The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2018, 06:21 AM   #1
penguinrolex
"TRF" Member

Explorer (1) availability at AD in london?

So, GF and I are frequently in London. She's there between four and ten times a year. We just started looking for the white whale (Batman and a Hulk, haha we have time to wait...another 20 years until we let the boys have them anyways...).

I'm thinking about an Explorer 214270 while we spend the next eternity waiting for the impossibles. Is this something that can be found at London ADs? Or is this just as hard as a sub?
penguinrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 07:21 AM   #2
jsausley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270/116710BLNR
Why shop in London when you're in Texas? You're a lot more likely to find these watches in the US right now.

I understand saving a little bit of money, that's great (I'd love to snag an OP39 in white for about $4,800 in England) but everyone else is trying to do that so that's why there are no watches in England anymore. If you REALLY want something, get on the waitlist here in the US and pay the extra couple hundred.
Old 21 September 2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
Why shop in London when you're in Texas? You're a lot more likely to find these watches in the US right now.

I understand saving a little bit of money, that's great (I'd love to snag an OP39 in white for about $4,800 in England) but everyone else is trying to do that so that's why there are no watches in England anymore. If you REALLY want something, get on the waitlist here in the US and pay the extra couple hundred.
This
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 06:04 PM   #4
Amazing
"TRF" Member

To answer the original question they are occasionally seen in ADs, particularly if you're a bit outside of central London. Personally for the sake of a few hundred quid, I'd go local and beef up my AD relationship a bit more.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 06:07 PM   #5
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Some great advice for you Penguin.
Good luck.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 07:46 PM   #6
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

For people who travel internationally regularly, it is perfectly reasonable to compare prices and inventory at places you travel to. However with the upcoming price increase in the UK as noted in another thread, the price difference may be less of a difference, but still worth a few hundred dollars/pounds.

The Explorer 1 is a great watch and hope you can find one at an AD soon
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 08:37 PM   #7
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Go up to nearby Watford and practice your English accent watching movies, not Hugh Grant this time, more Vinny Jones.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 01:51 AM   #8
R!$
Banned

Is this your first Rolex?
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 04:07 AM   #9
penguinrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R!$ View Post
Is this your first Rolex?
Yes, my first. She has a dj already.
Eventually we will have a Batman and a hulk to switch back and forth and give to the boys when they are 21 - long time away. This or an air king would be for me to rotate in and keep when they turn 21. I say eventually because a friend is a whale and is on lists for those for us - so one day lol.
She's in UK a lot. Price of either explorer1 or air king isnt going to get us a deep relationship with a Texas AD lol. Recently saw an explorer ii at Heathrow for $1600 under the US price so I'm thinking this isn't small change.
penguinrolex is offline   Reply With Quote