The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 June 2020, 06:08 AM   #1
NK212
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Seamaster pro 300M white vs Submariner?

Hello all,

I’m really tempted by the White Dial Seamaster pro on rubber as a summer watch. I love rubber straps these days for the snug, non-moving fit they give. My ‘concern’ as such is how it feels and wears compared to a Sub? I know you can try them on - and I have - but in a AD you can convince yourself of anything in the glittering lights.

I have at the moment: Ceramic Sub, ceramic GMT BLNR, 5 digit Sub, Explorer 39mm, Black Bay 58 for my 6.25” flat-ish wrist. How does the seamaster on rubber wear in real life compared to any of these? Thickness is my main concern I guess as it’s chunkier than my others. I’ve got no interest in the bracelet as I’m not really a fan and would only ever wear on rubber.

Thanks for the thoughts!
NK212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2020, 06:28 AM   #2
Beauregard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
That Seamaster 300 Diver is the only white dial I have ever considered owning. I think really says something about the beauty of that Omega.

Speaking to the comfort of the watch, the 300 Diver is the most comfortable watch on a strap I have, a close second is the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe in titanium.
Old 26 June 2020, 06:37 AM   #3
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I sold my Sub C for the white dial. No regrets. Compared to the sub, the SMP wears very similar in size, especially if you are going for the rubber version. You will hardly notice any difference in size. Very comfortable watch. The bracelet version feels chunkier than the sub because the bracelet does not taper. I prefer the oyster bracelet, but the SMP bracelet is still very nice. Considering you have a few other Rolex's and black dials at that, I think the white SMP would be a good one to add. It looks great by the pool or beach and on the rubber it can be worn in a formal setting as the rubber darkens it up a bit.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2020, 07:54 AM   #4
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

I have a 114060 and the white smp. Size and comfort wise I'd say they're pretty similar. The Omega rubber is light and smooth as butter. I have yet to find anything that compares to Rolex bracelets, but since you only want rubber, I'd say go for it! It's a great watch!
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Seamaster pro 300M white vs Submariner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK212 View Post
Hello all,

I’m really tempted by the White Dial Seamaster pro on rubber as a summer watch. I love rubber straps these days for the snug, non-moving fit they give. My ‘concern’ as such is how it feels and wears compared to a Sub? I know you can try them on - and I have - but in a AD you can convince yourself of anything in the glittering lights.

I have at the moment: Ceramic Sub, ceramic GMT BLNR, 5 digit Sub, Explorer 39mm, Black Bay 58 for my 6.25” flat-ish wrist. How does the seamaster on rubber wear in real life compared to any of these? Thickness is my main concern I guess as it’s chunkier than my others. I’ve got no interest in the bracelet as I’m not really a fan and would only ever wear on rubber.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Here’s mine and my other watches. Why not change it up a bit and try out the Great White?

One aspect I really enjoy is changing up the straps ... something I never did with my SubND.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 05:39 AM   #6
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiebaby View Post
Here’s mine and my other watches. Why not change it up a bit and try out the Great White?

One aspect I really enjoy is changing up the straps ... something I never did with my SubND.

Great collection! I think you have been wearing the SMP the most lately!
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2020, 09:28 AM   #7
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGingerwood View Post
Great collection! I think you have been wearing the SMP the most lately!

I wear the BLNR the most ... my favorite watch. The SMP is my pool/weekend watch.

Old 27 June 2020, 10:01 PM   #8
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

I’ll be the dissenter here - with your 6.25 inch sized wrist , I think you will be disappointed with the 300. It is a big watch. It is at the upper limit of what my 6.75 inch wrist can handle and it will feel gigantic compared to your 5 digit sub and less comfortable over prolonged wear than your BLNR. That’s my honest 3 cents, as an owner of all 3 of the above watches (have the omega on both rubber and bracelet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 09:04 AM   #9
NK212
"TRF" Member

Thanks all for the input. Sorry for the previous poster, I read that when I returned from the AD to collect a Seamaster professional in white on rubber! Decided to go for it in the end.

So far so good, size is OK and whilst different to some of my others, it’s not so massive. The wife and kids like it so that’s always a plus, beats the ‘looks like all your others’ comments I normally get.

Only thing I need to sort is the rubber strap as I am on the lat hole and I need it a bit tighter. Will be looking to order a short strap when I can.

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...UBtY0OEXtE_pQP
Old 28 June 2020, 11:50 AM   #10
TimeRookie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Quote:
Thanks all for the input. Sorry for the previous poster, I read that when I returned from the AD to collect a Seamaster professional in white on rubber! Decided to go for it in the end.

So far so good, size is OK and whilst different to some of my others, it’s not so massive. The wife and kids like it so that’s always a plus, beats the ‘looks like all your others’ comments I normally get.

Only thing I need to sort is the rubber strap as I am on the lat hole and I need it a bit tighter. Will be looking to order a short strap when I can.

https://photos.google.com/search/_tr...UBtY0OEXtE_pQP
Congratulations! Good for you!
Pelagos 42mm
Explorer II 226570
TimeRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 05:23 PM   #11
icnbne
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Omega Seiko
Was talking to a sales assistant at omega and he noted the white dial smp was the surprise hit of their diving collection

Personally i think it looks great, but a little difficult to read
icnbne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 02:12 PM   #12
rkven
"TRF" Member

Seamaster 300 white
rkven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 04:38 PM   #13
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
they both have their own iconic looks but technological advances wise i would choose the smp300
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 05:41 PM   #14
LondonLukeM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116508 YG
Definitely go for it with the Seamaster 300m...it is a stunning watch in ANY dial colour.
I am a long time Rolex fan and recently bought the black dial Seamaster 300m and it has had non stop wrist time- the rubber strap is extremely comfortable and the aesthetics of the watch on rubber work so so well.
The value for money is also second to none!
*I see you went for it! Enjoy and wear in good health!
LondonLukeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 02:46 AM   #15
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
I'm in love with this watch too.

I'll be focusing all my energy soon to purchase it.

Is there a company that makes a rubber strap for it with deployant clasp? Not to fond of a tang buckle that Omega offers.
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 06:52 AM   #16
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post

Is there a company that makes a rubber strap for it with deployant clasp? Not to fond of a tang buckle that Omega offers.
Not entirely sure but I think you can get a Omega deployant which will fit the OEM rubber. If not I’m sure other deployants would fit the Omega rubber.

Zealande makes rubber with curved ends to fit the case, but they also come with tang buckles. Again, I’m sure you could find a deployant to fit.
OrangeKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 08:09 AM   #17
NK212
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Have you tried the tang buckle? It’s actually very neatly done and worth test driving properly before writing it off.
Old 30 June 2020, 01:20 PM   #18
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:
Have you tried the tang buckle? It’s actually very neatly done and worth test driving properly before writing it off.
I have not.

Do they typically have models on rubber straps in showrooms? I've only seen steel.
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 10:45 PM   #19
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have not.

Do they typically have models on rubber straps in showrooms? I've only seen steel.

I see them on rubber in ADs often (May not be whites dial, but black/blue/silver).

The OMEGA keeper is actually rubber wrapped titanium (it is not squishy).

I show in great detail the rubber strap on this video...

https://youtu.be/nWfddteRR7I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk