The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 April 2020, 05:51 AM   #1
Shadow Play
"TRF" Member

Colt Skyracer

Does anyone have experience of the Colt Skyracer? It’s not something that’s immediately on my list but it does look like a great watch for the money. The only things that put me off is the dial appears slightly busy and I’m not keen on the ruler marks on the strap.

It’s apparently 45mm but very light so I doubt comfort would be a problem. Any rumours Breitling will release a smaller version, perhaps with a slightly different dial?
Shadow Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 07:37 AM   #2
56scooter
"TRF" Member

My wife purchased one as payback when a watch I pre-ordered showed up unexpectantly! She absolutely loves it and it receives quite a bit of wrist time even though she has a variety of other watches available. It is lightweight and you do not have to be concerned about banging it around. The strap is a little gimmicky but you really do not notice it after awhile. I would not wait for a smaller version to be released. One of the first things Georges Kearns did when he took over Breitling was to cease production of the watch. He felt that it cheapen the image of Breitling and ordered it to be discontinued. If the Breitlight material is appealing it is used in a variety of other watches.
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 07:51 AM   #3
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I own one and its very light weight and grab and go beater with 8 years battery life! Pure Breitling DNA and will also be remembered as the last quartz model (Professional watches not counting) for a very long time. Nothing wrong with the watch to not buy one!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 10:54 AM   #4
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

It’s a great watch. I’ve had mine almost 2 years and it’s the perfect grab anytime watch and not really worry about scratches. It’s amazing how light it feels on the wrist and is very legible. My only issue with it is the strap is the grooves on the back of it where it fits in by the lugs. It’s only a minor issue and easy to get used to.

It’s a shame this watch was discontinued. I wasn’t a huge fan at first but once I tried it on, it almost became a must have right away since it just felt so comfortable on my wrist.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 06:27 PM   #5
robinmgb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot BB Unico
Sorry but my experience isn't so good as the above posts!
I bought one as I thought it would be an ideal daily wearer but sold it after about a week.
It looks and feels so cheap, the printed rather than applied dial is shocking, better off buying a casio in my opinion
robinmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 07:38 PM   #6
Shadow Play
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies and great to see different opinions. The more I look into this watch the more I like it.

With it being discontinued will it still be possible to buy a replacement strap from Breitling and is the super quartz simple enough to repair if there is a problem with it?

It’s a pity Kearns feels the way he does about the watch cheapening the brand brand. I think it’s a great way to introduce customers to the brand. I remember I bought a new Tag Heuer F1 mid size quartz on a plastic strap from the AD back in the early 90s for retail - £125. As a result of buying that I also bought the mid size S/EL. I know a lot of people don’t rate Tag Heuer but both are still going strong. Due to the smaller size of both watches my wife wears the S/EL these days as her daily beater. I still wear the F1 occasionally.
Shadow Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2020, 08:51 PM   #7
OGAL30
"TRF" Member

Colt

Great watch
OGAL30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2020, 09:49 PM   #8
Bluebirdwatch1
"TRF" Member

I have a skyracer raven. Not the biggest fan but that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluebirdwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2020, 10:58 PM   #9
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamswatchcollection View Post
I have a skyracer raven. Not the biggest fan but that’s just me

Completely different watch. The Skyracer Raven is a mechanical watch from about 12 years ago while the OP is talking about the Colt Skyracer is a quartz watch that was introduced about 3 years ago and discontinued when Georges Kerns took over at Breitling!
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2020, 11:00 PM   #10
Bluebirdwatch1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56scooter View Post
Completely different watch. The Skyracer Raven is a mechanical watch from about 12 years ago while the OP is talking about the Colt Skyracer is a quartz watch that was introduced about 3 years ago and discontinued when Georges Kerns took over at Breitling!

Whoops!!

Bluebirdwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2021, 08:20 PM   #11
DP1981
"TRF" Member

I have one and I love it. Incredibly accurate, legible and in my opinion, it looks great.
DP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 10:55 AM   #12
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
Tried one on at Oculus in NYC when they were just released . The whole strap thing kept me from pulling the trigger then and now . But I really liked the look and feel .
Malum is offline   Reply With Quote