The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 July 2020, 01:47 AM   #1
chinaski
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyProExplorer1
Oh Man, I LOVE this one!

chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 02:05 AM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
That is a nice one.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 02:21 AM   #3
anonymousmoose
"TRF" Member

Simple design, I see the appeal.
Old 1 July 2020, 02:33 AM   #4
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
I love a lot of Omega's Deville line, including this watch. I was on the fence about getting one, but I ended up picking up the Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic. It has a similar simple dial, but what pushed me over to B&M was its automatic movement with a 5-day power reserve.

You can't go wrong with either one of these beautiful watches. Good luck with your decision, OP!

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 02:41 AM   #5
chinaski
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyProExplorer1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
I love a lot of Omega's Deville line, including this watch. I was on the fence about getting one, but I ended up picking up the Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic. It has a similar simple dial, but what pushed me over to B&M was its automatic movement with a 5-day power reserve.

You can't go wrong with either one of these beautiful watches. Good luck with your decision, OP!
I just bought an Explorer, I need to lay off the watch purchases for awhile, maybe next year though! I want a simple white dial watch, I've been wanting another hand cranker. This one will be considered along with JLC and perhaps a vintage 6426 is a possibility as well.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 02:55 AM   #6
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
It’s a beauty!
I love the linen dials available too. I have a vintage constellation with the line dial and it is sooo good.
OrangeKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 12:33 AM   #7
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
Simple, effective and classy. I’d like to this as a two hand ND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 04:04 AM   #8
Tom5518
Banned

Watch: Air King
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I just bought an Explorer, I need to lay off the watch purchases for awhile, maybe next year though! I want a simple white dial watch, I've been wanting another hand cranker. This one will be considered along with JLC and perhaps a vintage 6426 is a possibility as well.
That would be an excellent addition to your "small" collection.
(An inside joke. I happen to know the OP from another forum)

Back to the issue at hand: My local AD got this watch in a few months ago, before the shut-down. It is simply spectacular! I love that it is a manual wind Co-Axial movement so no rotor to block the view. It is extremely thin yet it is every bit as solid feeling as a Seamaster.

It is definitely on my radar and the only reason I am not getting it next is because my AD has something real special in the back I am getting next.

Tom5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 01:16 PM   #9
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Another member of The Forum wrote to me asking my thoughts about mine because he's thinking of buying one. I'll share here the note I sent back to him a couple of days ago:

"Hi Brian. Happy 4th of July to you, too. I do recommend the Tresor, and I'll be glad to share with you some thoughts about my experience owning and wearing mine. First, I'll say the movement is the main reason I chose the Tresor. It's very modern, and it is basically a hand-wound variant of Omega's respected Calber 8900 (used in the Aqua Terra, Planet Ocean and other models). It uses Omega's Co-Axial escapement for efficient and stable metering of energy from twin mainsprings that deliver 72 hours of power reserve. It's gorgeous to look at! Mine keeps time superbly. Now, about the watch: Of course, it's elegant in an understated, quiet way. It's VERY comfortable to wear because it's slim and light, which took me a while to become accustomed to. At first, it felt so slim and light that I felt I wanted something heavier with more presence on the wrist, but over time I grew to appreciate its understated and quiet presence of quality. Other things I appreciate about it: My wrist is 7" with a flat profile, and the case of the Tresor sits squarely on this flat surface without shifting around. Its crystal is box-shaped, meaning it protrudes a millimeter or two above the case like a short cylinder with vertical sides. The color of the dial is sublime. I would call it "silvered" (a traditional way of finishing a watch dial with silver plating), and its 18k white gold indices and hands gleam beautifully when light plays off of them. Okay, now here's the most important point I need to make about living with the Tresor: I didn't come to appreciate all of these things right away, but instead grew to love the watch more and more as time passed. I expect your experience could be the same. I have other good watches, so I take the Tresor out and wear it in turn with the others, and this may be one reason why my attraction to it grew at such a gradual pace, but I think it's also due to the Tresor's unique beauty, understated and quiet. The more I wear it, the more I love it, and I believe this says a lot about its design and its value."

AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 11:57 AM   #10
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
I love this watch. I'm going to look at it in person this Saturday. How does the steel model compare to the white gold version? They look basically the same, so I'll probably go with the steel, but any feedback would be helpful.
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 12:35 PM   #11
BigAppleBill
"TRF" Member

This watch is about as classic as they come. No flash, just an honest daily wearer that will serve its wearer with a lifetime of reliability. If you’re looking to add a splash of style the blue linen or white linen dial versions are just the ticket.

If a watch is a glimpse into someone’s personality, this one says you’re a solid, reliable, no-drama gentleman who takes care of business.
BigAppleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2020, 01:01 PM   #12
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBill View Post
This watch is about as classic as they come. No flash, just an honest daily wearer that will serve its wearer with a lifetime of reliability. If you’re looking to add a splash of style the blue linen or white linen dial versions are just the ticket.

If a watch is a glimpse into someone’s personality, this one says you’re a solid, reliable, no-drama gentleman who takes care of business.
Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait to see it in person. Solid, reliable, no-drama gentleman are outstanding traits. I like the idea of a clean, classic looking - but modern - dress watch. It will pair nicely with my Explorer II and days when I want to dress up a bit.
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote