.

For the record: I have had a black Daytona for 3 or so months and haven't worn it out yet either. The backstory is long: I had a 2004 Daytona and wore it for 15 years every day...so the novelty isn't there as much. I traded my old Daytona and a bit of cash to get the new Daytona, and I wasn't sure if I wanted white or black... (I had black and was given the option of black and took it)
If my AD can get another Daytona, (hopefully I can one day get a white too) and it happens to be black, then it seems easier to trade an unworn watch as it eliminates the condition issue.
Plus, during the week I am wearing an apple watch for texts (Use it to tell me when a patient is ready in another room, it frees me from finding a monitor to look where I need to be)
scubadds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2019, 02:10 AM   #55
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Do what makes you happy in the end, not what others think.
Old 15 October 2019, 02:57 AM   #56
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
If you’re not enjoying the BLRO, try posting in the classifieds for a trade or maybe hitting up one of the trusted sellers and seeing what that deal would look like.

If you can, try a SD on for size...even if they don’t have any SS in the AD they probably have a gold one...the weight will feel different but you could at least get a sense for case size and thickness. Good luck
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 07:27 AM   #57
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
If you’re not enjoying the BLRO, try posting in the classifieds for a trade or maybe hitting up one of the trusted sellers and seeing what that deal would look like.

If you can, try a SD on for size...even if they don’t have any SS in the AD they probably have a gold one...the weight will feel different but you could at least get a sense for case size and thickness. Good luck

Thanks very much !

Old 20 October 2019, 07:28 AM   #58
Dr.Mehr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadds View Post
I gather that you feel the Jubilee is perhaps not as sporty as an Oyster?
I find I like my BLRO when I dress up more (like dinner or meeting), as the watch does wear "shiny", it looks like a white gold watch more than the Oyster.

When I go casual, (shorts or running around town on my day off not dressed up) I prefer the Exp II.

My point: I have considered a Sky-Dweller, but it seems like it would wear very dressy to me; not sure it is a "head to the beach" kinda watch to me....

Granted we are all different, we live in geographically and economically different areas. What may be ideal in one area may be different somewhere else.
As I didn't see you mentioning trading, not adding to a collection; I would start with how you really intend to wear the watch. Figure out which one fits the bill better and go from there.

For the record: I have had a black Daytona for 3 or so months and haven't worn it out yet either. The backstory is long: I had a 2004 Daytona and wore it for 15 years every day...so the novelty isn't there as much. I traded my old Daytona and a bit of cash to get the new Daytona, and I wasn't sure if I wanted white or black... (I had black and was given the option of black and took it)
If my AD can get another Daytona, (hopefully I can one day get a white too) and it happens to be black, then it seems easier to trade an unworn watch as it eliminates the condition issue.
Plus, during the week I am wearing an apple watch for texts (Use it to tell me when a patient is ready in another room, it frees me from finding a monitor to look where I need to be)

Thank You Doc ! Great insight.

Old 20 October 2019, 07:39 AM   #59
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Not me
Same here Gus.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2019, 08:11 AM   #60
Stellite
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
I think if you can make the trade do so. It will be hard to do but can be done. You may need to throw in some cash though. The skydweller is a serious complication for rolex so there is no comparison between it and the gmt from a horological point of view. Also, much more limited. I have not seen the white dial in person, but have seen all the others in person and like them all. So unless you are dead set on white, you will have more options.
Stellite is offline   Reply With Quote