The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 October 2017, 11:32 AM   #31
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmate View Post
Wow, thanks for all of the thoughts! Definitely didn't expect to get this kind of response.

I clearly didn't articulate this well, but it isn't really a "I don't have the money to do this but I really want it!" situation. I could pay cash today and it wouldn't impact much of anything, it's more of a "this is still $10K..." one, if that makes sense.

Based on a lot of user profiles and responses in the forums, there are people making far less and with more life complexities than me that pulled the trigger early. There are also folks that waited until retirement and probably have a few $MM in the bank (at least).
!
Are there people who bought a Rolex while carrying credit card debt at some crazy APR? Yes, but that is a dumb move on their part.

Since you can comfortably afford it, I think it comes down to your own psychology. Whenever you look at your watch, there should be a good emotional feeling. If you know you'll look at your watch and think about foregone compound interest, maybe it's not a good buy.

So I would say that if you really want a Rolex, break down your psychological barrier first. That will enable you to fully enjoy the watch
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2017, 01:43 PM   #32
Nicoleinfl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ballon Bleu
Tough decision. I'm new to the Rolex game. Just got my first one recently. My initial budget was $10K, but I went over by $2K because the AD was offering a no interest deal for 30 months. Could I have pulled that extra $2K out of my savings...yes. But why not take advantage of the "free" money and pay it back at my own pace.

It seems that luxury items go up in price annually. The longer you wait, the more you will pay. If you can swing it now without depriving your family and depleting your savings, go for it. Maybe you can find an interest free offer and make payments on it. Life is short...buy the Rolex!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicoleinfl is offline   Reply With Quote