The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 July 2021, 04:08 PM   #31
MikePRT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
Moving ones arm underwater causing extra pressure is unfortunately a massive myth that has been floating around for a while.

Deepest I’ve ever been is just shy of 40M, it’s a very strange experience being that far under.

Without special equipment and training I don’t think most people without SCUBA could free dive deeper than the watch could handle quite safely.

A running tap won’t cause you any issues.

Thanks, it has been established that I was being paranoid.

Not sure what the myth is…a quick google brings up watch industry standards, specifically ISO 22810:2010 which notes:

“50M / 5ATM / 5 BAR / 165ft - this grade is considered great for everyday use. You should be able to take your watch with you when showering but it's not designed for prolonged swimming or snorkeling.”

As mentioned established that I’ve been paranoid in terms of cleaning in a sink, but I certainly wouldn’t go swimming with it despite other people’s positive experiences. Perhaps AP adhere to a level of water resistance higher than the standard…but not a risk I’m prepared to take, especially when I have other watches more suited to the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikePRT is offline   Reply With Quote